Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Lambach

Arcane
The sadistic cunt that designed the Chimeras deserves to get the piss slapped out of him. They hit like a fucking cargo train, they're super quick and they can absorb more punishment than a Troll. All of that for 160 XP a pop. :argh:

Anyhow, with some faction armor, decent melee weapon, the PSI amplifier and the upgraded Plasma rifle at level 19, I no longer feel completely like a bitch. Most things still make minced meat out of me unless I'm super careful, but at least I can fight back and kill stuff even with skulls above their heads If I don't make a positioning/rolling mistake.

not even Falk, the CLERIC COMPANION, has any business in either Ignadon or the Hort

he ain't a Cleric :M

Shadenuat

Arcane
I don't care if there's lava or a rifle. There is a giant falloutesque door at the end of a giant mutant infested military base. I demand my obligatory underground area or a dungeon full of chimera buttrape.

I'm not sure why they even put that door there.
I think there is only 1 door like that in the whole game. I want a no clip cheat. There is an unreachable cave in Eden after all, a small gray house in Tavar, a troll beyond living ignadon and so on.

Murk

Arcane
I don't care if there's lava or a rifle. There is a giant falloutesque door at the end of a giant mutant infested military base. I demand my obligatory underground area or a dungeon full of chimera buttrape.

I am genuinely upset at lack of dungeons or even deep caverns. There's only one I can recall off the top of my head (the reaver camp in the valley of the damned; part of the quest line). Otherwise we just have converters.

Even G3, with all its blandness, had relatively "deep" caverns/caves to go into (like dragon cave near Cape Dun or the Crawler infested cavern near one of the farms in Myrtana, I forget the name now).

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Everyday I become more and more of an alpha male.

Being depressed and blackpilled has actually helped my depression and made me happier. I have become manipulative, angry and aggressive. I started lifting and fighting more. I no longer care about death, so I do as I please. I cut in front of a cuck in line at McDonald's today. He said nothing. I ate a bigmac meal, and told his women that she was sexy and that he is a lucky man. I no longer give a fuck. In fact, last night some fat white bitch offered me sex after I bullied some man let bbc when I was drunk and I turned her down. This is what chad must feel like everyday. Getting validated by women, fighting and bullying inferior males, not giving a fuck about anything but his primal desires. I wish this could be me everyday of my life. I would love to live like this, fighting, eating, fucking and then dying by being beaten to death by some genetically superior male. This is life in god mode.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Oh yeah, which reminds me - not even Falk, the CLERIC COMPANION, has any business in either Ignadon or the Hort :troll:

Not true, my friendly neighborhood rat-man. Falk does indeed have business there although I can’t remember if it’s a quest:

Bring him with you and talk to the scientist who built the Big Bang. He’s in the back of the maintenance area.

Also I think you missed some
Ignadon quests—you just listed the ones from the Hort that take place outside the Hort. Off the top of my head, there’s the chimera quest, the one from weird monster lady, and I think the farmer vs Clerics one unless that’s Abessa. Also a number of quests from the claws take place in Ignadon, although I guess they’re inside the Hort. And the reservoir quest is right on the border.

I wish there had been more Ignadon content, too, but it does make sense that the region is lightly populated—it’s a hellish volcanic wasteland. who could live there outside of a fortress? Also makes sense that most clerics are in Abessa: it’s much nicer real estate and they’re at war so they need to defend the border. I thought the codex liked strong borders.

Lambach

Arcane
I wish there had been more Ignadon content, too, but it does make sense that the region is lightly populated—it’s a hellish volcanic wasteland.

In addition, from what I can tell, it also has the highest assrape-per-square mile ratio out of all the regions I've visited. Haven't been to Xacor yet so I can't comment on it.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I wish there had been more Ignadon content, too, but it does make sense that the region is lightly populated—it’s a hellish volcanic wasteland.

In addition, from what I can tell, it also has the highest assrape-per-square mile ratio out of all the regions I've visited. Haven't been to Xacor yet so I can't comment on it.

Yeah, I liked that the monsters in Ignadon got a lot harder. Levels 15-22ish in Ignadon were a nice challenge (although I had many levels worth of elex abuse at that point, too). Despite all the complaints about monster placement, they did a good job of making Ignadon much more forbidding than Tavar, which was more forbidding than Abessa, which was harder than Edan.

I think Xacor’s enemies are objectively stronger but by the time you go there you’ll likely be so overpowered that it doesn’t really matter.

Does anyone else resist finishing these big open world games? I really need to force myself to go through the finale even when I’ve already done all the other quests. Same thing happened to me in New Vegas—I put in like 100 more hours during the endgame before going to the dam battle.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Xacor is the War of Albs and Ice Turkeys. At that point monster ecology of the game becomes so retarded you just don't care anymore. Just buy more Fuel.

Roxor didn't say there were no quests in Ignadon, he said most were dumb fetch or kill quests, poorly tied to the overall game structure.

Grimlorn

Arcane
Everyday I become more and more of an alpha male.

Being depressed and blackpilled has actually helped my depression and made me happier. I have become manipulative, angry and aggressive. I started lifting and fighting more. I no longer care about death, so I do as I please. I cut in front of a cuck in line at McDonald's today. He said nothing. I ate a bigmac meal, and told his women that she was sexy and that he is a lucky man. I no longer give a fuck. In fact, last night some fat white bitch offered me sex after I bullied some man let bbc when I was drunk and I turned her down. This is what chad must feel like everyday. Getting validated by women, fighting and bullying inferior males, not giving a fuck about anything but his primal desires. I wish this could be me everyday of my life. I would love to live like this, fighting, eating, fucking and then dying by being beaten to death by some genetically superior male. This is life in god mode.
Keep up the good fight :salute:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Went to Berserker village, killed/stunned everyone.
Guard went 'HEY RAGNAR WANT TO TALK WITH YOU'
OK.
Went to Ragnar.
'HALT YOU CRIMINAL SCUM. PAY THE FINE OR FACE PUNISHMENT'

How much?
100 shards.

:lol:

Murk

Arcane
I killed one guy in plain sight and only had to pay 50 shards.

No clue why there's even a perk/talent for reducing fines.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
not even Falk, the CLERIC COMPANION, has any business in either Ignadon or the Hort
There is a reason for that.

All will be very clear in time, young one.

I know all about it. However, goy has cleric outfit and claims to be cleric = he's a cleric companion, end of diskus.

Also I think you missed some
Ignadon quests—you just listed the ones from the Hort that take place outside the Hort. Off the top of my head, there’s the chimera quest, the one from weird monster lady, and I think the farmer vs Clerics one unless that’s Abessa. Also a number of quests from the claws take place in Ignadon, although I guess they’re inside the Hort. And the reservoir quest is right on the border.

I wanted to list chimera quest first but reconsidered because lettuce be serious. Monster lady, reservoir/dam and farmer vs clerics are all east Abessa.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
OK.
Went to Ragnar.

How much?
100 shards.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Outstanding. I thought derp roots was one and only quest to end them all, yet troll leafs for troll are also quest-uniques. Rare plant indeed, I already had 28 of them. And again 8/8! What's with the number 8. Conspiracy.

Oh right, ones I have are Troll Leaf. And the ones I need are Troll's Leafs. Now it all makes sense.
(shoots himself in the fucking head)

It's interesting to play completely without elex potions of any kind. Whole game economy falls apart since there's basically nothing to spend money on, and experience becomes more important than ever. Another dumb note for +xp with a skill adding xp from reading becomes more important find than anything else. And you also get soft capped at particular strength level, at about close to 70-80 points in a single stat and 30-50 in secondary stats. Makes two-handed weapons more viable since they somewhat break that cap - flaming warrior's sword is almost as good as some higher level ones.

Berserker is the weakest faction in the game though. Spells are pathetic and just difficult to use, and scattershot is very awkward. You are barred from any stuns except Insect Plague too. Makes for a reasonable self-restricted larp playthrough though, as even normal/difficult becomes actually difficult as you are constantly kiting things around with your sword, humming hooory fooorces in your head.

Last edited:

hilfazer

Scholar
I just realized i can set rendering range in graphics options to Ultra making spotting Sorrels and Whisperers at night easier.

I've learned Chimera has high fire resist but low poison. I can kill it easily with tier 3 poison club. BTW special attack of 1h blunts is simply brilliant. From my observations poison resist is more common in west part of them map while fire in the east.

DOTs (i use uppercase 'O' in this acronym just like everyone is using uppercase 'P' in 'DPS') of same damage type but different sources do NOT stack. I've tested it with poisoned weapon and Berserkers' poison spell - more damage was done when i hit enemy after first poison has finished.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Outstanding. I thought derp roots was one and only quest to end them all, yet troll leafs for troll are also quest-uniques. Rare plant indeed, I already had 28 of them. And again 8/8! What's with the number 8. Conspiracy.

Oh right, ones I have are Troll Leaf. And the ones I need are Troll's Leafs. Now it all makes sense.
(shoots himself in the fucking head)

Is this the quest to heal mage womyn's pet troll?

If so then yeah lol that was my impression as well for dis :M Although at the very least in Germano these are called different iirc (seelenkraut vs seelenpflanze i think, but still... with these names being so similar, I almost feel like it's a bug/oversight)

Also, you actually need 7 of them for the quest while 8 grow in the world :M

Also2, an observation on gaem economy:

As you know, I've been playing this for almost 60 hours now, I lawnmow every place I see and don't buy pure elex from merches. I also have trophies at 2, so I don't get much of it from munsters (only cyclopses, IIRC). By this point I've lawnmowed the vast majority of the game - only have like 1/5 of Tavar left and Xacor.

So, I've just finished upgrading all my shit to mk III. I upgraded plasma and lazer guns to III some time ago, now I've upgraded regent sword to III + energy damage.

And it turns out my pure elex stockpile has run dry. Yup, upgrading the regent sword has zeroed my supply that I've gathered so meticulously across what is basically the entire map.

This makes it even more completely retarded that you can buy pure elex from merches and that it restocks. If that were not the case, the game's economy would have been very tight and interesting - since I had just about enough of it to upgrade my gear to max, I wouldn't be able to afford that if I had blown a lot of it on stat potions.

Elex

Arbiter
Tavar at least has entrance to the only major non main plot secret in the game. Although there are already too many bethestard locations "ho raidersreavers with pet jackals and funny notes on the skeleton of your mom" and "ho reavers that are cannibals and tell you that and then attack"

Ignadon, for me ice throne wasn't most disappointing location, this was:

iQ5pccH.png

it. doesn't. OPEN.

Also faction promotion quests are lazy as fuuuuck. Zerks and outlaws even copy each other. Twice.
you can find one of the best unique weapon in the game, luckly is closed is probally full of early pist meteor mutant
experiments

Shadenuat

Arcane
This makes it even more completely retarded that you can buy pure elex from merches and that it restocks. If that were not the case, the game's economy would have been very tight and interesting - since I had just about enough of it to upgrade my gear to max, I wouldn't be able to afford that if I had blown a lot of it on stat potions.
I can never stop wondering when playing this game as what design decision is supposed to be, and what design is just a series of afterthoughts and cancelled and unused things. "let's make this elex thing desirable" "now let's add infinite supply to merchants"

Also, you actually need 7 of them for the quest while 8 grow in the world
Probably same designer, but now he learned from previous quest and as he was promoted to senior designer he put more thought into his new magnum opus, the derp roots quest II!
(sigh)

Last edited:

Elex

Arbiter
look on the map if that door opened you'd be covered with lava. I'm not sure why they even put that door there. It was great to come along there and find one of the best rifles in the game though guarded by a Cyclops.
there is some nice lore note and audio.

it was a mining/research site yes they mined close to the vulcano (their mining equipment melted)

then meteor fall

they survive and the military appeared and taken control of all the mining site.

they ordered to mine the “blue” stuff used for experimentation of living people.

the problem was that the blue stuff “migrate” so even close to the impact and with the mining gear was hard to extract the blue stuff needed for the experiment

so apparently a lot of people survived the meter but they started a civil war (trench and destroyed tanks) for the control of the blue stuff.

Elex

Arbiter

I am genuinely upset at lack of dungeons or even deep caverns. There's only one I can recall off the top of my head (the reaver camp in the valley of the damned; part of the quest line). Otherwise we just have converters.

Even G3, with all its blandness, had relatively "deep" caverns/caves to go into (like dragon cave near Cape Dun or the Crawler infested cavern near one of the farms in Myrtana, I forget the name now).
at least we don’t have half game put in a linear dungeon full of lizard people.

Elex

Arbiter
OK.
Went to Ragnar.

How much?
100 shards.

you have the advocate skill?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom