Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I would have probably given up on the quest instead of trying to complete everything like a checklist, IF I managed to survive all the Hort quests in the extremely hostile environment of Ignidon. I guess this example is shit quest design, but we also don't know if there are other people you can talk to that will give you information about Stormson down the line. I'm just saying, as a first time player who is progressing naturally through the game, I was able to finish the quest without use of a quest compass and I feel like if you were b-lining to Hort to do all Cleric quests, you'd probably be metagaming and know how the quest played out anyway.
I wasn't beelining it to the Hort or Ignadon at all. I ended up there while doing the beserker quests because as soon as you get to the Dome
the teleporter three can take you to The Hort.
So I ended up there completely organically, and decided to investigate, and during the course of it, I ended up exploring the entire Hort and do most of the quests there.

And I think you're really reaching if you want to pull the "we don't know if some completely random potential other NPC completely unrelated to the events will lead you to the NPC in question". You can't even ask people that aren't directly related to the questline about Stormson or where he might've gone.

Is Are there glasses for both loot and creatures or just one or the other?

Edit:
I think its are instead of is.
Are it is indeed, because it's plural. And no, there are no such glasses. It's either/or.

And the loot glasses will make you wear nothing else forever. The glasses that give Sixth Sense can be replaced by actually having Sixth Sense, and Clerics get Tech-sense (detects albs, robots, and advanced equipment/loot), and the Barbarians get lifesense (detects everything that's alive).

It's possible to completely trivialize a lot of combat in the game with Lifesense/Techsense glasses/abilities, btw, by shooting through walls, floors and ceilings with AoE weapons, because there's no collision detection in combat - they go right through. It's especially broken when you're attacking Converters.

Elex

Arbiter
Yeah because Gothic 1 and 2 didnt have teleports
I actually don't remember, did they? Were they runes you find or something and even costed some mana to cast?
um yes teleport rune spells that cost mana but later game stuff for gothic 1.

someone can spoil me what i must do for chapter 2 in elex?
i’m at 40 hours and still chapter 1 (and tons of side quest to do)

Trias_Betrayed

Scholar
I did do some quests in Goliet but I ran off to the Hort before I finished them all 'cause I wanted to get a damn decent ranged weapon

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Because a reasonable person without prior knowledge
A reasonable Alb would not go with a berserker. By far the most logical thing to do is to seek out the separatists first and foremost. In fact, based on the wonkyness of the dialogue, I felt like the game did not expect me to actually go to the separatists last, and certainly not after
already having joined a faction, cleared out multiple converters and killed the albs in Edan.
It really felt like the game expected me to have gone to the separatists far earlier, but you're never given directions there - you are, however, given a quest marker.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Luckmann rated your post
rating_retarded.png
retadred in the thread Piranha Bytes ELEX RELEASE THREAD.

so Luckmann would you please elaborate on how the quest compass is automatically turned on once you manually turn it on

Tigranes

Arcane
Yeah because Gothic 1 and 2 didnt have teleports
I actually don't remember, did they? Were they runes you find or something and even costed some mana to cast?
um yes teleport rune spells that cost mana but later game stuff for gothic 1.

someone can spoil me what i must do for chapter 2 in elex?
i’m at 40 hours and still chapter 1 (and tons of side quest to do)

The South Abessa converter, talk to Sestak there. Basically every Chapter has a Key NPC and you can talk to them to check what you still have to do to move the story forward. After Sestak he will point you towards another dude up north, and eventually that will lead you to another dude way down south. The Big Fight that Ulbricht in Hort wants a commander for I think isn't necessary to do right now, but has to be done at some point.

Elex

Arbiter
i get my spearstist quest early but i preferred doing some quest loot stuff and level up a little in goilet.

clearly jax want to recover armor and gear, he want the separatist stuff, he join a faction only because he can’t recover alb equipment.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
i get my spearstist quest early but i preferred doing some quest loot stuff and level up a little in goilet.

clearly jax want to recover armor and gear, he want the separatist stuff, he join a faction only because he can’t recover alb equipment.
So he's basically a murderhobo.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Another shit tier point for this game is that a lot of NPC just don't seem to acknowledge your accomplishments and at some point they still treat you like a newcomer,even tho you are top tier big schnitzel in their faction, basically at one point during the "Ulbrichts Big Offensive" quest, Jax tells him this "Why are you trusting me to command/be a soldier when i only walked through the door, are you always this trusting?". I was a fucking paladin in the clerics AKA the highest rank and my character and the leader guy is acting like i just waltzed in here for the first time in the game. This game does this so many times where it treats me like a newcomer to the factions even though i'm the highest rank possible. And this is a problem all around the board, like everyone in the game has late stage alzheimer and never seem to recognize Jax or his accomplishments, this part of the game really pissed me off and really put the game on the 5-6 out 10 scale, the game is just bad.

Xeon

Augur
Its too bad that the armors of his Albs enemies don't fit him, otherwise he would have loot them and used them instead I guess.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Another shit tier point for this game is that a lot of NPC just don't seem to acknowledge your accomplishments and at some point they still treat you like a newcomer,even tho you are top tier big schnitzel in their faction, basically at one point during the "Ulbrichts Big Offensive" quest, Jax tells him this "Why are you trusting me to command/be a soldier when i only walked through the door, are you always this trusting?". I was a fucking paladin in the clerics AKA the highest rank and my character and the leader guy is acting like i just waltzed in here for the first time in the game. This game does this so many times where it treats me like a newcomer to the factions even though i'm the highest rank possible. And this is a problem all around the board, like everyone in the game has late stage alzheimer and never seem to recognize Jax or his accomplishments, this part of the game really pissed me off and really put the game on the 5-6 out 10 scale, the game is just bad.

so have you finished it seven times yet

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
so Luckmann would you please elaborate on how the quest compass is automatically turned on once you manually turn it on
Nah, I honestly don't see the point of trying to explain the mechanics of the game when you're this deep in the rabbit-hole. Elex could force-feed you concentrated decline and you'd still defend it, no matter how shitty the mechanic in question is. Pure fucking retardation to claim that the game wasn't made with the quest compass in mind and that something is "turned off" just because you're not using it. It's saying that the combat isn't shit because you can choose not to engage in it, or that dodging isn't fucked because you could just not dodge (which is totally an option, by the way - you practically never need to actually dodge).

Maybe the progression curve would get better if I just didn't place my skill points or increased my attributes, too? Gonna have to remember that, try to use it as an argument if I ever get stage 4 brain cancer and have to amputate my left hemisphere.

Last edited:

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

so have you finished it seven times yet

No, I restarted every time I completed a faction quest chain which is basically 6-7 fetch-kill quests that could be completed in 1-2 hours, sorry but the game is not good enough for me to start from scratch.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Haha, yeah, that fucking quest, it was so fucking cringe it was unreal, like fucking Nasty was recruited to "lead" them, and even have this scene - still dressed as a fucking Outlaw, of course - and the "troops" are really just fucking robots, and she still has a "Let's give them hell!"-speech, and the entire "plan" consists of slowly running forward up to the Converter - a converter which previously was locked and unguarded but now has three layers of defense, as opposed to all other converters (which you can get into), even though you've probably already unlocked the teleporter at the converter.

You can literally leave Nasty and the Robots after the first fight, teleport staright to the Converter, help the troops there, and then work your way back to Nasty, killing the other lines of "defense" from the back, and Nasty will still go "Wew that was a hard fight" as you trigger the dialogue for each "line" where she stands and wait, after each point where the game assumes that there were combat. You can also teleport away from the entire thing, do whatever, and everyone will be waiting for you when you get back, like the game took a holiday. And let's not forget that if you've got too much Cold, you can't take the most sensible and logical option, and one of the major Clerics will die, even if you teleport to the converter immediately and kill all opponents within literal seconds.

It's so fucking bad. But everything involving Nasty seems pretty cringy, like she's a cringy punk that still somehow is an accomplished commander, despite clearly being both fucking stupid and in any reasonable universe incapable of leading anyone to anything.

MasPingon

Arcane
Games designed around quest markers - rarely give proper clues or in-game references about where to go. The compass becomes a clutch in their designs. So to ignore it just means walking around like a tard for 3 hours.

Well I guess some people enjoy that.

Witcher 3 Seems like the inversion of that - where they gave you all the clues you need but then had to make everything Glow and Interactable.

"Hmm Blood.. Leads Over here.. An arm.. must be Drowners.. oh Grass that is burnt.. mmhmm"

Dude, Witcher 3 is exactly opposite, you can't do shit without quest compass. Great example is the beginning of the game in White Orchid, where you need to find Yennefer. A guy in a tavern tells you he last saw her in Nilfgaardian camp. Geralt says "Thx man, that's all I need to know". The problem is he doesn't tell you where the fuck is this "Nilfgaardian camp". He doesn't give you any directions, any description of that place, you can't even ask any other NPC in the area for the directions . So, as you decided to play without a minimap( hey, devs said you can always turn it off!!) you are searching for the "camp" on your own, there should be tents in a "camp", right? No. You are running like a retard, checking all the places where you see nilfgaardian soldiers and tents but all they got to say to you is "fuck off". You turn on minimap and this "nilfgaardian camp" you have heard of turns out to be in the ruins at the south edge of the map. How intuitive. Every god damn quest, when you need to find something/ someone is exactly like this. Witcher 3 is designed to play with the quest compas as your gps. No matter how hard you want to play without it, most of the time you need to look at the god damn minimap and play this game like some top down view rally game. They created great enviroments, but those are useless because quest designers didn't give a shit about using them properly.

Last edited:

axedice

Cipher
The Abessa Dispute quest triggered my autism this weekend and I spent hours trying to complete it to no avail. I realized it got cancelled after a minor cutscene (had no idea I acquired the quest), so I loaded a previous save but it was getting cancelled whenever I slept/fast travelled. So I loaded even further back, went to Abessa to solve the quest and to my astonishment even the quest markers didn't help. The attack takes place, outlaws died since I gave those shitbags no weapons whatsoever. Also the shield is intact because who in their right mind tinkers with a shield regulator, amiright? But even though I've spoken with every named npc (marked or unmarked) , there is no resolution for the quest. So I fast travel out of there and the quest is silently cancelled with no xp. I couldn't find Fenk though, but if he has eloped the city why do I need him to complete the quest, and if I need to find him (or his body) to complete the quest, why does it get cancelled when I fast travel? Guess the patch didn't fix the bugs with the quest, just removed it from the quest log with cancellation.

Also found this link, people have compiled a list of useful items : https://www.reddit.com/r/elex/comments/780zd9/compilation_of_useful_items_to_lookout_for/

Sunglasses (detect loot): On top of a windmill (north east of domed city?). Flying up there was a pain. They intentionally put moving platform so I can spend 20 min jumping and falling off till I figured out there's a stable platform hidden on the other side of the damn windmill.

This shit is extremely useful, I had no idea there was a warbow near the troll next to pc base. Also as mentioned before since it highlights loot behind walls, it basically tells you where to explore for hidden rooms tunnels etc. Way too good of a QoL/exploration improvement to miss, go for it in the beginning.

I suppose quest markers are optional in the same sense that fast travel is but many quests don't have adequate directions because they were designed with magic quest markers in mind.

"many"

jesus christ you people

Alright then, "some". What does it matter? I never argued this was a severe problem, only that it was one.

:roll:

There are well over 300 quests and objectives in the game, but the sperging retard is gonna sperg if he needs to use the quest markers to solve some of them for whatever reason. Even if it is just a bug.

Alright, so like pulling teeth we've finally arrived at the conclusion: the quest marker use is "completely optional" until it is, using your own words, necessary. This creates a dilemma. Either the player plays with it on by tagging whichever quest they are working on which spoils some exploration (ex: finding the casket near the Great Lift) or they leave it on, which means that you will be blindsided by some quests that don't give you direction at all. That's why the issue is an issue. Is it game breaking? No. Could it be that it probably doesn't impact most people's enjoyment of the game? Maybe. But it is a flaw, however small, and the game would be better if this was fixed either by providing proper direction for quests that luck it or hiding quest markers for quests which are meant to be "mysteries".

And we agree on this. Yet in your original post you decried every person who made this criticism to be spergin' spergs who don't know how maps work. How bloated with german cock do you need to be to fanboy this hard, my dude? How serious must a criticism of a game be before we are allowed to bring it up?

---

The bigger issue is that in many (or maybe I should say "some" since we are being super pedantic) other threads making a complaint like this would result in agreement, neutral or dismissive responses, or in the case of TES games, a mob of people ready to jerk you off (somewhat justifiably as it is a bigger problem in those games than in this one.) However apparently we are still deep in the ELEX honeymoon because so far we've got apologetics like:

"Just search the entire map"
"well this happens in real life, people are lazy sometimes"
"well it is an issue but anyone who points it out is a sperg"

Let's be honest, that's quite a level of fanboyism and I would be surprised to see the same posters extend a similar amount of charity to other games or developers.

Last edited:

Elex

Arbiter
Its too bad that the armors of his Albs enemies don't fit him, otherwise he would have loot them and used them instead I guess.
ray is the only one in the entire planet to know how to remove armor from dead people.

imweasel

The Abessa Dispute is time based. You do all of the quests and then after a few days it is resolved. You'll know it when you get the achievement. Loot the bodies and you are done.

It is somewhat bugged so you don't get any XP for it. There is also a different outcome, but I am not sure if it is also bugged.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Wasnt there some patch that added the option to turn off double tap dodgeroll? Where can i find it? Or did i misread something?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom