Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
There's a Ubisoft shill in here? Hot damn I'm good at ignoring the right people. I'm borderline telepathic.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Ok, so this whole time Latenna has been carrying a seed of Albinaurics and fertilized the giant albino lady in the Snowfield so she can give birth to a new generation of these things? It's a female-to-female fertilization?

What? They couldn't make the archer a male for this to make at least some kind of sense (and also I hate female blacksmiths warriors)?

They put so little effort into their character quests. They also simp a lot, especially in this game. Most of the long-running quests revolve around some thot. Ranni nose, Milicent, Latenna, Selen, Irina/Hyetta, Roderika, Fia, Nefeli, all the supposedly sympathetic characters are foids. Most of the male-centered end with you having to kill them at the end for one contrived reason or another.
It’s dark souls the content of quests and characters don’t matter.

Hell Swarm

Educated
Honestly, your misconceptions about ER are so utterly bizarre that i'm legitimately wondering if we're even talking about the same game.
steamwebhelper-a-GFBMHk-MMo.jpg

I guess you must be right. Almost 300 hours of sitting on the main menu masturbating on a second monitor.

You're a fanboy, you refuse to admit obvious issues. There's no discussion to be had with someone who can't admit the game has deep flaws.
The weight is that the combat and enemy design are quite good
I found the combat to be terrible. Being ambushed by wolves yet again or bandits and your 4 badly control AI guys flail around like Dynasty warrior characters.

It’s dark souls the content of quests and characters don’t matter.
You don't like traveling the entire map searching for an NPC to say 3 lines of dialog and chuckle!? Heresy!

Silverfish

Arbiter
The weight is that the combat and enemy design are quite good

Bolstered by the fact that the series encourages experimentation and subsequent runs since the classes are pretty varied by action rpg standards.

It's this mentality that allows FromSoft to keep getting away with subpar effort into their quests and characters.

Good. If I want to talk to townspeople for half an hour, I'll play any other rpg.

Hell Swarm

Educated
Yea, closer to 300 hours, judging by your own screenshot. :lol:
That's 4 different play throughs you Jewish retard.
Ah, we're in the "this game is so terrible that I played it 4 times with a total of almost 300 hours" territory.
I never said the game was terrible. I said the game has serious issues that should have been corrected in Dark souls and has gone in a shitty direction. And that Miyazaki is a thief and takes credit for shit he stole from else where or others did.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
I never said the game was terrible. I said the game has serious issues and has gone in a shitty direction.
That's the same as saying that it's terrible. Non-terrible games cannot be described as "having serious issues and having gone in a shitty direction". They are also not played 4 times for a total of 300 hours. You need to pick your narrative here, edgelord junior.

And I was right about Melina originally, if anything, it feels like she's not in the game often enough. So you're just flat-out wrong in every way.

Hell Swarm

Educated
That's the same as saying that it's terrible. Non-terrible games cannot be described as "having serious issues and having gone in a shitty direction". They are also not played 4 times for a total of 300 hours. You need to pick your narrative here, edgelord junior.
Are you going to defend the virgin abductors hitting you through the floor in volcano manor? An issue we knew existed in Dark souls 3 with the chain monsters in the dragon peak boss room and From still didn't correct? Or the way the camera breaks on larger bosses or drops lock on against fast bosses which often gets you hit through no fault of your own?

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Are you going to defend the virgin abductors hitting you through the floor in volcano manor?
Literally didn't even know this could happen, and I've played through volcano manor twice much more meticulously than you, apparently, did.

An issue we knew existed in Dark souls 3 with the chain monsters in the dragon peak boss room
Another thing I don't remember being an issue. Maybe you're just born unlucky.

Or the way the camera breaks on larger bosses or drops lock on against fast bosses which often gets you hit through no fault of your own?
I do remember the camera bugging out slightly a few times, but it's a low to mid level issue, not something that would either make or break the game.

Hell Swarm

Educated
For someone who wants to shit talk people for pointing out issues you sure are ignorant of issues. Some posted in the thread you apparently don't read since there's been videos of it happening posted in response to you.

You should change back to your old avatar. You would be easier to spot and ignore for being an ignorant twat.

Silverfish

Arbiter
Are you going to defend the virgin abductors hitting you through the floor in volcano manor? An issue we knew existed in Dark souls 3 with the chain monsters in the dragon peak boss room and From still didn't correct? Or the way the camera breaks on larger bosses or drops lock on against fast bosses which often gets you hit through no fault of your own?

Those things suck the first time they occur, no argument there, but once you know they're variables, you can adjust for them. It's just a part of the gitting gud process.

Hell Swarm

Educated

Those things suck the first time they occur, no argument there, but once you know they're variables, you can adjust for them. It's just a part of the gitting gud process.
The worlds biggest cope after world peace ever happening.

I am good. I still don't like getting randomly smashed by a weapon I can't see or know is coming because it comes through the floor.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Christ what a whiner.

It's this mentality that allows FromSoft to keep getting away with subpar effort into their quests and characters.
Not quests, secrets.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom