Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
I prefer combat that has more meat to it.
I hope you're talking about presentation here and not mechanics...

i'm also getting the impression you guys want Souls to be something else entirely.
From can keep the core of Soulz combat system, but still do much more with it, because as it currently stands the system is barebones
Nioh proved that beyond a doubt
Doesn't mean From has to rip-off Team Ninja, but they could learn a lesson or two from them and apply it in their Weapon Arts mechanic for example

Last edited:

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
From can keep the core of Soulz combat system, but still do much more with it, because as it currently stands the system is barebones
Nioh proved that beyond a doubt
Doesn't mean From has to rip-off Team Ninja, but they could learn a lesson or two from them and apply it in their Weapon Arts mechanic for example
I don't want Nioh combat in my Souls games. They can add certain weapons that mimic Nioh's combat. That was the beautiful thing about Dark Souls 2. There were so many weapons and combinations that had their own unique style. I'd be fine with them bringing in the elements of Nioh combat, but it would have to be in the spirit of DkS2, ie, weapons like the Bone Fist that add totally unique movesets.

Skinwalker

*teleports into you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Ok, so this whole time Latenna has been carrying a seed of Albinaurics and fertilized the giant albino lady in the Snowfield so she can give birth to a new generation of these things? It's a female-to-female fertilization?

What? They couldn't make the archer a male for this to make at least some kind of sense (and also I hate female blacksmiths warriors)?

They put so little effort into their character quests. They also simp a lot, especially in this game. Most of the long-running quests revolve around some thot. Ranni nose, Milicent, Latenna, Selen, Irina/Hyetta, Roderika, Fia, Nefeli, all the supposedly sympathetic characters are foids. Most of the male-centered end with you having to kill them at the end for one contrived reason or another.

ferratilis

Magister
Started a new character from scratch, this time a mage since I never play this kind of build in soulslikes. And just to avoid going back to the old ways, I imposed a rule on myself of not putting any points into STR or DEX. Astrologer start, focusing on pure casting, with the regular rapier as a backup. No shields or bows or anything else. It's been surprisingly fun so far, but I'm reaching around lvl 70 and should face Radahn soon, it will be interesting to see how hard it is with a pure caster. What I enjoy about it is that it adds another layer to the gameplay, resource management, along with having to focus on positioning even more than with bonking builds that I always play. Good times.

YMJPHwA.jpeg

Hell Swarm

Educated
Started a new character from scratch, this time a mage since I never play this kind of build in soulslikes. And just to avoid going back to the old ways, I imposed a rule on myself of not putting any points into STR or DEX. Astrologer start, focusing on pure casting, with the regular rapier as a backup. No shields or bows or anything else. It's been surprisingly fun so far, but I'm reaching around lvl 70 and should face Radahn soon, it will be interesting to see how hard it is with a pure caster. What I enjoy about it is that it adds another layer to the gameplay, resource management, along with having to focus on positioning even more than with bonking builds that I always play. Good times.

YMJPHwA.jpeg
Only faggots play as women. Men making abominations beyond the light of God. Anything less is pure fucking gooner.

Hell Swarm

Educated
Only faggots play as women.

"Closeted fags and future troonshine enjoyers making female characters in games. Sad. Not me, though. Nothing I enjoy more than making a big, burly man to stare at for 50 hours."
I'm looking at the armour set. I'm not playing dress up like a queer incel. You want to play as female characters because deep down you wish you had a cunt instead of acted like one.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
"Did you know that liking pretending to be an attractive women is actually a sign that you're trans?"
Yes.

"Video game characters aren't distinct entities that exist for the player's amusement, you want to be them." This is getting dangerously close to "I want to see myself represented in games" territory.

Let's be real. Can you honestly say you've played a Tomb Raider session where you didn't come out a bit confused after?

:codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

Silverfish

Arbiter
I can, but it looks like Skinwalker and Hell Swarm can't say the same. It's okay, fellas, keep reaching for that rainbow!

Skinwalker

*teleports into you*
Patron
Village Idiot
"Did you know that liking pretending to be an attractive women is actually a sign that you're trans?"
Yes.

"Video game characters aren't distinct entities that exist for the player's amusement, you want to be them." This is getting dangerously close to "I want to see myself represented in games" territory.
The player character is your avatar in the game's world. Why is your avatar a womynz, are you a tranny or smthn, lol.

And yes, I do want to see myself represented accurately in games. That's why *my* character looks like this:

20240423_231807.jpg

Odoryuk

Educated

YMJPHwA.jpeg
Only faggots play as women. Men making abominations beyond the light of God. Anything less is pure fucking gooner.
"Role Playing" is in the name of the forum. My first run in any FS RPG is always as a gallant knight, quality build, the next ones are based on the game's world I learned about in the first run. Considering that the most capable mages who later didn't turn into a fucking crystal were females, it's only natural to create a woman mage.

ferratilis

Magister
Considering that the most capable mages who later didn't turn into a fucking crystal were females, it's only natural to create a woman mage.
This is it. Thops - failed student, got himself locked out of the Academy, died as soon as he went back, Rogier - the guy had so much sex with Fia that death thorns starting growing out of his groin, Seluvis - sexual deviant who wanted to roofie his own lady. And even without that, it's more pleasant to look at a cute girl for 100 hours than a burly dude.

Silverfish

Arbiter
The player character is your avatar in the game's world.

The player character exists independently of you and is a part of the world, you're just telling them what to do.

And yes, I do want to see myself represented accurately in games. That's why *my* character looks like this:

20240423_231807.jpg

That's pretty cool. I didn't know the lands between hosted Burning Man.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
It's just super ironic that dudes who play as dudes for hours, days even, staring at hairy man-ass and junk, have the gall to accuse us who choose attractive female protagonists as being "gay". Little strange innit? The guy gazing into a hairy butthole is calling men who enjoy looking at women gay. STRANGE.

Odoryuk

Educated
It's just super ironic that dudes who play as dudes for hours, days even, staring at hairy man-ass and junk, have the gall to accuse us who choose attractive female protagonists as being "gay". Little strange innit? The guy gazing into a hairy butthole is calling men who enjoy looking at women gay. STRANGE.
Also the dudes:

Hell Swarm

Educated
"Role Playing" is in the name of the forum. My first run in any FS RPG is always as a gallant knight, quality build, the next ones are based on the game's world I learned about in the first run. Considering that the most capable mages who later didn't turn into a fucking crystal were females, it's only natural to create a woman mage.
"I don't understand why playing as a woman is seen as a problem" meet "I want to pretend to be a woman".
it's more pleasant to look at a cute girl for 100 hours than a burly dude.
That's a gay excuse and we all know it. You're not staring at a burly man, you're looking at a walking suit of armour. It's like Master Chief isn't a character, he's just armour. You guys project about hairy buttholes and staring at a man's packaga because that's exactly how you play your fetish dolls. You are staring at their body parts and getting off to it. While non-homos don't see their avatar as a character to inhibit. They're just a walking set of armour and a non-annoying death sound. We have fun with the character creation rather than masturbate to the anime doll you wish you were.
The sales disagree.
This mindset is why everything sucks now and we all beg for death.
You have it wrong nigger. We all wish for your death. We're quite content when you're not around with your drag queen games no one played and immediately died.

Cheesedragon117

Educated
How often do you pan the camera around to stare at that package?
200w.gif

Captain's log, stardate Apr 24th 2024 ADD2 (after Dragon's Dogma 2). DD2 still shits in Elden Rang's mouth.

At least in Elden Ring I can dodge, lock on, and take a hit without writhing around on the ground for 5 minutes.

Also, don't feed the troll, guys. I'm not gonna name names, but you know who he is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom