Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Erannorth Renaissance

Kabas

Arcane
Patron

Two previous Card game/RPG hybrids by the same dev were pretty great. I think some people here might be interested as this one promises to remove all of the the card game aspects and focus on CYOA elements and turn-based combat with grid movement. Also romances - codex favourite topic.
Dev released a few gameplay videos recently.

OttoQuitmarck

Educated
But....the card game mechanics were like the only thing those games had going on for them....?

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
But....the card game mechanics were like the only thing those games had going on for them....?
And don't forget about how you could choose to be a werewolf telepath or demon pirate and how Erannorth Reborn/Chronicles would actually reflect this choice in terms of your avaliable cards and perks.
New system he replaces cards with doesn't look too bad judging by the Devlogs.

OttoQuitmarck

Educated
And don't forget about how you could choose to be a werewolf telepath or demon pirate and how Erannorth Reborn/Chronicles would actually reflect this choice in terms of your avaliable cards and perks.
New system he replaces cards with doesn't look too bad judging by the Devlogs.
Yea that's exactly what I was thinking. I'm not sure what value proposition this dev's games really has aside from the card system. Maybe he's good at writing? But that's not something I could tell from his previous games lmao.

NotSweeper

Educated
>OH MY SCIENCE THE AI PORTRAITS LOOK GOOD
>LOOK AT THE TITS
>I MUST CONSOOM
Nietzsche is looking down on all of you with great pride.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
AI:

ss_368a0a52b2f97e4fdf058ca8d78ed52ffa6a04e3.1920x1080.jpg

"People" :

ss_391a1c5adf618fbcd1bec89e25e0ac54bb4d915f.1920x1080.jpg

f0c6127ecef88731e501c7ebb0691e12ca94_1232xr706_Q100.jpg

5056208804709_l.jpg

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
If that's AI it's been clearly retouched by an artist. I'm honestly surprised how many artists are on the "AI stole our jerbs train!" instead of "AI is a useful tool that will allow us to do more."

It's like when some artists thought Illustrator and Photoshop were the devil.

OttoQuitmarck

Educated
If that's AI it's been clearly retouched by an artist. I'm honestly surprised how many artists are on the "AI stole our jerbs train!" instead of "AI is a useful tool that will allow us to do more."

Most "artists" who complain seem to be people who either are bad enough at art that an AI can easily replace them or just are jumping on the bandwagon.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron

ai stole my work! <- better slogan as it implies both job and produced assets

Katerina

Novice
Boobs, AI Art and Nietzsche! Now, this is a worthy conversation about a text-based CYOA. *Grabs popcorn*

NotSweeper Nietzsche’s most striking contribution to ethics was his denial of morality. And since some of us had to memorize his ideas for our thesis. We should probably get back to boobs?

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The previous game was great, but its lack of support for devices like the Steam Deck were really too bad.
The text is just way too small for the small screens.
It would need a UI overhaul for that.

I'm fine with the removal of the card mechanics, I don't mind one way or another.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom