Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Eurogamer interviews MCA

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
ah well, buy another one for drog.

we should have a codex donates arcanum to needy souls day, or something.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I am actually surprised the Bethestapo ALLOWED a published interview with the RPGCodex Mentioned.

Also his answers on how he felt about Fallout 3 made me honestly laugh out loud.

anomie

Scholar
Marquess Cornwallis said:
Jason said:
Do it and I'll make sure he gets it.
I had one sent directly to you. If SuicideBunny donates another, you can PM this one to Drog, I think he mentioned he wanted to check whether the GOG version works with his patch.

Works fine, I just played through the game using Drog's patch, as well as high res patch.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
i was excited after he said "critique" and then he just went on with the arse-kissing. the fuck, mca...you need to google that fuckin' word, holmes.

TwinkieGorilla said:
i was excited after he said "critique" and then he just went on with the arse-kissing. the fuck, mca...you need to google that fuckin' word, holmes.

Critique / criticism isn't necessarily negative. You can have a good critique.

Critique Meaning and Definition
(n.) A critical examination or estimate of a work of literature or art; a critical dissertation or essay; a careful and through analysis of any subject; a criticism; as, Kant's "Critique of Pure Reason."
(n.) A critic; one who criticises.
(n.) The art of criticism.
(v.) To criticise or pass judgment upon.
Critique: words in the definition
A, Analysis, And, Any, Art, As, Careful, Critic, Critical, Criticise, Criticism, Critique, Dissertation, Essay, Estimate, Examination, Judgment, Literature, Of, One, Or, Pass, Pure, Reason, Subject, The, Through, To, Upon, Who, Work,
Critique synonyms
Criticism, Review

So yeah, it's the other way around :smug:

denizsi

Arcane
Barrow_Bug said:
denizsi said:
crakkie said:
Pete keeps their balls in a mighty tight vice grip.

:facepalm:

Why would he listen to some PR guy? Because the PR guy took some PR course? Because after at least a decade of working in the industry Chris doesn't know how to handle interviews and write acceptable answers? Seriously.

Avellone is a co-founder. Do you not understand what this word means? If there is a guy in Obsidian who doesn't need to ask for anyone's permission, that would be MCA.

Do you have any idea how the real world works? I mean, really?
Heh, better VD reply to this nonsense.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Clockwork Knight said:
Critique / criticism isn't necessarily negative. You can have a good critique.

A critical analysis or criticism is not what happened in his "critique" man. also, you know what i fucking mean. he went into it like he was going to critique the game and just arse-kissed it some more. that's not being critical or thorough.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
denizsi said:
Barrow_Bug said:
denizsi said:
crakkie said:
Pete keeps their balls in a mighty tight vice grip.

:facepalm:

Why would he listen to some PR guy? Because the PR guy took some PR course? Because after at least a decade of working in the industry Chris doesn't know how to handle interviews and write acceptable answers? Seriously.

Avellone is a co-founder. Do you not understand what this word means? If there is a guy in Obsidian who doesn't need to ask for anyone's permission, that would be MCA.

Do you have any idea how the real world works? I mean, really?
Heh, better VD reply to this nonsense.
The only nonsense here is yours. I believe I've already explained why but since you insist on being a moron...

What I said about some internal and thus inconsequential PR guy who can't possibly have any power over a co-founder does not apply to a high profile vice president of marketing of a company that's helping Obsidian to stay afloat.

One is a clerk in an internal matter, the other is a VP who represents a very important client in a situation which, as Obsidian hopes, could lead to bigger and better things.

Hope that helps.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Vault Dweller said:
What I said about some internal and thus inconsequential PR guy who can't possibly have any power over a co-founder does not apply to a high profile vice president of marketing of a company that's helping Obsidian to stay afloat.

One is a clerk in an internal matter, the other is a VP who represents a very important client in a situation which, as Obsidian hopes, could lead to bigger and better things.

Vault Dweller is dead right. I've interviewed or processed enough interview requests by now to know companies vary wildly in approach. From Blizzard, which basically has a rubber-stamp policy on interviews (though they must see all interviews by employees, even those not relevant to Blizzard's products), to Bethesda, which obsessively combs over interviews, questions and answers.

A few other companies are as tight in PR as Bethesda (like Nintendo), but what sets them apart again is how high Pete Hines is in the overall chain of command, which includes influencing design decisions, and how much he acts as the fact of the company.

MCA is co-founder of Obsidian. When talking about Obsidian, he no doubt has all the freedom he needs. MCA doesn't have buck-all of a voice in Bethesda's heirarchy, and New Vegas is - as far as PR is concerned - a Bethesda game. Thinking he doesn't need to ask Pete's permission to talk New Vegas is beyond ludicrous.

denizsi

Arcane
Vault Dweller said:

Hope that helps.

denizsi said:

edit: not that I was trolling. Something's clearly wrong with me.

deuxhero

Arcane
bhlaab said:
deuxhero said:
serch said:
Codex should send him a copy with Drog's patch after masturbating furiously on it. I don't know if the old boxes can be found anywhere, though.

Amazon has it for 14 bucks.

gog has it for 6

I don't know if the old boxes can be found anywhere, though.
[/i]

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom