Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
From can keep the core of Soulz combat system, but still do much more with it, because as it currently stands the system is barebones
Nioh proved that beyond a doubt
Meh, Fromsoft makes action adventure games, Nioh is a jump away from being character action. Souls combat is fine; Personally I like DS combat the best, it knows to stay away from the spotlight.

You have it wrong nigger. We all wish for your death.
Speak for yourself.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
How often do you pan the camera around to stare at that package?
200w.gif

Captain's log, stardate Apr 24th 2024 ADD2 (after Dragon's Dogma 2). DD2 still shits in Elden Rang's mouth.

At least in Elden Ring I can dodge, lock on, and take a hit without writhing around on the ground for 5 minutes.

Also, don't feed the troll, guys. I'm not gonna name names, but you know who he is.
I've read several posts of yours in the DD2 thread. You suck at the game. You literally have no idea what you're doing. But ignore away. Me and mediocrepoet shall continue explaining shit to the retards who keep getting filtered. Consider it a daycare service.

Cheesedragon117

Educated
How often do you pan the camera around to stare at that package?
200w.gif

Captain's log, stardate Apr 24th 2024 ADD2 (after Dragon's Dogma 2). DD2 still shits in Elden Rang's mouth.

At least in Elden Ring I can dodge, lock on, and take a hit without writhing around on the ground for 5 minutes.

Also, don't feed the troll, guys. I'm not gonna name names, but you know who he is.
I've read several posts of yours in the DD2 thread. You suck at the game. You literally have no idea what you're doing. But ignore away. Me and mediocrepoet shall continue explaining shit to the retards who keep getting filtered. Consider it a daycare service.
Filtered? You do realize I am 80 hours into the game with little intention of stopping, right? "Filtered" implies I stopped playing. I haven't, but that doesn't mean i'm not going to point out all the dog turds I stepped in along the way.

Do you not consider being completely unable to aim the Mystic Spearhand's Foreboding Bolt (y'know, the move that stuns enemies and is rather integral to his gameplan) to be a design flaw? Do you think a fair punishment for not picking Warrior is being sent into an epileptic fit every time a goblin lightly brushes you on the shoulder? Do you think said goblin's teleporting jump attacks that hit you instantly with no warning is good enemy design?

Half the reason I'm complaining is because Capcom is demonstrably capable of better (DMC5, Monster Hunter), in fact it's even more egregious, since half the people that worked on those games worked on DD2!

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
It's arguably their best recent game. RE3 has Jill and she's a trump card. ANYWAY me and med have around 400 combined hours. 80 ain't shit son. You're a grunt!
pvmCO4.gif

Hell Swarm

Educated
"Filtered" implies I stopped playing. I haven't, but that doesn't mean i'm not going to point out all the dog turds I stepped in along the way.
But doing the same for Elden Ring makes me a troll? Dishonest cunt to the last aren't we?
RE3 has Jill and she's a trump card
She looks like Donald Trump and has all the personality of a feminist toilet brush.
I hope fromdrones don't infest DD2 thread and offtop in it, it's kinda annoying.
Nigger cat does this to every thread. He's schizo and admins think it's funny for him to derail everything all the time. He needs a week ban from the thread every time he does this until he learns. Dragons dogma is a piss poor game 15 years out of date now and they didn't even have the decency to add a jump button 4 games after it was needed like From did in their out of date games.

Any one else notice all the From streamers with a decent viewer count are going "Hey guys, I can't talk to you about something. But if a voice actor signed an NDA they couldn't tell you what they were doing under the NDA. And I can't tell you"? Either From are cucking to youtube voice overs or some mod has them signing NDAs to do guest voice work. Seen a few doing it while looking for background noise.

Considering that the most capable mages who later didn't turn into a fucking crystal were females, it's only natural to create a woman mage.

If women had any serious level of ambition, they'd manage to crystallize themselves too. They're simply too weak and stupid to achieve true power.
They're pretty good at popping balls in their mouth and getting fingered though. Sends em a bit crazy after..

Odoryuk

Educated
Either From are cucking to youtube voice overs or some mod has them signing NDAs to do guest voice work. Seen a few doing it while looking for background noise.
Why would FS hire some youtubers when they have an access to professional British play actors who contribute a lot to their games' atmosphere? I bet it's some "soulslike" devs that hired them to get streamer's user base interested in their inferior imitation.
I hope fromdrones don't infest DD2 thread and offtop in it, it's kinda annoying.
I am a fromdrone, so when I say DD2 is better than Elden Ring, it is an objective fact.
Do you post about Elden Ring in DD2 thread most of the time?

Cheesedragon117

Educated
Either From are cucking to youtube voice overs or some mod has them signing NDAs to do guest voice work. Seen a few doing it while looking for background noise.
Why would FS hire some youtubers when they have an access to professional British play actors who contribute a lot to their games' atmosphere? I bet it's some "soulslike" devs that hired them to get streamer's user base interested in their inferior imitation.
Just further proof that this guy's a schizo, and/or a zoomer that isn't privy to how Japanese studios do things.
I am a fromdrone, so when I say DD2 is better than Elden Ring, it is an objective fact.
Do you post about Elden Ring in DD2 thread most of the time?
If anything he's doing the opposite, and I just aided and abetted him because he baited me :argh:

It's arguably their best recent game. RE3 has Jill and she's a trump card. ANYWAY me and med have around 400 combined hours. 80 ain't shit son. You're a grunt!
pvmCO4.gif
Yeah, It's called having a life, dude... try it sometime.

Hell Swarm

Educated
Unfortunately From have increasingly pandered to those people and reddit in general. I wouldn't put it past them to give some useless NPC a youtuber voice. From make the majority of their money from Steam sales so the western market isn't far from their mind. I suspect we may see a reference to the fag who ruined Millenia for some many people some where in the DLC.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
The player character exists independently of you and is a part of the world, you're just telling them what to do.
Yea, it's the "telling them what to do" at every single moment of playing the game that makes the player character an avatar, a miniature *you* in that world. Apparently, you are a womynz. No wonder people think you're a tranny.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Uh, when you play a game you temporarily inhabit (with your mind) a vessel (player character) and see and do things through its eyes. The player character (the model, animations, textures, part in the world and story, lore) is part of that world not you who controls that PC. How the hell does this need to be explained?

Hell Swarm

Educated
Uh, when you play a game you temporarily inhabit (with your mind) a vessel (player character) and see and do things through its eyes. The player character (the model, animations, textures, part in the world and story, lore) is part of that world not you who controls that PC. How the hell does this need to be explained?
Wait, you have third person camera in your eyes? I'm stuck with a first person one!

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Uh, when you play a game you temporarily inhabit (with your mind) a vessel (player character) and see and do things through its eyes.
Yes, and I maintain that it is transsexual to inhabit a vessel that is a different gender than your own. It is at the very minimum a form of crossdressing/trasvestitism.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Yes, and I maintain that it is transsexual to inhabit a vessel that is a different gender than your own. It is at the very minimum a form of crossdressing/trasvestitism.
The vessel is a tool through which you interact with that virtual world. In one game you control a woman, in another a gnome, in others a goblin, or an elf or a dwarf or whatever else. In GTA SA you control a black chatacter. In the ballad if gay Tony you control a Dominican one. You start to sound like one of my faculty colleagues who maintained that killing NPCs in videogames is like killing people in real life. Or the mental state of it or something.
So what, when you play other games where you can choose different species to play as, you always play human? For example in BG3.

Hell Swarm

Educated
The vessel is a tool through which you interact with that virtual world. In one game you control a woman, in another a gnome, in others a goblin, or an elf or a dwarf or whatever else. In GTA SA you control a black chatacter. In the ballad if gay Tony you control a Dominican one. You start to sound like one of my faculty colleagues who maintained that killing NPCs in videogames is like killing people in real life. Or the mental state of it or something.
So what, when you play other games where you can choose different species to play as, you always play human? For example in BG3.
There's a difference here.

If I want to play Tomb Raider I have no choice but to play as Lara. I wouldn't say that's questionable because I have no choice in the matter. I am 'forced' into playing as a woman if I want to experience the game.

If I choose to make a female character in Elden ring I am making a choice to be a woman. And in my experience the type of people who do this are either transexuals or they make a fetish character they want to fuck. Instead of a power fantasy of a man conquering and pillaging, it's a blow up sex doll in digital form. You're choosing to play as a woman for either of the above reasons and that woman will be acting masculine. She will be performing a male role and often beating up men and being physically superior. Which snowballs into vastly more fetishistic territory for a lot of the people doing it.

People choosing to have a female avatar are weird. Even if it's a woman doing it, it's still weird. Unless a game gives -4 str they don't deserve to be a playable option.

Stoned Ape

Savant
There's a difference here.

If I want to play Tomb Raider I have no choice but to play as Lara. I wouldn't say that's questionable because I have no choice in the matter. I am 'forced' into playing as a woman if I want to experience the game.

If I choose to make a female character in Elden ring I am making a choice to be a woman. And in my experience the type of people who do this are either transexuals or they make a fetish character they want to fuck. Instead of a power fantasy of a man conquering and pillaging, it's a blow up sex doll in digital form. You're choosing to play as a woman for either of the above reasons and that woman will be acting masculine. She will be performing a male role and often beating up men and being physically superior. Which snowballs into vastly more fetishistic territory for a lot of the people doing it.

People choosing to have a female avatar are weird. Even if it's a woman doing it, it's still weird. Unless a game gives -4 str they don't deserve to be a playable option.
The only RPG I've chosen to play as a female character was VTM:Bloodlines because if I have the choice I prefer to watch a girl suck on things.

Child of Malkav

Erudite

I gave examples of games where you are also "forced" to play as an established character since the story of the game is centered and custom to that specific character.
As for the rest of the psychological babble I don't know what others experience or view themselves as. For me, those are nothing but vessels, empty space to be temporarily occupied. If it looks appealing then cool, something to distract me from time to time.
And if the woman PC model happens to look good that's what I'm choosing. In the case of ER and other soulsborne games I'm playing a dude because the only difference between a man and a woman in those games is just how the in-game model looks and the sounds it plays. Otherwise it has the same male skeleton, animations, movesets etc.
In case of other games where there are gameplay differences I'll have to think on a case by case basis.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom