Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Escape From Tarkov

Buying EoD is one of my biggest gaming regrets. I deserve the dumbfuck tag for that alone. I regret spending hundreds of dollars on League skins as a lad less because at least I got some dopamine out of it at the time, even though League is a massive piece of shit and has done severe damage to gaming. (ARTS as a genre sucks dick.) EfT is a complete piece of shit chore (calling it a game implies it's fun, when it's really just boring unpaid labor) that gets worse every patch and the faggot tacticool throaters who prop this dogshit up are just as much of a stain on the industry as the dudebros who buy every new niggerball yearly reheat. GTFO of gaming and GTFO of my local gunstore with your $8000 AR that you never shoot but also never shut the fuck up about. You deserve to get killed by hackers.
the crazy thing about it is you need EoD to make it worth going into raids with decent gear or even to be able to bring back something that isnt shitty when you die. its straight up p2not lose.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I've never gotten the point of extraction games with rampant cheaters.

Like the whole design of the game is to promote hyper sweaty playstyles because each game matters, but then you have a lol-worthy anti-cheat that gets bypassed easy and fucking assholes with ESP and lock-on snipe you from across the map.

I didn't even put up with that on standard multiplayer games, why the fuck would anyone with persistent loot systems?

Steezus

Savant
Patron
is this game any good, kinda wanna try it out

Tarkov was good when cheating and dumb design decisions weren't rampant. Playing this shit a a new player with a standard account in 2023 is probably the most miserable experience ever.

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
Huh? I've never talked to anyone that didn't think cheating was one of the biggest problems facing Tarkov, so where do you see this stuff? Sure isn't reddit or w/e, those people complain in between every breath; and here on codex people rarely express a strong opinion one way or the other on most things.

Fuck off Theodora, there is absolutely no way you're unaware that the BSG forums are dominated by faggots who constantly try to downplay and police discussion about the prevalence of cheating in tarkov. It's taken years for it to be walked forward from "cheaters? never seen em!" to "yes theres cheaters but its totally not as prevalent as people say". Meanwhile in actual reality, 60% of matches having a cheater is a LOWBALL FIGURE. This isn't "some cheaters" this is a profound amount of cheating, enough for anyone sane to say its not even worth playing in this state.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
somewhat realistic shootin', tense long firefights
Found a video to demonstrate a typical firefight.

Usually it's a short, deadly event but often you'll get into tense moments where both sides are aware of each other and try to get an advantage by maneuvering, pre-firing and so on. Sometimes in a pat position I'd just lob a grenade and run the other way. I've had people engage me in woods and then run away after getting shot up.
Gunplay feels amazing btw, both aurally and visually. People have issues with excessive recoil but that has been reduced several times recently. There is also the recent drama with cheating and I believe cheating is a big problem but personally I haven't encountered suspicious deaths very often.

Zlaja

Arcane
AppropriateCompassionateJumpingbean-size_restricted.gif

wiggle-wiggle-wiggle-zezzk4.jpg

66f.gif

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
is this game any good, kinda wanna try it out
Someone making a better version of it at this point is inevitable. Wait for Bungie's Escape From Marathon or one of the other dozen alternatives in development.
And they will all suffer under the same prolems. Cheaters. This genre as a whole is completely fucked, and no one can change that, sadly.

janior

Arcane
Patron
yeah i played it for past few days, guess its kinda cool u lose ur gear when u day but im not really interested in a game that main objective is picking up trash and doing some fetch quests

yeah i played it for past few days, guess its kinda cool u lose ur gear when u day but im not really interested in a game that main objective is picking up trash and doing some fetch quests
that would be the tedious elements that should be removed or overhauled completely. so much stash space goes into the random shitpiles of items that have no gameplay function and the questing system is mostly just arbitrary bullshit. the game could use some streamlining for sure

tritosine2k

Erudite
Surprised this didn't get mentioned here. After that cheating video, police raided the servers of the biggest cheating site to shut it down
no biggie game has builtin "hack" ( is it fixed?)

Shadows and lighting is bad :(

Issue
r/EscapefromTarkov - Shadows and lighting is bad :(
( https://www.reddit.com/r/EscapefromTarkov/comments/beayct/shadows_and_lighting_is_bad/ )
That's downright crazy.
Maps seem pretty good, would be better with static shadows 100% and no draw distance "hack". CoD royale wins 10+ fps with better draw distance on static shadows.

qt7f2ip6syma1.png

r9cnv0u4syma1.png

kl393i22syma1.png

Last edited:

motherfucker

Educated
Half the maps have badly positioned extracts/spawns that make them outright terrible. The map design by itself is stellar for sure.

tritosine2k

Erudite
I'm mostly interested in (scouting for) games under development that have gunfight, animations, inventory management already "dialed in" to a good degree, preferably with unity's lightmaps, there are a few, maybe it's a passing interest idk.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom