Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Gimble

Educated
From a functional standpoint, that particular animation provides iframes both in Elex and Gothic 2. Not so in Gothic 1 with default control scheme, unless you enable mouse functionality and hold down RMB while stepping back (works only with 1h weapons).

Last edited:

Murk

Arcane
So at the very far east, directly east of The Fort in Tavar, beyond the waterfall, the map shows a building/structure hanging out by its lonesome. As best as I can tell, you can't get there, as any attempts to jetpack up around the waterfall area results in radiation death (though you can get up there).

Does anyone know what that is and if it's accessible?

Most things on the map that have an actual structure are accessible and only the plain parts are off limits.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Probably cut stuff or random worldgen going wonky. Lots of inaccessible places that are nevertheless marked on the map in south Ignadon too.

Murk

Arcane
That one at least has the cover of "comet fell, shit got weird" around it. The waterfall one seemed like legit hidden alcove for people to go to, as the waterfall even has a nice stepwise cliff side for easy climbing.

Maybe they planned but cut it.

oh well =(

Modron

Arcane
So at the very far east, directly east of The Fort in Tavar, beyond the waterfall, the map shows a building/structure hanging out by its lonesome. As best as I can tell, you can't get there, as any attempts to jetpack up around the waterfall area results in radiation death (though you can get up there).

Does anyone know what that is and if it's accessible?

Most things on the map that have an actual structure are accessible and only the plain parts are off limits.
You can't reach that structure it's behind zones of environmental damage cliffs in the west and radioactive lake to the north.

There are some cheat tables for cheat engine that can disable environmental damage http://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5190, why don't you try that report back to us with screenshots if you don't run into invisible walls or something. Other interesting places to explore include the sw corner of land is a radioactive cave with loot both in front of it and inside it along with a stalker. The radioactive waterworks looking place north of the comet.

Murk

Arcane
I don't fucks with cheat engine mang, and yeah I know it's behind death-zones that's why I said the area results in radiation death.

da fook m8

Modron

Arcane
I don't fucks with cheat engine mang, and yeah I know it's behind death-zones that's why I said the area results in radiation death.

da fook m8
I am sorry I confirmed what you already knew, what is the point of asking a question if you're going to get all snippy when someone answers it?

Grimlorn

Arcane
Someone made a video of that area east of Fort. Even though there is a building on the map, there is nothing there.

Modron

Arcane
Someone made a video of that area east of Fort. Even though there is a building on the map, there is nothing there.
Figured as much before they said there would be no DLC that whole section of the map looked like it would be prime for an expansion area.

Zlaja

Arcane
I remember the footstep sounds being distinct in xardas's tower. Now of course Elex takes it to another level.

I remember the footstep sounds being distinct in xardas's tower. Now of course Elex takes it to another level.

Pretty sure even Xarda's tower footsteps did not sound like someone was rubbing sandpaper. But as long as it makes you smile.. Next somebody will say it reminds them of Thief.

Gimble

Educated

Pretty sure even Xarda's tower footsteps did not sound like someone was rubbing sandpaper. But as long as it makes you smile.. Next somebody will say it reminds them of Thief.

While the game is good as a whole, there are a number of annoyances like this, most of which have already been mentioned. Jetpack usage in/around water takes the cake for the most annoying sound effect. The blinding effect (mentioned before) when moving out of buildings is the most annoying visual effect.

Oh yeah that HDR effect.. I literally feel my eyes hurt when it happens. We can only hope there will eventually be mods to fix these annoyances.

Some people in PB must suffer from brain cancer, they need to identified and fired.

Elex

Arbiter
Oh yeah that HDR effect.. I literally feel my eyes hurt when it happens. We can only hope there will eventually be mods to fix these annoyances.

Some people in PB must suffer from brain cancer, they need to identified and fired.
they get distracted at work, they stop working ad stare at a wall thinking of gothic 2

Murk

Arcane

da fook m8
I am sorry I confirmed what you already knew, what is the point of asking a question if you're going to get all snippy when someone answers it?

Cuz I'm upset you won't return my phone calls, obviously.

(It wasn't supposed to be snippy, my B.)

Alright I think I'm lowering the combat difficulty to Normal. I've tried it on "Difficult" long enough but now I am finally able to equip a plasma rifle and still barely able to scratch enemies that don't even have a skull next to their health bar. HP bloat in this is some of the most retarded I've ever seen. I don't even want to imagine what kind of masochist you'd have to be to play this on Ultra.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Eh, melee combos bring enemies down rather quickly on Difficult. I even don't get to use the "Q" special attack very often.
Not with the starter equipment, obviously. But once I've found a tier I Dual Hammer enchanted with Energy I could comfortably compete and once I've found and got the stats for a Tier II Fire Warhammer I started ripping faces.
Can only imagine how fast the enemies drop with the Berserker melee damage buff.

In fact the transition from being owned by everything to owning everything is perhaps too early/rapid. The early enemies perhaps have too much armor, the bigger ones - probably not enough. There is very little middle-ground from my experience - when you run from/respect big game, while are already able to defeat the early enemies. And that should be the bulk of the game IMO.

Gimble

Educated
Alright I think I'm lowering the combat difficulty to Normal. I've tried it on "Difficult" long enough but now I am finally able to equip a plasma rifle and still barely able to scratch enemies that don't even have a skull next to their health bar. HP bloat in this is some of the most retarded I've ever seen. I don't even want to imagine what kind of masochist you'd have to be to play this on Ultra.

There isn't any HP bloat. In fact the HP levels of most enemies is pretty low. What you are seeing is that most enemies have armor that can barely be penetrated by unupgraded weapons, resulting in minimal damage. With one upgrade, you will be able to start hurting some enemies, depending on weapon. With two upgrades, the combat becomes a lot easier against most enemies.

Focus on weapon upgrades and not on finding 'great' weapons and that should take you through the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom