Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Epic's new free Unreal Tournament (development halted)

hajro

Arbiter
aww shit thats outdated i think Sarma365 is my end for steamcommunity profile :russiastronk:

thesoup

Arcane
This thread being on page 2 is unacceptable.
In other news I signed up for a tourney at ESL tomorrow. I will most certainly get stomped unless I luck out and get someone as bad as me in the first round.
Hopefully no one will stream when I play.

Perhaps as someone much worse than you I can join tomorrow. If I'm not too hungover for that. Yeah probably not.

thesoup

Arcane
I lost the first match, barely. Should have won but I derped up.
Second match I held ok for the first five minutes and then I got roflstomped in the next five.

Oh well. Gonna do better in the next one in two weeks hopefully. :M

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Could someone give a quick update about what is the state of this game? UT99 is my favourite competitive FPS of all time, and this looks like something similar. I know that this is basicly an early access, but is it finished enough to be enjoyable? Or is it full of bugs, unoptimised and get constantly changed each week?

It's perfectly enjoyable in this state and I generally stay the fuck away from anything that is "early access" or "beta". What's unfinished is a lot of maps, they are in "shell" state. The layouts are there and they are playable and fun but texturing in them remains to be finished. Only 5-6 maps now that are fully visually complete. Other than that game is a lot of fun even in this state. Runs well on my gtx760 on High preset and FXAA+TAA at 1680x1050. Meaning almost constant 60 fps with rare small drops, and those mostly happen in one map that has lots of foliage. So I think it's optimized just fine. But it seems from exploring advanced graphics menu that some of the options aren't even active at this point so that may change as game develops.

Last edited:

thesoup

Arcane
Some particular maps are badly optimized, though. None of the popular ones, thankfully enough.
Personally I play on lowest settings and 125 fps because I find everything under 100 fps to be too choppy for comfort. I have no idea why this is, UE is just weird online like that I guess, same was true for ut2k4.

thesoup

Arcane
Here's some cool stuff. This guy has a bunch of videos on how the game works, how to aim, dodge, use various weapons, move around the map, etc.
https://www.youtube.com/user/zaccubus/playlists
Recommended for everyone new to arena shooters.

In other news, there's another 1on1 cup tomorrow and I signed up. :M

thesoup

Arcane
Ok time for a more srs post.
My shameless plug for a thread for ut4 that I made in prosperland, has videos of me playing:
http://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/the-git-gud-unreal-tournament-4-blog-thread.111049/

UT4 has some halloween themes

Yes, that is a halloween themed Facing Worlds

Here's a video so you see how the current build looks like:

And here's some eye candy, with tons of great frags:

And, finally, here's me failing in the most ridiculous manner:

The thumbnail is really, truly fitting.

Bonus video, someone failing to cap a flag (not me) in the most graceful manner, similar to my failed beltgrab:

Gerrard

Arcane
I watched some tutorial videos as I was curious about the new mechanics, and I have to ask: why are the character animations so bad? Is this how you show off your new engine?

thesoup

Arcane
They look fine to me, but more importantly, the game is still in pre-alpha stage of development.

hajro

Arbiter
Yeah, the team is small but dedicated. if you compare the new shit they added over 12 months id guess this game is going into beta in 16-20 months.

iZerw

Arcane
Vatnik
Fuck... Something is very wrong with movement, it's slow and unresponsive. I had high hopes but no, it looks like they are developing the game for consoles. It does't feels like a pc game. Oh and look at this shit:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom