Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

Latelistener

Arcane
ELEX_high_tier_outlaw_armor_3840X2160_noUI_0127.jpg

PPnJmPY.png

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
My plan for 2018 is to use the word xenial more often in conversation.

Definition of xenial: relating to, or constituting hospitality or relations between host and guest and especially among the ancient Greeks between persons of different cities (xenial relationship, xenial customs)

Origin and Etymology of xenial: Greek xenios xenial (from xenos guest)

In other words: neighbourly relations.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Shillboys Jinn and Jimmious negative rate whoever talks back against SJW Larian. Sad!

Last edited:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Saw this game was almost out so i thought i would give this thread a look.

So my question is what the fuck are you people going on about?

I THINK it's the Codex attempting to meme, but I'm not sure. Most Codex memes are adopted only after they become popular on Reddit for some mysterious reason I've never quite been able to figure out, so this is unfamiliar territory.

To celebrate the edginess, here's an animation depicting a bismuth crystal:

9f913cb193.gif

Saw this game was almost out so i thought i would give this thread a look.

So my question is what the fuck are you people going on about?

Look, people here are getting desperate. I've been an avid PC gamer since the late 90s, and the truth is, despite all the "decline is over" optimism that began a few years ago with Kickstarter and old game re-makes, most of the hyped Kickstarter games turned out to be decent at best, crappy at worst. And even the decent ones, they have barely moved the genre forward. I have a new PC and there is barely anything to play. Whole genres lie dead, when was the last time there was a decent RTS or MMORPG? I was on mmorpg.com the other day, they have a list of MMOs in the hundreds or thousands, and they are all absolute shit. Some were good once, and became shit, others were shit from the start.

And the worst thing is, mainstream gamers (and probably some people here) keep buying this crap, giving companies further incentive to churn out the same mindless turds. What the industry really needs is some kind of a financial jolt, sort of like that game crash in the 80s, where there was so much crap out there, people just stopped buying it. This might actually result in these companies innovating again and using the massively more powerful current hardware for something other than graphics.

I think this is what's pushing desperate codexers into this ELEX craze.

Jinn

Arcane
The game is the closest we'll get to Gothic in this day and age, and the closest PB has gotten to Gothic since Risen 1. This is reason enough to celebrate. All you have to do to see this is the case is watch some of the 3 hour preview that was posted a few months ago.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The game is the closest we'll get to Gothic in this day and age, and the closest PB has gotten to Gothic since Risen 1. This is reason enough to celebrate. All you have to do to see this is the case is watch some of the 3 hour preview that was posted a few months ago.

Yup. Risen is one of my fav games, and it looks like ELEX is going to be like it, so I'm genuinely excited. The only thing I have noticed that I really don't like is that they kept the sliding into combat thing that was introduced with Risen 2 but I think I can live with that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom