Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Escape From Paradise City

Texas Red

Whiner
http://www.gamerankings.com/itemranking ... wid=818797

This game went unnoticed but maybe its one of them gems, eh? I would try out the demo(yes, a real actual demo is available) but Im hooked on other games right now. Maybe somebody else has bigger balls and would post his impressions.

buccaroobonzai

Scholar
I hope there is some RPG'n in this game, it needs to be more then GTA/Crackdown RTS to standout. Its definitely on the list to try for something different, and different and good is the key.

doctor_kaz

Scholar
I'm kinda like the original poster -- I don't have a lot of time to look at it. I did install the demo and I played it for about 10 minutes. It looked fairly promising and surprsingly coherent -- unlike most of those budget RPG's/tactical combat games that come out of Eastern Europe.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I played it for some minutes.. and uninstalled directly. Waste of my money.

Honestly, the interface is horrific, the gameplay is even worse, the atmosphere is almost nonexistent, the camera is.. strange, the presentation of the story is laughable at best, ... it simply is a pain in the ass to play this game.

Of course, the idea of the game is nice. I know it's a budget title, and it IS better than others, but the whole game has such an utterly bad design in almost every aspect that I simply cannot enjoy it.

But perhaps that is just me. I'm overly critic when it comes to the design of a game (must be a positive attribute of me, when I'd want to apply somewhere as Game Designer ;) ).

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
gangland was shitty, no reason for this to be any different.

Hory

Erudite
thesheeep said:
Honestly, the interface is horrific, the gameplay is even worse, the atmosphere is almost nonexistent, the camera is.. strange, the presentation of the story is laughable at best, ... it simply is a pain in the ass to play this game.

Of course, the idea of the game is nice. I know it's a budget title, and it IS better than others, but the whole game has such an utterly bad design in almost every aspect that I simply cannot enjoy it.

But perhaps that is just me. I'm overly critic when it comes to the design of a game (must be a positive attribute of me, when I'd want to apply somewhere as Game Designer ;) ).
I don't know about game design, but I hope you don't become a reviewer. "horrific interface, worse gameplay, strange camera, laughable presentation". You seem to me like the kind of nitpicker that doesn't play a masterpiece such as Arcanum because of bugs and interface.

What is so horrific about EPC's interface? It's a complex game, and not everything can be included one click away, but there are hotkeys for everything. How about gameplay? Warcraft 3 meets GTA meets Gangsters. Brilliant. The strategy mode camera is pretty much as the camera in every other game, as for the third person mode, it's hard to imagine a way better solution for using the mouse both for looking around and issuing orders. The story is not its strong point, but this is the kind of game you play for the sake gameplay. I'll have a 4-player session soon. We'll see how it goes.

Cassidy

Arcane
thesheeep said:
Honestly, the interface is horrific, the gameplay is even worse
Of course, the idea of the game is nice.

Such things were common criticisms against Arcanum, which though truthful in a certain way(though the interface is not horrific in Arcanum after you get used to the non standard controls), and many who criticized it fitted in the next-gen crowd as well. Not to claim Arcanum interface is as bad as this one(I can't know for sure as I'm taking note of your opinion only and didn't play it yet), just to point that interface is a subjective question and stuff beyond or more complex than what most people are used to will always be criticized.

MasPingon

Arcane
Hory said:
I don't know about game design, but I hope you don't become a reviewer. "horrific interface, worse gameplay, strange camera, laughable presentation". You seem to me like the kind of nitpicker that doesn't play a masterpiece such as Arcanum because of bugs and interface.

Qft, I hate reading this kind of shit

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom