Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Empyre: Lords of the Sea Gates - steampunk RPG set in flooded New York

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Well, I certainly hope the second game works out for them. I still have this wishlisted waiting for a sale.

I think what galneon is trying to say is that he gets that part. That we simply can't fall into the sales/discount cycle or we'll only end up with a few Wishlist people. That we have to do more than that and it takes time.

Wonder what Vault Dweller would have to say about this.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
So basically nobody played this game, they are ok financially and working on another game. Pretty bizarre tbh. Feels like money laundering.

vazha

Arcane
So is this truly as unsalvageable (pun intended) as these three pages would lead one to believe? anybody's tried it recently? thoughts?

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
So is this truly as unsalvageable (pun intended) as these three pages would lead one to believe? anybody's tried it recently? thoughts?

Steam reviews aren't usually trustworthy, but this should tell you everything: 66% of 12 user reviews for this game are positive.

50 people worked on this game. Man, I hope they made some kind of money somehow, cause they evidently did not from Steam.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
From what I understand they don't want to discount the game excessively as part of a long term plan. The most it was discounted was apparently to 19€ from the usual 28€, and that was years ago. Plenty of RPG choices these days.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
From what I understand they don't want to discount the game excessively as part of a long term plan. The most it was discounted was apparently to 19€ from the usual 28€, and that was years ago. Plenty of RPG choices these days.

The way that steam works, sales give your game a massive boost in visibility, especially the seasonal sales. Very few devs avoid sales (only one I can think of is Rimworld's dev).

Saduj

Arcane

That really only makes sense if they have some reasonable expectation that the game will generate some buzz at some future point. That would be unlikely to happen even if they were actively improving the game, which they aren't. Their choice but doesn't seem like much of a plan.

They must not have any idea of how many people played Alpha Protocol only because it was $1.99 on Steam. I am one such person. Their costs are sunk, so they must think there is only upside. That would be true if they weren't making anymore games. If another is in the works, they need as many.people to play this as possible.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom