Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Why did you change your mind on that quest?

Because the structure is really stupid.

That the dead zerks are completely in the middle of nowhere is bad enough already, but what's by far the worst is that you have to stumble upon them and go "[intelligence] i think dese were killed by kleriks" for Stormson to fucking spawn inside the damn Hort, otherwise the quest will be completely on hold. There's absolutely no reason why Stormson shouldn't spawn in the Hort immediately upon taking the quest from Angrim and learning that he was dragged away from Goliet.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Bethesda style action rpgs

borealesad.jpg
I am glad I was able to open your eyes to the fact that you are just playing another version of Elder Scrolls. You can thank me by depositing $ to my paypal account. I need to buy some more proper RPGs like upcoming Underrail expansion.

Jinn

Arcane
That the dead zerks are completely in the middle of nowhere is bad enough already, but what's by far the worst is that you have to stumble upon them and go "[intelligence] i think dese were killed by kleriks" for Stormson to fucking spawn inside the damn Hort, otherwise the quest will be completely on hold

Interesting. I thought for some reason that Stormson actually walked all the way to The Hort and you had to wait for that time to actually pass before you could find him there. Part of the reason why i thought the quest was pretty cool. Guess I was wrong.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I thought for some reason that Stormson actually walked all the way to The Hort and you had to wait for that time to actually pass before you could find him there.

nope

he only spawns there the moment you pass some trigger, i'm just not sure which one it is - either finding the dead zerks or reporting to angrim about it

because without that, the poor goy will never get to see the light of Calaan

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think it is when you find the clerics, but their placement isn't "that" random. I found their corpses near the great lift. Some other quests are best dealt with by using quest markers. Nasty, I am looking at you and your quest.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
It's not just illogical quest progression, some quests are also really underwhelming.
Like all the thunderdome shit in the Outlaw city.
When I first entered that thing I was really looking forward to be part of the spectacle.

Instead I just challenged a few guys to a duel and for whatever reason I always had to jog over to that completely deserted dome first and only then I could beat the next asshole to pulp.
These fights were way too easy anyway, piece of cake on level 8 or 9.
There are quite a few instances where the game could use a little more oomph presentation-wise.

medium story spoiler:
And why didn't they show at least a part of the Abessa uprising / Alp attack?
That could have been fun, instead I can't imagine not being bummed out by the developments there, no matter who controls the city. You can't create memorable gameplay experiences when you just use NPCs standing around, walking around and in rare cases attacking each other in very small groups. And the really meaningful things happen off screen all the time.
Because then it doesn't feel different from any other game full of meaningless fetch quests. Without proper presentation nobody gives jack shit about the story you are trying to tell.

Last edited:

CreamyBlood

Arcane
Stormson:

For me I stumbled across the dead beserkers up north under a cliff and quest log told me to go talk to Angrim. I talked to Stormsons girlfriend first but she had nothing new to say. Angrim told me to kill Stormson, had no idea where he was. Much later I found him cracking rocks. I let him live and he said to talk to his girlfriend and I can have all his stuff as he won't be going back. I'll wander back to Goliet eventually and see what kind of stuff he has for me.

Tigranes

Arcane
You have some really weird things that seem to frustrate you. I mean, it's an arena. They have an arena where they fight, you sign up to fight them in the arena, they fight you in the arena. The problem is that nobody bothers to watch or take money, etc., but you have a problem with... walking over to the arena to fight? Maybe I'm just not getting the point.

There are certainly quests that are lost opportunities, presentation or design wise, yes. The Rat quest stands out as one where it's a clever Miltiades scenario but very linear so that you have to keep walking into super obvious traps (so obvious so that it's not very convincing to walk away thinking 'that Rat tricked me good'). There's a moment in the Ray questline where Ray goes 'oh noes where is my buddy bro' and you go 'SURPRISE he was always right beneath our nose' which is meant to be surprising but in reality you obviously knew it before you started talking to him then you literally walk 2 steps to finish the arc.

Shadenuat

Arcane
That's correct I think, but I'm still in Chapter 1 on my second playthrough.

Damn, dude. I thought you didn't much care for this game.
I missed ton of content due to bugs. Half of companions quests didn't end for example.
Also must play 7 times to know it's shit etc.

Fug I think Abessa Conflict bugged out again for me. I supported other factions now instead of clerics while not doing thing that usually leads to dome malfunctioning and albs killed everything.

Are there even more than 2 endings there? I heard yeah but I can't trigger them.

I am starting to think maybe I should do opposed things I did since patched game is bugged in a different way than unpatched game.
If making outlaw mechanic get the job would trigger other ending I'll laf.

edit. nah it's a bug, I got Riley say I gave him regulator but I didn't it. Quest is still bugged.

The more I support Outlaws, the more I start to believe that they're just "evil guys" for "evil playthrough".

...also albs run in the sky and half of loot seems to be stuck in polygons when you know it's there with glasses.

Last edited:

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
You have some really weird things that seem to frustrate you. I mean, it's an arena. They have an arena where they fight, you sign up to fight them in the arena, they fight you in the arena. The problem is that nobody bothers to watch or take money, etc., but you have a problem with... walking over to the arena to fight? Maybe I'm just not getting the point.
I guess I phrased that poorly? My problem was exactly that nobody was there to watch us fight. It felt like shoddy, lazy programming, from the same piss poor human enemy combat AI that I see everywhere else in the game to the way they handled those arena fights in general.
I can easily picture the guy who made that quest. If "dialogue choice A" send copypasted and renamed NPC X to marker Y & add proximity trigger to initiate a line of dialogue and then combat. Oh and make NPC and player essential.
How much time did he need to program this shit? 5 or 10 minutes?

I mean I get it, I really do. Everybody wants huge and empty open worlds nowadays so they had to make one too.

"This thing needs to be filled with content so chop chop, don't daddle with minor issues like engaging quest design, guys. The deadline is getting close!"
:decline:

Then again this is a PB game and they always had static quests. Still a shame that I see exactly zero growth and development from these guys since Gothic 1.

And I don't rate this higher than Risen anymore, I just can't forgive those randomly distributed enemy spawns. That shit is inane.

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
Ah, fair enough. Yeah, it's odd to have that little greenhouse there with no spectators.

I don't think this was ever better than Risen 1. I much prefer the map design, world setting, melee combat, story arc, etc.

Shadenuat

Arcane
So if you put combo difficulty on max, that means you just never get it? Mine sets still even after 5+ hits.

Jinn

Arcane
So if you put combo difficulty on max, that means you just never get it? Mine sets still even after 5+ hits.

I've had mine on max difficulty the whole game and get Q attacks off my combos all the time, usually after about 3-4 attacks.

Last edited:

Xeon

Augur
Started a new playthrough, Caja's quest is brutal on Ultra. Not sure how many dogs there are but on top of all that, there are also 2 mutants who are 2 handed and ranged as well. Not sure how many times I tried to fight that but its not happening at all , I don't think its possible to lure one enemy at a time, they all charge.

Tried to join the Clerics but the leader started just repeating something about Calaan after I chose a name of a suspect. Tried resting and nothing as well. I might need to help Dietrich but that quest is not a main quest so not sure if its important for a faction join or not.

On Tavaar, if I choose to help Bullet, do monsters spawn when I am done talking to William or the moment I ask men for Bullet? Tried both time but 1-2 men die so would like to minimize damage to guards if possible. Thinking if monsters attack after done talking to William then I'll just prolong the conversation until the extra guards reach the gate and help faster, otherwise I'll just rush the dialogue and then rush to the gate myself and try and buy time, only things sucks about that is my attacks sometimes auto aim at neutral units instead of enemies.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
I have tier 3 self made chainsabre and crossbow on ultra on level 15, factionless, and that sort of metagaming still doesn't seem enough. Things die super slow. Explosion bolts even with 90 dmg are kinda weak. Sword is ok but needs DoT.

What good weapons Outlaws have anyway? Grenade launcher?

Last edited:

Zerth

Arbiter
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Currently doing Nasty's salvation quest:

And I'm struggling to find the gas umbel; although the description seems clear enough: "lowlands overgrown swampy areas". That's definitely around Valley of the Damned. The issue is, despite the descriptions, I suspect there's one of a kind for each ingredient, since when I was looking for the cabbage I only found one, and I checked every damn Hill in Abessa. *sigh* I will keep looking around the swamp I guess.

o3Pw1Ce.jpg

Another issue I noticed. Enemies that suddenly doesnt perform any action and stay in an idle state. This happens often when I'm facing multiple enemies.

Tried to join the Clerics but the leader started just repeating something about Calaan after I chose a name of a suspect. Tried resting and nothing as well. I might need to help Dietrich but that quest is not a main quest so not sure if its important for a faction join or not.

Dietrich quest is part of 'Subversive elements' quest, thus is needed to join clerics.

Shadenuat

Arcane
- Spent a lot of time killing clerics stealing scrap from Mad Bob instead of doing anything fishy
- Never called him Mad Bob
- Bill still gets killed because I "lied about deliveries"
10731282.jpg

Game actually doesn't aknowledge deaths of many key NPCs and just deals with it's own linear scripts

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Started a new playthrough, Caja's quest is brutal on Ultra. Not sure how many dogs there are but on top of all that, there are also 2 mutants who are 2 handed and ranged as well. Not sure how many times I tried to fight that but its not happening at all , I don't think its possible to lure one enemy at a time, they all charge.

And did you went to talk to the other guy?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Also you need to master the awesome skill called "hide behind companions." Look there is a barefoot woman [B]JarlFrank[/B] and you can totally have her as a companion. Then you can watch her feet, and when you hear biting and chewing and attacking sounds of a raptor, you look at raptor and start attacking him. It solves about 1/5 of trouble.

Screenshot pls :M
O2WcrF0.jpg

UtxSvU9.jpg

There you have two screenshots I made.

Zerth

Arbiter
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
- Spent a lot of time killing clerics stealing scrap from Mad Bob instead of doing anything fishy
10731282.jpg

Game actually doesn't aknowledge deaths of many key NPCs and just deals with it's own linear scripts

Also, the cleric bloke leading the scrap stealing operation said He will speak to your favor if you choose to join cleric faction when you return his hammer. So far It doesn't seem to affect anything, since Reinhold only admits you after completing the chem dealer puzzle quest.

imweasel

You can save Bill even if you lied to Mad Bob. Mad Bob will also acknowledge that he is still alive, becuz reactivity.

That said, try harder.

Shadenuat

Arcane
It's not reactivity it's retardness. Yes you can just attack that npc. But if you kill kleriks, you basically say "all is fine" and then still don't get reward for Bill's quest because... not all is fine. There is no line THERE WERE KLERIKS I MURDERED THEM ALL AND YOUR LEAD SCRAPPER WAS PSIONICALLY RAPED.
It's strange because killing them changes NPCs around, but fails to add 2 & 2 together.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom