Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Epoch Star warps to v0.43.01

Fez

Erudite
Those textures make my eyes bleed. Ambitious project though.

Battleline

Novice
Hey, thanks for the feedback... I'll try to answer a few of your questions.

Balor said:
1. Where can I see prices on ships? And their size?

I think I called the field Credits, or something like that. It should be on the right side of the screen in the "Upgrade Ship" screen. Actually, I'll have to take a look when I get home. I can't run my game where I'm at right now, so I'll post an update later tonight.

Balor said:
2. Why running into some colored clouds (are they zones of ratdiation or something?) drain my shield/armor first, and in other - instantly get my structure to nearly zero (doesn't kill me, but repair costs are nasty).

In the game I have created several ailments that can effect the ship in different ways. The clouds are supposed to be nebulas (I'll need to work on the graphics a bit) and the plan was to have several different types of nebulas, each that afflicts the ship with a different ailment. Right now, the Ailments are rather confusing, because I don't do anything to tell the player what ailment he's been affected by. The ailment you've been afflicted with is called "Vulnerable". I need to do some tweaking because it causes too much damage, and I also need to make some changes so that it is apparent to the player what is happening. Right now, someone who this has not been explained to just gets really confused by it.

Balor said:
3. What all those skills actually do? (Are they working yet?)

1. Tactical - increases the damage done by all ship weapons
2. Engineering - Increases the rate at which your ship structure repairs itself
3. Communication - Allows you to purchase items at a cheaper price, and sell them at a higher price.
4. Navigation - increases the Max Velocity and Acceleration of your ship.
5. Science - Increases your shield rechage rate, and battery recharge rate.

Also, certain weapons and devices require certain levels of crew proficiency in these skills.

Balor said:
4. What is the meaning of numbers that show when you buy a new ship? (They are similar to skills.. but don't tell me that's minimum skill requirements!

I'll have to look at these because I forget what all is there, but I remember some are the ship size, the ship level (a higher ship level allows you to equip better devices), and price. I'll repost later after I have looked at it.

Balor said:
5. When you'll fix those nasty crashes? :) And about collisions - just lessen 'rebound' effect. Right now, it's like playing pinball with your ship... which is fun, but leads to death pretty fast.

I actually like this too. Especially to do to enemies. It also makes some of the systems that have a lot of obsticles more challengine to navigate. However, I fear I will have to remove it as most people do not seem to like it. I may try lowering the effect first to see if I get less complaints, but in the long run the game may be better served without it.

Thanks again, I find these questions and the feedback you've provided very helpful.

Battleline

Novice
Fez said:
Those textures make my eyes bleed. Ambitious project though.

Yes, I have a lot of work to do on the textures. Mostly programmer art right now.

Balor

Arcane
Ha-ha! I think you have messed the stats in the "Upgrade Ship" menu. I finally figured out what they mean (Cost, Size, Level, Cargo capacity... not in this order, but something like this).
Now they are shown as player skills :D. Talking about 'confusnig'.

Battleline

Novice
Balor said:
Ha-ha! I think you have messed the stats in the "Upgrade Ship" menu. I finally figured out what they mean (Cost, Size, Level, Cargo capacity... not in this order, but something like this).
Now they are shown as player skills :D. Talking about 'confusnig'.

Doh! I'll have to fix that... along with dozens of other things.

avrae

Novice
Thanks and Feedback

This game has awesome potential! Despite crashing every 30 minutes or so i cant stop playing! I cant figure out the cause of the crashing - seems completely random. For instance it may crash when im selling/buying things when docked; or half way through an introduction to a mission; or flying around / fighting.
Even though that somehow hasnt stopped me from playing - this has:
I cant re equip any sheilds, armour or engines after I take them off (yes i have met all the requirements to equip them). And now I cant equip anything unless I buy it. This has made it incredibly hard to do anything as I keep dying.
Anyway, thanks for the game - lots of fun! I appreciate the hard work put into it, and if my eyes bled it was only cuz i played for too long :)
Dan V

edit: found out why i couldt equip stuff - bug in game prevent you from equiping anything if you have 9 weapons equiped

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom