Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Empyrion: Galactic Survival

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Sweet. New gaming laptop is coming tomorrow. Time to lose another 100 hours to it. Also, it seems like it's improved a lot since I last played it (when new graphical changes in Alpha 8 made it unplayable on my current gaming rig).

Morkar Left

Sweet. New gaming laptop is coming tomorrow. Time to lose another 100 hours to it. Also, it seems like it's improved a lot since I last played it (when new graphical changes in Alpha 8 made it unplayable on my current gaming rig).

You will be in for a surprise then. There are A LOT of changes. Treat it like a new game. Your old gaming habits from the game won't really work anymore.

Morkar Left

I've had this for a while, did they ever add ship shields? And did they ever turn the crummy XP system into something more than a recipe unlock list?

They have shields now. The XP system is still a recipe unlock unfortunately. But it's some month I closely followed it.
The thing is the game was barebones but quite playable right from the start. A bit like Mount & Blade in this regard. But all the time is was more on survival on a planet/solar system and now you have basically a whole galaxy.
I just hope the ai isn't as braindead anymore.

With the dialogue/quest system technically implemented the possibilities are great.

udm

Arcane
Patron
One of the best things to do back in Alpha 7 was raids. Raiding enemy bases, despite braindead AI back then, was a lot of fun. So many ways to overcome obstacles and due to how destructive some of the weapons were, it could really mess up your escape routes.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Just played it during my off day. Didn't get much time to play it, but the starting equipment is definitely more sensible. Can't wait to continue playing this weekend.

udm

Arcane
Patron
50 hours later, I'm now officially burned out by it, especially after accidentally blowing up the second teleporter in the Human Remains mission with an explosive pack, and then needing to backtrack the entire bloody ship without a fucking bullet left in my arsenal — without looting so much as a T2 item. Goddamn alien teeth and alien parts :argh:

I'll wait till Eleon expands the tech tree. Given that I've already visited other planets since A7, it feels like I've already seen everything there is to see. I like the new features so far, but gameplay-wise it's grown stale for me. It's still a worthwhile purchase though considering I've clocked in 184 hours and only spent $10.

udm

Arcane
Patron
I don't think the game's even near ready for 1.0, and besides I'm really burned out on it. I have clocked about 180 hours and I don't think I'll be playing more until they actually add more content and proper collision physics. I can't even be bothered to explore other systems because I know it'll just be more of the same.

I don't regret the $10 I spent on it though.

do people really like and acclaim this crap? it feels like no man's sky duller cousin with a serious info issue: basic crafting, alright, more crafting, perfect, time to build a large crafter. how? nobody knows. never mind, fiddling with the menus i found i can build a bike. i actually did! i spawn it... and now? it won't move. is it a matter of lack of fuel? who knows.
i'm getting tired of repeating that the more complex a game is the more info and easy access to them it needs. it pretty much peaked with wizardry 8, then we've been regressing to c64 kind of obscurantism.

so you're saying the game lacks in-game informations. as i told. thank you.

Well, no, you didn’t actually, but yeah, it is noticeably missing nonetheless. Same with Battle Bros. Shit you not, this sort of laziness apparently has a name - “usability engineering”.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom