Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Elminage Gothic (former Japan only dungeon crawler)

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
got back into Ibag's Tower! i'm halfway thru clearing floor 9f. decided to shelve all other games except this and Generation XTH: Code HAzard.

those mini-dragons are awesome EXP-bags.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THIS GAME

TENTH FLOOR x_x

i don't know if i can finish this tower. this is fucking ridiculous.

Courtier

Prophet
I've been stuck on the 19th floor for quite a while. I've been to parts of 20F, where the music suddenly goes quiet and turns into eerie distorted samples, but the ''main'' entrance is blocked off until the party is ''tested'', which I assume means completing all the events scattered around the tower. I must've missed one. Better map the floors thoroughly.

yPo6VL5.png

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
it's quite amazing that there isn't even a single website with maps of ibag tower's later floors. i wonder just how many people have actually accomplished this.

i'm currently mapping out the eleventh floor / grinding the mini dragons in the ninth floor. want to get everybody to levels 140 or so (highest guy is level 141, lowest is my ninja at level 92). i've found a force-field ! event in almost every floor but it always pushes me back; don't know what to do there. basically just been concentrating on finding the stairs as quickly as possible.

gotta go back and map floors 6, 7 and 8 then cos i (luckily?) found the quickest routes to the stairs in those floors on the first try. Man floor 6th is gonna be a BITCH.

H-K

Learned
it's quite amazing that there isn't even a single website with maps of ibag tower's later floors. i wonder just how many people have actually accomplished this.

i'm currently mapping out the eleventh floor / grinding the mini dragons in the ninth floor. want to get everybody to levels 140 or so (highest guy is level 141, lowest is my ninja at level 92). i've found a force-field ! event in almost every floor but it always pushes me back; don't know what to do there. basically just been concentrating on finding the stairs as quickly as possible.

gotta go back and map floors 6, 7 and 8 then cos i (luckily?) found the quickest routes to the stairs in those floors on the first try. Man floor 6th is gonna be a BITCH.

I never got that for so I'm not sure if these are complete but it looks like it.

Maps for Ibag Tower/イヴァグ尖塔

Courtier

Prophet
Thanks H-K. After comparing the maps you linked to my own, I made a little discovery. On 18F, there is a trap chute in every cardinal direction: Three of them send you tumbling all the way back to 1F. Major pain, because you'll have to go all the way through 15-18F again. Having fallen down one of them, I wasn't about to try the others. But one of them (north) actually sends you to a hidden area, with an event that gets you a really powerful weapon...that I can't use, because I don't have a valkyrie. The pain is real.

Most of the exclamation marks on the maps are seals of god, which push the party back if you examine them. They're part of a quest involving a giant creature of some kind sealed away in one of the higher floors, and we'll have to go back to break them. There's nothing about all this posted anywhere except on the Jap wiki and BBS. The English wiki has information on every quest, except the ones in Ibag Tower. I suppose the editors were nancy boys that didn't make it.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
if you really want a valkyrie it is very easy to hex-edit the save game files.

i taught myself how to do it just from reading the offsets guide in the english elminage wiki inside the mods section.

i've hex-edited my save files previously in order to change things like one of my characters gender (when i first started i made my entire party third-gender and then halfway thru the game started getting male/female weapons/gear that can't be equipped by third-gendered characters). i had made that decision because i foolishly thought that third-gendered chars could equip both male and female gear. lewl.

i also hex-edited my ibag tower saves in order to change my EX Skills. i changed two of my guys from "tackle" to "swallow killer".

changing class/race/etc is incredibly easy and fast. just mentioning it in case you want to do it. to make the change as smoothly as possible i'd recommend changing the class to valkyrie on a character that already has priest spells and already has martial class to-hit modifiers so that you don't suddenly have a level 200 valkyrie with the to-hit modifier of a level 200 alchemist. THAT is next to impossible to change via hex-editing because those values (attribute values) are in little endian.

Courtier

Prophet
Back, demon! Don't try to tempt me with your cheating contraptions. I haven't edited a single thing in my game folder, and I swear on every coin slot-eyed squinting rice eating Miyagi that's got a diamond hardon for Wizardry I'm going to beat this thing as is.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT JAPANESE WIKI HAS AWESOME TIP ON FARMING THIRD FLOOR +2 ORE

you know the +2 ore you can get only by breaking an Aura Punch on ibag tower's 3rd floor? each aura punch is 1 million gold pieces so you can basically say each attempt at mining that spot costs 1 million gold; plus you have to go back to CotA to buy another Aura Punch.

jap wiki mentions that if you equip the Aura Punch on your ninja then have your ninja use the ninja ex skill Replicate and then DE-EQUIP your real ninja the game will use the ninja-replica's Aura Punch to mine the +2 ore and it will never break.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this was fixed in 3ds version though, according to the wiki.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
"Swallow flashing / continuous hammer possession comes out as a mountain. It is not enough any number HP is you're decent to clutch the attack.
Since the enemy often use瘴怪wave, Tsugi-sen capacity increases dramatically when there are ring retention of the character of the benevolence of your hand + recovery. (There if the corresponding in breastplate multiple possession of vows)
for a Tio maintenance impossible, of annihilation party rescue is quite difficult. Slippers prepared to not forget the bone.
Ream hammer + large number of state abnormal retention of skills Vie ring, hidden beheading is scary chieftain from, such as range infinite + of high attack power Porite, under - the pesky opponent of middle, haste (+ killing swallows) reliably.
Since AC is suppressed to if any of most of the underlying monster attack extent -35, avant-garde (excluding dark) spell and attribute is better to incorporate AC decline even to some extent at the expense of the resistance.
Enemy and that irrepressible attacks even AC-50 from the middle, because the range infinite retention comes to many occurrences, and AC reduced retention vocational character is there even one person as a guard officers and convenient.
Well like seen Belial + Porite + Phoenix + α combinations in 10-15F floor, safe is better you fled out LV is low. (Upper layer (16F- Dragon 1-2 body to deal in the direction of the pattern is defintely easy of))
if Lien Chan is tight, there is also a hand to ward off a fixed enemy in the bell of the pigeon. "

i find the google translation of the japanese wiki oddly hypnotizing to read. it's like trying to decipher actual moon runes. slippers prepared to not forget the bone INDEED.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
ganbareeee

EDIT: i apologize i just finished watching the trailer for stranger in sword city and the island dwarf wa took over.

Courtier

Prophet
I did it, lads. And I recorded it.

Let it be told that I, a mere newfriend, have completed this ass shattering 200 hour odyssey of a crawler this day, and have thereby surpassed all ye olde Codex fags that have been here for ten years yet still suck popamole eggs.

Now I can enter the legendary halls of the chosen few who did not succumb to their base casual urges and instead embraced the pain.

Senpai will finally notice me

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
so i decided i really wanted an 8-charm slinging shaman so i spent a couple of hours grinding up one from scratch using the endless XP inside ibag's tower.

so far it's actually been somewhat disappointing. for starters i didn't know that all the shaman charms had arbitrary caveats in regards to which monster types they're effective against same way as the Aura Punch. that is/was the biggest disappointment.

the fantasies i was having of 20 % behead chance on each of the 8 charms were quickly dashed when i realized that unless you spend a ton of time grinding for ore you will never be able to have all of the shaman's charms enchanted to deal damage to enemy types outside of their scope AND also packing a disable or even just extra damage.

i also thought the shaman's barrier reflect skill was awesome-sauce because i had assumed it was just like when the enemies do it to us, the players, but nope: it only reflects/mitigates the most basic elemental-type direct-damage spells. you're still a giant bullseye for enemy charms, instant-death spells and good ole "ENEMY SINGS A LULLABY THAT BYPASSES SLEEP DEFENSE. COMMENCE PARTY WIPE". that one is always tons of fun.

so basically i don't know what the fuck to make of the shaman. he's not good enough at either of his two selling points: 8-charm DPS'ing/disabling and/or erecting a fucking magical barrier.

he doesn't have innate spells and he doesn't have martial to-hit bonus progression; his gear selection makes babies cry it's even worse than a ninja's except he doesn't get innate low AC.

you CAN make a legit murder-machine shaman but it depends pretty much entirely on you having 6-8 ores of 40-50 AP points' worth for his weapons. i'm so disappointed with the shaman i'm trying out a modification of the class i made for my own amusement i hex edited the save files and edited the .cvs data files from the game (super easy, they're freaking excel sheets) and i gave shaman class Low AC, Tarot Reading and Physical Power Up+ (the one the fighter gets) because he has alchemist/mage to-hit progression. i replaced barrier with tarot reading and replaced his musical instrument usage with low AC skill then replaced his mastery skill with the physical power up and gave him ancient rites by default so he doesn't have to wait until high mastery to equip all 8 charms.

even with all that the fucker still sucks. but at least i'm having fun with him heh. obviously i'm not gonna use him to actually finish the game; he's in a pocket-dimension. now the only other class i've yet to try out is brawler.

(i experimented giving him pursuit attack + pursuit sweep because it sounds fucking awesome and yeah, it IS. it's TOO awesome. that was too cheesey even for me)

Courtier

Prophet
Whether your shaman can do their 8 attacks really depends on how many Divine Charms you've found and sold to the shop. I had two, and accidentally broke one (tested effect for minor stat increase then saved). Think they drop in B4F-B6F of the Ancient Cave.

4ueXOhs.png

All the other charms are worthless.

Their main weapons include very powerful gear such as:

QpDrfPi.png

YOQFn8X.png

HWftolg.png

dXRLAFZ.png
Their armor selection is pretty much nonexistent, so they are best in the backrow.

I can confirm barrier works against:
-All elements
-Misama/Ramisama (sleep)
-Rood/Rarood (paralyze)
-Zefeifus/Razefeis (death spell)
-Stoma/Rastoma (petrify)
-Karacha/Makaracha (confuse)
-Pinto/Rapinto (charm).
-Enterook Mista
Sometimes the barrier breaks - I'm not sure how the mechanics involved work.

Barrier does not work against Zeo Nadar (L9 Alch, damage increases per spell cast during encounter) and Immolarati. It also does nothing against debuffs (Laskorekh, Rapidos, Robuti/Hallobuti). All unique skills and breath are unaffected by the barrier.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
well my shaman's barrier has never been able to mitigate any of the enemy priest's Rizefus instant-death spells. not a single time. i'm betting it's probably tied to the shaman's level in some way, and there is perhaps a difficulty-check die roll of sorts that happens between the enemy and the shaman when the enemy casts their spell. but, like i said, can only speak from personal experience and it's never stopped a spell from disabling me.

what you say about the shaman gear is true but also not particularly... RELEVANT to the shaman class. right now in my ibag tower playthrough (the real one, without anything edited) my samurai is using the flame heresy bow. that spear you posted was also very useful in the hands of my valkyrie before she got her hands on gungnir and godslayer. what i'm trying to point out is that shaman's don't really have any gear all their own EXCEPT for their charms.

they DO get physical attack up on level mastery; i was mistaken on that point, so that's something. but they don't have Low AC innately nor can they be kitted out properly for front-line hack and slash, so they end up in a very weird position in terms of party composition. it's a very weird class that doesn't seem completely thought out. they get dispel and holy strike (the valkyrie ability that makes their physical attacks hurt ghosts) and a special ex skill that can randomly change the amount of gold/xp you get after the fight. their barrier is of dubious use to me, or at least until i've learned its hidden wonders (or leveled him up enough so that it becomes good, i guess), and their main selling point of 8-weapon dps/disabling is reliant entirely on rare drops and rare Ores.

er, i dno't really know why i'm complaining so much to be honest i mean all the classes in elminage are useful; i guess i'm just disappointed. by the by, in the 3ds version their mid-game charms can be equipped on any gear slot without needing Ancient Rites mastery. i'm guessing they did that because they realized how mixed the shaman's power curve is.

edit: by the way speaking of flame heresy MY GOD ARE THERE AWESOME BOWS IN THE POST GAME. there is one bow that's better than flame heresy i forget the name: it does 11-100 and has 6 accuracy and 2 attacks and IS NOT CURSED. it's an ibag tower drop. it's only usable by hunter tho :( :(

Courtier

Prophet
It's a situational class for sure. To make a strong shaman for the postgame, I'd cycle them through mage/cleric/alch first, give them swallow killer and 6 Divine Charms with a mix of ailments smithed on them alongside a bow or spear. They could take the place of a mage/thief with much more damage and utility.

Speaking of thieves, I managed to contract a Stargazer a while ago. She's better at disarming traps than my level 381 thief...
The main reason I kept him all throughout the game was for unlocking chests with a low failrate, but it turns out you might as well get a summon or alchemist for that. The other draw was the unique postgame gear to steal. Well I finally tried that on the Ibag Floor Master, and failed dozens and dozens of attempts of even disarming it, much less stealing anything. Which in hindsight is not surprising, because it has a completely absurd level of 1249. One thousand two hundred forty fucking nine.

So basically: thieves are not necessary past midgame, and are incapable of even getting you the few goodies left in this version unless you are insane and grind for over a thousand levels.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
i was using high portal for chests ever since i first got party wiped less than 15 hours in when everyone got paralyzed just from my thief EXAMINING the chest.

screw that noise; my elminage parties' back row all do a tour of duty first for 13 lvls of alchemist before switching each one to mage/bishop/cleric/etc. not only for the multiple high portals / protectorates (makes class changing easier mid-game) but also because alchemy spells are exponentially better when cast simultaenously by different characters. one person doing speed up, the other orath, and the other either a second orath or a cleric-spell hollabuken to lower AC. pretty standard first round. hell just two days ago i was showing off my ibag tower party to my brother in law and we got to witness first hand my ninja bungle an examination and me getting whole party petrified heh.

as for the shaman yeah you got it 100% right best way to use the shaman is to put a godly weapon first in his hands, and then compliment that damage output with his additional 5-6 attacks from the charms. a shaman with flame heresey and 6 divine charms all smithed with 30-40 percent Sleep/Silence, which are probably the easiest disables to land late-game and arguably the most powerful disables you CAN land on post-game enemies.

i don't think there's a non-Valk exclusive spear that comes close to the flame heresy bow for a shaman weapon, tho. would need to check the jap wiki. btw, equipping belts/accesories that grant 1.5x damage / 2x damage versus enemy types such as the tiger belt or the high king's belt does NOT affect the shaman's charms: tested and verified. it does affect any "normal" weapon he may be using in his hands tho.

Courtier

Prophet

With this, all the greater powers are dead or banished. Two decades have passed in-game since the start of the adventure. I hadn't even thought anything of time passing as you play, but the weeks every trip takes and all those inn stays add up. That child you can rescue and take in early in the game, the five year old? Well, he's in his mid twenties now.

While my main party has been running around damp holes without bathing for months, snatching kisses of the goddess like coke in order to remain youthful in between monster gangbangs, the rest of the fellowship presumably got dayjobs as medieval salarymen and started a happy family with yon moe tavern wench.

Sixteen dungeons were conquered. Cyclanos is buried. The resurrection of the old gods prevented. The adventurers won the Staff of Transformation and the Hero's Book of Secrets. They climbed God's tower and beat the shit out of him. Then they beat the shit out of this other god that was hanging around. I mean why not, right? And yes, I climbed the tower all over again, released every seal and killed the giant too (he was a bit disappointing).

Now the party fights cosmic powers on a daily basis, casts Wish to find their slippers and has AC lower and levels higher than a D&D adventurer's wettest dream. They've basically become gods themselves at this point. As this story draws to a close, I imagine they'll part ways and each watch over the world, or seek out the other entities the god warned them about.

lZKOgix.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom