Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Good to know. Does Nico er.. Jax fix his face and stop being depressed meth addict at some point?
Yep.
1. You stop seeing it so often.
2. Helmets or capes.

No, really, I don't know why I wrote that particular thing about Jax, sorry. I think I just felt that way.

Last edited:

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
You seem to have very contrasted views on both games. May i ask you why?

...by far the worst offender, is how enemy humans can actively block hits while you can't. You can only execute timed ripostes, but you CAN'T actually BLOCK. It's pants-on-head retarded.
...Niggas can just fire their ranged weapons into your face at point blank and you can do absolutely nothing about it.
...Enemy attack animations are wildly unpredictable and give you a minimal window of opportunity for a riposte, and if you miss it, you typically die.
...exploration is simply unfun and unrewarding, and the entire world feels like set up by AI.
...For starters, it blows my mind that they decided to recycle so much of the old map and then do absolutely nothing with most of the cool old locations. They are either inaccessible or missing any content, or straight up removed from the game. The top examples here are the old ...NPCs no longer give you ANY directions, and you HAVE to rely on quest markers to do any shit. Some people will say that was also true in E1, but I had them disabled from start to finish back there.
....Loot placement makes no sense and you will find chili growing in the arctic or alium Dark Elex (tm) that landed on the planet a week ago in pre-apocalypse caches.
....There is simply no point to the exploration. There are no cool places to go to, and no cool things to find in them.

And that's just a part of it. The fact that it's blatantly unfinished and also a complete mess from a technical standpoint is only a cherry on top. Whatever good parts it has (and it does have them) just can't outweigh the problems.
I seldom agree with you, but I have always respected you for being able to differentiate between feelings and facts.
However this time, I can't help but to wonder, what's gotten into your head.
I reacted to the same stuff from you in Elex 2 thread, and I will say it once more:
You just lost it this time. By writing poorly biased, and half outright-lying nonsense.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

...by far the worst offender, is how enemy humans can actively block hits while you can't. You can only execute timed ripostes, but you CAN'T actually BLOCK. It's pants-on-head retarded.
...Niggas can just fire their ranged weapons into your face at point blank and you can do absolutely nothing about it.
...Enemy attack animations are wildly unpredictable and give you a minimal window of opportunity for a riposte, and if you miss it, you typically die.
...exploration is simply unfun and unrewarding, and the entire world feels like set up by AI.
...For starters, it blows my mind that they decided to recycle so much of the old map and then do absolutely nothing with most of the cool old locations. They are either inaccessible or missing any content, or straight up removed from the game. The top examples here are the old ...NPCs no longer give you ANY directions, and you HAVE to rely on quest markers to do any shit. Some people will say that was also true in E1, but I had them disabled from start to finish back there.
....Loot placement makes no sense and you will find chili growing in the arctic or alium Dark Elex (tm) that landed on the planet a week ago in pre-apocalypse caches.
....There is simply no point to the exploration. There are no cool places to go to, and no cool things to find in them.

And that's just a part of it. The fact that it's blatantly unfinished and also a complete mess from a technical standpoint is only a cherry on top. Whatever good parts it has (and it does have them) just can't outweigh the problems.
I seldom agree with you, but I have always respected you for being able to differentiate between feelings and facts.
I reacted to the same stuff from you in Elex 2 thread, and I will say it once more:
You just lost it this time. By writing poorly biased, and half outright-lying nonsense.
point out which part is false so i can obliterate you

Latelistener

Arcane
If you only disliked Risen 2 in last 5-10 hours, then it's a good game overall, right? I pretty much dislike every single PB game in their last 5-10 hours. :lol:

I checked what Outward is in Mortismal channel. It's a survival and resource management game. Want none of that shit. Not saying it's a bad genre, just no for me.
And no, i'll not playing as a rodent. And that game is stealth game anyway. Again, nothing to do with PB jank.
Well, I never had that kind of animosity toward their endgames. Risen 2 just sort of loses its steam even before the "classic" PB endgame.

Outward has some survival and resource management elements, but it's an open world exploration game at its core, same as Ghost of a Tale. Just like PB games. It depends on what exactly do you want from them.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron

point out which part is false so i can obliterate you
All of them. Obliterate away. I just wanted to show other people that there are some who think on the contrary.
Kill me, and thousands will step up and raise the weapon of hope and a good mood in my stead. Long live the republic!
Oh, wait, wrong cultural reference.
Man, it's all so blurry this time of the year.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
All of them.

i accept your surrender

now bend over

and as a bonus just for you, here's one of my favourite screenshots from the game:

202203151241081.jpg

Last edited:

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
i accept your surrender

now bend over

and as a bonus just for you, here's one of my favourite screenshots from the game...
Thank you for taking the bait, as probably any arrogant Sith sympathisant would.

Yeah, apparently a new meta of objectiveness in judging games has arisen: a game with a legendary weapon on top of a skyscraper together with a piece of lore parchment is non-existent, bad exploration. Or wait, was it first bad and then non-existent? Hmm, what a puzzle.
I believe it was the latter and then the former, because if you first need to search for a way to the top, solve the architectonic puzzle, so to speak, it makes you feel bad if you are Darth Roxor. And if Darth Roxor feels bad, nothing exists. Yeah, that must be it. Because there are moments like this strewn all over Elex 2. Now, it finally makes sense.

The other stuff is surely similarly thoughtful. Unpredictable patterns! Who would've thought that using reflexes in action combat—as opposed to learning simple patterns—was bad combat? Probably people who are staff on RPG forums. Phew, it's good that I am not one of them then, I guess.

What have we next? Ah, a recycled map without anything new.
Hmm, Berserks live in a different town. Check. We play only partially in the 'old Elex's world', check. There are buildings, forests, encampments, forts, metro stations, alien infestations, and much more that were never seen in Elex. Wait, now I remembered that every faction lives in a different place now, hmm. That's strange; it doesn't add up because DR acts as if he knows his shit. Maybe, we should believe him over what we see on the screen?

I probably won't continue. What a clown you can be, Darth Roxor.

VerSacrum

Educated
Mind you, i actually enjoyed Risen 2.
Risen 2 is actually a good game. It may be considered a bad sequel, but is generally very fun.
The first half is fun, it's a traditional open-world-ish PB fare.
But it cut out pretty much all of the traditional PB mechanics. No crime and punishment system, all NPC's are unkillable/lootable, zones rather than properly connected world etc.

Genuinely cannot understand Risen 2 apologists.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
i accept your surrender

now bend over

and as a bonus just for you, here's one of my favourite screenshots from the game...
Thank you for taking the bait, as probably any arrogant Sith sympathisant would.

Yeah, apparently a new meta of objectiveness in judging games has arisen: a game with a legendary weapon on top of a skyscraper together with a piece of lore parchment is non-existent, bad exploration. Or wait, was it first bad and then non-existent? Hmm, what a puzzle.
I believe it was the latter and then the former, because if you first need to search for a way to the top, solve the architectonic puzzle, so to speak, it makes you feel bad if you are Darth Roxor. And if Darth Roxor feels bad, nothing exists. Yeah, that must be it. Because there are moments like this strewn all over Elex 2. Now, it finally makes sense.

The other stuff is surely similarly thoughtful. Unpredictable patterns! Who would've thought that using reflexes in action combat—as opposed to learning simple patterns—was bad combat? Probably people who are staff on RPG forums. Phew, it's good that I am not one of them then, I guess.

What have we next? Ah, a recycled map without anything new.
Hmm, Berserks live in a different town. Check. We play only partially in the 'old Elex's world', check. There are buildings, forests, encampments, forts, metro stations, alien infestations, and much more that were never seen in Elex. Wait, now I remembered that every faction lives in a different place now, hmm. That's strange; it doesn't add up because DR acts as if he knows his shit. Maybe, we should believe him over what we see on the screen?

I probably won't continue. What a clown you can be, Darth Roxor.
71HAhD9h1xL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Most of Rox' points are about as sharp and punchy as a soft tennis ball. Just incoherent, emotional foam. Plus many of them are true for E1 too.

Hey Rox, how about "artificial difficulty" and "bad design", you got those too?

Zlaja

Arcane
Most of Rox' points are about as sharp and punchy as a soft tennis ball. Just incoherent, emotional foam

Same can be said for your take on Risen 3. Let's recap:

the most tired, phoned-in, lethargic, disinterested RPG I've ever played and not just by PB. It's so soulless and by-the-numbers if it came out today ppl would totally believe it was made whole cloth by AI

Sounds like "emotional foam" to me.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Sounds like "emotional foam" to me.
Tru.

And if I was immortal I'd enjoy writing a wall-o-text rigorous analysis that nobody would read about why R3 is a turd. Alas, life has only limited number of hours and by this point I'm starting to feel every single one of them.

NotSweeper

Educated
I just spent the last 15 minutes trying to land perfectly on the towers at the Great Lift to get the 10 arrow quivers.
You barely have enough jetpack fuel to make the jump, and due to the way the roof of the tower is sloped you have to land perfectly.
It doesn't happen often anymore, but I still surprise myself with my autism sometimes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom