Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Europa Barbarorum 1.0 released

puppyonastik

Augur
Thanks Jarl. Probably would have missed out another week if it wasn't for you. :P

Wow! These guys never cease to amaze me. Practically every patch feels like an expansion.

Deleted member 7219

I loved the 0.81 version of EB, sure I'll like this too.

Is it enough to uninstall the old version of EB or do I have to re-install R-TW too?

puppyonastik

Augur
Trash said:
They didn't use the darth vader battle mod did they? Looks great, but there aren't many mentions on improvement of campaign and battle ai.

The devs made a lot of campaign elements and the AI inaccessible to modders to prove to the world that Stalinism still exists. The only "improvements" come from the unfortunately rare "Workarounds" that some modders have found over the years.

sqeecoo

Arcane
And the AI is what breaks RTW for me. Rome: total realism was great, but the ai sucked. So thanks for the update, but I am not sure I'll get it, I think I might just go on playing Civ4

Deleted member 7219

EB blows RTR out of the water in my opinion. EB offers so much more, it feels like a brand new game in its own right compared to just a mod of an older one.

Ladonna

Arcane
EB blows RTR out of the water in my opinion. EB offers so much more, it feels like a brand new game in its own right compared to just a mod of an older one.

What he said. It really is that good, and is probably the reason why I grew bored of M2TW within a few hours play. If only there was a similar mod for M2TW, taking place in medieval times.

Deleted member 7219

While it doesn't have M2's graphics, it doesn't take a massive suspension of disbelief when you have thousands of barbarians on the battlefield trying to crush a Roman town. The team has really taken pains to make the game as realistic as possible.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ladonna said:

What he said. It really is that good, and is probably the reason why I grew bored of M2TW within a few hours play. If only there was a similar mod for M2TW, taking place in medieval times.

Try the Stainless Steel mod, it's my favourite MTW2 mod right now. Not as great as EB is for Rome, but it's pretty good, improving AI and adding some new stuff [still keeps most of the original's stuff, though, like factions and map, but also adds 2 new factions, new units, new and more realistic character traits... but it's just a mod, doesn't get this "whole new game" feeling like EB does].

There are some interesting mods in production, though, I'm especially looking forward to Wrath of the Norsemen.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Oh my god EB is SLOW. My comp runs RTW without any problems, but the game, map, and turns take ages to load in EB. I'll just go play some old game that loads instantly, and come back to this in 10 years.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom