Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Europa Universalis IV

thesecret1

Arcane
How many manas will the game have?

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ulture-should-not-exist.1627983/post-29455022

I've argued this for years and even decades by this point! Glad to see someone just coming out and saying it on the Paradox forums in the EU5 threads. Basically any discussion that doesn't acknowledge this is just gibberish and nonsense. In point of fact the poster here is underselling the problem. People who argue about ahistorical outcomes in Paradox games are just morons.

There's an easy way to simulate this realistically even in the present EU4 system. Past a certain size you should have a scaling AE floor with everyone smaller. Be big enough and the whole world is in coalition for every war

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
There's an easy way to simulate this realistically even in the present EU4 system. Past a certain size you should have a scaling AE floor with everyone smaller. Be big enough and the whole world is in coalition for every war
That's not really "realistic", though. It probably wouldn't even be effective. Well it would be a massive slog to conquer anything but the AI wouldn't actually have a chance.

The problem comes from both unrealistic internal cohesion and unrealistic temporal cohesion from the "player".

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ulture-should-not-exist.1627983/post-29455022

I've argued this for years and even decades by this point! Glad to see someone just coming out and saying it on the Paradox forums in the EU5 threads. Basically any discussion that doesn't acknowledge this is just gibberish and nonsense. In point of fact the poster here is underselling the problem. People who argue about ahistorical outcomes in Paradox games are just morons.
That's a misunderstanding of the problem, the selling point of the game is agency applied on a world similar to our own, otherwise just play any other better tabletop, for the worlds to be similar, historicity, or more a accurately railroading, which exists in eu2(?I only played modded), victoria and hoi is gone in eu4, the mission trees complely miss the point.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
I installed Anbennar yesterday. I admit that I was interested in the motif of a bisexual empress whose national goals include the motif of "elven racial purity". Is this still in the game?
Empire of Aelnar is not a selectable nation, so can it be created?

yes, it's part of venail's mission tree. it's not really fun if you don't know what's going to happen beforehand. as most of anbennar's disasters.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
yes, it's part of venail's mission tree. it's not really fun if you don't know what's going to happen beforehand. as most of anbennar's disasters.

Ah, yes. I played dwarfs from north. For sixth attempt I leave starting city (colonist needed very particular mission).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom