Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
fedora.png

wa0bw7R.png

Doktor Best

Arcane
If not Gothic 3, what about Risen 2 or 3? I have a hankering for more PB that I haven't played before.
Risen 2 has god awful combat but some of the quests are alright, the world is pretty, there's some funny dialogue, very good music and a likable main character. Just wait until you unlock the shotgun (actually a musket, it's a translation error) and spam dodge rolls to avoid hits. It's really not a super h4rd c00r RPG for real 1337 gaymers but it was pretty enjoyable for me.
Risen 3 has pretty okay melee combat and you can still spam dodgerolls to avoid hits. It wasn't as memorable as Risen 2 and I felt that was too fantasy with all the magic shit instead of the pirate theme. The main character is shit and sounds like he has down syndrome. There aren't that many good quests and I just plain hate how the game looks. It's like PB decided that fuck color and sunshine and that everything needs to be fucking gray with constant rainfall, the only colorful place is one of the islands but everything else is pretty shit. The storyline is kinda boring and the ending is pretty obviously unfinished, but the world does have that sense of despair and that we're all fucked.

They implented an ultra difficulty in Risen3 that disables invincibility during dodgeroll and adds a cooldown on potions. I agree though that Risen 2 is the better game. I actually liked it quite much despite numerous design flaws after it opened up to me. Im a sucker for pirate themes.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
They implented an ultra difficulty in Risen3 that disables invincibility during dodgeroll and adds a cooldown on potions. I agree though that Risen 2 is the better game. I actually liked it quite much despite numerous design flaws after it opened up to me. Im a sucker for pirate themes.
I'm glad I found another person who liked Risen 2, everyone else has called me retarded when I said I liked it. It really was a joy to walk through the world and talk to the characters, it didn't take itself too seriously and that was great.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Spoke to Bertram and accused him of being a cleric as per Angrim's quest, and he says he wants help. I was thinking of going that route but decided traitors deserve death and kill him at night with no witnesses (though someone sees anyway, apparently). This didn't remove Bertram's request to arrange his escape.

So I go to Angrim, turn him in, and he rewards me. Then I go and get scolded by Ragnar and pay 50 elexit for the murder (lol, seriously?) and then talk to Rijka and... she arranges for transportation... of... his corpse?. Oh well, double payout.

Also what's curious that
description of quest tells that "someone can kill Bertram if knows he is Cleric" so I asked Angrim, Calgrim, Hakon, and rest with names in Goliet but no luck. Maybe Berserks out of Goliet required for this?

ortucis

Prophet
can you upgrade the base you sent your folowers?

You can add a trader, a workbench and change your own room furniture.

That's all I got, and it's shit. You can't upgrade defenses or improve architecture of the base itself. It's funny cause nearing chapter 2, you will trigger events which will cause enemies to just waltz in and attack your base. Whole fucking base is retardedly open for anyone to just walk in and shoot anyone. There is no point for any upgrade option to exist, other that to waste player money (but now at lvl 30, I have so much money that I don't care and upgraded everything).

Don't bother upgrading base until you've reached level 30. I have the best weapons and all the skills I need to crush anything now, that's why I can afford to waste money on base.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
How do you enter the converter in Abessa? The door is closed and Jax can't do anything but mutter "Needs a key."

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
well i didnt want to spent atribute points to strenght/constitution,i hoarded them for dex/int for my lazer needs,thats why i rushed to ignaton.
too bad i cant kill anyhting with the lazer rifle.:negative:

should i also go to the fort after the bezerkers for ultimum xp?

The two best energy weapons in the game require very high strength (above 80). You’ll get them late but investing those points is not a waste. Also, no reason you can’t use a bow in the early game—it benefits from the same ranged combat skill as guns do.

And yes, do the other faction quests for the Berserkers and Outlaws before you sign up with the Clerics. Lots of EXP you don’t want to pass up.
You can still do quests for the other factions even if you joined up with a faction. I am able to do outlaw missions after joining the Clerics.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
To be honest, I think you should use the companions. If you think they're too strong, play on Ultra. I think it's a good compromise. They put SO much work into companion dialogue it'd be a shame to miss all the cool quest comments that sometimes even change the outcomes.

Besides, companions become pretty useless during level 10-30. After that, though, they become pretty good again,a t least for me. Nasty & Caja, after you do all their quests, are quite the beasts. I am not sure the quests make them any stronger.

Anyway, you won't get a companion for the final battle anyway.

Oh, and if you really feel like it's cheating?
Pick Ray! He was bugged for me and NEVER fought for me. He just watched as things hit me. What a dick.

Last edited:

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Spoke to Bertram and accused him of being a cleric as per Angrim's quest, and he says he wants help. I was thinking of going that route but decided traitors deserve death and kill him at night with no witnesses (though someone sees anyway, apparently). This didn't remove Bertram's request to arrange his escape.

So I go to Angrim, turn him in, and he rewards me. Then I go and get scolded by Ragnar and pay 50 elexit for the murder (lol, seriously?) and then talk to Rijka and... she arranges for transportation... of... his corpse?. Oh well, double payout.

Also what's curious that
description of quest tells that "someone can kill Bertram if knows he is Cleric" so I asked Angrim, Calgrim, Hakon, and rest with names in Goliet but no luck. Maybe Berserks out of Goliet required for this?

Regarding Bertram:
I think Angrim needs to assign you the quest to find a spy before you can kill him with impunity. That or it’s bugged for you because I killed him with no problems.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Dammit.
I was loving my Fire Ripblade II before I happened to find out that one of the combo attacks does not connect, ever. I think it's the 4th light attack, and this might just apply to all 2 handed axes, not just the Ripblade. Also, Jax is a retard and holds his left hand on the weapon on the pommel, which only mildly triggers me.

ShadowSpectre

Arbiter
Is anyone else having issues sending companions to Origin as the base of operations? I talk to the guy and recruit my team to the defense, but everyone just feels like sitting around their shitty camp. Bug? Need to hit a certain point in a quest? I've tried the usual, talking to them, warping back and forth between spots, etc.

warcrimes666

Educated
Patron
When I told them to go to Origin they just sat there at first and I thought bugged. I can't remember the exact sequence but I talked to them all a second time before leaving then warped around a bit then back to Origin and everone was there. Not that it does much at the end of the day but should pop up for you.

Excellent game.

imweasel

Is anyone else having issues sending companions to Origin as the base of operations?
Talk to Lloyd, Ekard, Jonesy as well Harley in Origin and do their quests. After you are finished your companions will be in Origin.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
High res textures are expensive, not much more to talk about them. Just live with it.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Also, just because Piranha Bytes cannot get enough of being incompetent, there's a 100 save limit in the game. If you create more than 100 saves, the game will simply stop saving.
It seems like a limit carried over from consoles and PB simply doesn't care (or cannot afford) to #IFDEF. Both Microsoft and Sony allow imited space for saves. If the game doesn't comply it does not pass the certification process. I think the limit is most severe on XBone - just some 250 MB iirc.

Seems like an easy fix.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1172504925

ELEX > Guides > Gary Dozer's Guides> How to fix the savegame bug

Prophet of Wrath
18 Oct @ 7:54pm
> This bug only happend if you have non-Latin letters in a path to save game location, usually User folder.

Thank you very much for explaining that. I just tested this, and without ANY changes - meaning I did nothing listted above (yep I'm a lazy, lazy man :) ) I was able to:

1. Quit the game
2. Reboot
3. Update Windows 10 to build 1709 ("Fall Creator's Update" with the new "Fluent Design" pretty-prettyness)
4. Reboot. Again.
5. Start the game and successfully load from my last save.

So, good news: this bug didn't affect -me-. But as Fenix-Venix said, if you've got "funky letters" in your username, etc., you might be affected here. Good find there, by the way, Mr. Dozer and Fenix-Venix!

Gary Dozer
[author] 18 Oct @ 8:42pm
You are right, Fenix-Venix

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I'm glad I found another person who liked Risen 2, everyone else has called me retarded when I said I liked it. It really was a joy to walk through the world and talk to the characters, it didn't take itself too seriously and that was great.

you are retarded

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
While I love Elex, they should learn from these guys how to make Arpg combat

Maybe for Elex 2? Basicaly the characters auto attacks without you touching anything (like it should be in rpg) and then you perform combos, much better Arpg combat then what is in Elex.

Jinn

Arcane
Ok, this might be a bit premature, but I've discovered Origin and I am finding it to be one of the better implementation of a "stronghold" in a game ever. Hopefully I'm not mistaken.

Though, I do still realize this isn't saying much.

EDIT: Also, what G.O.R.P.s edition do you guys play?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom