Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Hell Swarm

Educated
Why do modern capcom fans think this is new?

A few years ago, people started pushing the idea of a Capcom "redemption arc" based on one good game (Monster Hunter World), a streamer meme game (Resident Evil 7) and a couple of lazy cash grabs (REmake 2 and DMC 5). People actually fell for this and are now shocked to learn, again, that Capcom is actually fucking gay.
I enjoyed all of those games, it's pretty much everything else they did that became a problem. The redemption arc is over and we're bad to shitty capcom doing shitty capcom things.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat

A few years ago, people started pushing the idea of a Capcom "redemption arc" based on one good game (Monster Hunter World), a streamer meme game (Resident Evil 7) and a couple of lazy cash grabs (REmake 2 and DMC 5). People actually fell for this and are now shocked to learn, again, that Capcom is actually fucking gay.
Or you're just a retard. Capcom is one of the last "big" developers left that still makes good stuff.

Hell Swarm

Educated

Or you're just a retard. Capcom is one of the last "big" developers left that still makes good stuff.
Can you put me back on ignore please? Your posts are so retarded they're only worth laughing at and not engaging with. You can't even get 60 FPS in DD2 because it's a poorly made game that flopped hard and got ratioed into oblivion.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron

One good game over the last decade isn't that impressive.
As far as the Codex is concerned, Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen released in 2016, so that makes 2 good games released by Capcom within the last decade, both named Dragon's Dogma. :M

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

As far as the Codex is concerned, Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen released in 2016, so that makes 2 good games released by Capcom within the last decade, both named Dragon's Dogma. :M
Still puts them ahead of many CRPG devs like Obsidian, Bioware, arguably Larian... :lol:

Odoryuk

Educated
Open world and quest design were recently discussed, as were bad hitboxes and camera before. The cycle should continue, it is, once again, time to speculate whether GRRM contributed anything substantial to Elden Ring's writing or not.

One could argue that unconcensual relationship between Mohg and Miquella reek of GRRM's writing style, but implied homosexual incestual relationship were already present in Dark Souls 3 without prior direct GRRM influence. I like to imagine M and GRRM coming with this together, giggling like children.

MasPingon

Arcane

Resident Evil 4 Remake was a great game. Far better in it's genre then Dragon's Dogma:Dark Arisen. So it makes 1 great and 2 good games.

Hell Swarm

Educated
One could argue that unconcensual relationship between Mohg and Miquella reek of GRRM's writing style, but implied homosexual incestual relationship were already present in Dark Souls 3 without prior direct GRRM influence. I like to imagine M and GRRM coming with this together, giggling like children.
Whats the implied homo stuff?

Mogh and Miquella is interesting because I think most people get the relationship wrong. They think Mogh is gay for his brother, but he isn't. Miquella has some magic buff that makes everyone around him worship the ground he walks on. It's not that Mogh is a homo, it's that Miguella is in control of Mogh and is using him to buff himself or regen or whatever the fuck the egg is doing. There's so much lore around Miquella's worship and aura that it's stupid to consider it gay when it's obviously how the lore says everyone reacts to him. He's catnip in human form.

Resident Evil 4 Remake was a great game. Far better in it's genre then Dragon's Dogma:Dark Arisen. So it makes 1 great and 2 good games.
If you like bare bones remakes with worse everything then sure. Maybe pick up RE3 next and you can enjoy another awful remake. 2 was a good remake, it took the original and enhanced it to make a unique horror experience. 4 was RE2 remake repurposed and a boring hallway walking generic horror game. RE4 is The Evil Within tier at best.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
You can't even get 60 FPS in DD2
The game ran in my desktop like ER ran for me at launch lol (30fps open world, 50fps dungeons)
flopped hard
>2.5+ million sales in first week for the decade too late sequel of a cult game
>flop

55b.gif

got ratioed into oblivion
By people that played the game for less than 5 hours lol
That's a good argument for Steam disallowing reviews of people with less than 2 hours play

Good Capcom games 2014-2024:
- Mon Hun 4 Ultimate
- RE Revelations 2
- RE7
- Megaman 11
- Mon Hun World
- DMC5
- REmake 2
- Ghosts N Goblins Resurrection
- Mon Hun Rise
- DD2

Hell Swarm

Educated
The game ran in my desktop like ER ran for me at launch lol (30fps open world, 50fps dungeons)
That's not acceptable performance and it's dishonest with how many issues it has.
>2.5+ million sales in first week for the decade too late sequel of a cult game
And how many refunded it because it was an unplayable mess? Pal world beat it to a pulp and that had no mass marketing and bots shilling it.
By people that played the game for less than 5 hours lol
That's a good argument for Steam disallowing reviews of people with less than 2 hours play
Top fucking kek as you /v/ retards say. 5 hours is more than enough time to determine if a game is worth playing or has performance issues. I don't need to play a bad game for 40 hours to know it's a bad game and I should uninstall it. Just like I did with the original dragon's dogma you brainless capcom fanboys won't shut up about.
Good Capcom games 2014-2024:
- Mon Hun 4 Ultimate
- RE Revelations 2
- RE7
- Megaman 11
- Mon Hun World
- DMC5
- REmake 2
- Ghosts N Goblins Resurrection
- Mon Hun Rise
- DD2
5 of those are good games. The others are questionable at best and most have a price tag 4 times what they should be. Drag queen fanboys pretend a megaman rom hack is worth money or a bad psp port deserves praise.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
No one forces you to summon the most overpowered ashes like Mimic Tear or upgraded Banished Knights or Tiche. You can summon a duo of flying puppets and watch them flailing like crazy after a boss damages them enough. It's fun and doesn't remove all challenge from most of non–trivial bosses. Can even use them for minor bosses in early tombs and have fun.
In fact, seeing how different ashes act in combat can be a source of its own exploration.
Obtaining Tiche is pain and Tiche typically doesn't kill boss singlehandedly anyway. Also you might miss the whole summoning part entirely if you don't return into early location by an accident.

If you want to play offline without interaction, or pirated version. No hint Dark Souls are actually difficult, because these secrets ARE hard to find. But I managed to have Sun knight in my last boss fight, and he even survived. And then I got that kickass alternate ending by an accident.

Odoryuk

Educated
Whats the implied homo stuff?

Mogh and Miquella is interesting because I think most people get the relationship wrong. They think Mogh is gay for his brother, but he isn't. Miquella has some magic buff that makes everyone around him worship the ground he walks on.
Implied stuff is Lothric and Lorian's relationship, though it's probably stems from Lothric's feminine appearance and overal fujiyoshiness of the fandom. As for Mogh, it doesn't matter, if he fell for Miquella by his own affection or was charmed to it, he still calls him his consort.

Obtaining Tiche is pain
I don't even remember where I got it on my first playthrough, I didn't try it before my friends told me it's a good ash if I'm having troubles with some late bosses.
Also you might miss the whole summoning part entirely if you don't return into early location by an accident.
You can buy it later from twin husks trader, it is not missable. Though, I got it myself without any guides, as teleporting to that church was my Undead Parish Andre's blacksmith in the early game.

Hell Swarm

Educated
Implied stuff is Lothric and Lorian's relationship, though it's probably stems from Lothric's feminine appearance and overal fujiyoshiness of the fandom. As for Mogh, it doesn't matter, if he fell for Miquella by his own affection or was charmed to it, he still calls him his consort.
So your source is a bunch of mentally ill women who have no concept of friendship let alone romance? Brilliant. Of course they're fags. Why would 2 brothers born to fulfill something and failing in doing it care about each other? Surely it must be poop dick instead.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
That's not acceptable performance
Agreed
Elden Ring barely looks better than DS3, yet somehow it taxed my desktop even more than Cyberpunk 2077

And how many refunded it
Yeah, I'm sure the amount of refunds was so great it tanked the game's success
:lol:
Get fucking real

Pal world beat it to a pulp and that had no mass marketing
Ok...
And?

Palworld just about beats 99.999% of all videogames
Its an early access MMO gacha slop that shamelessly rips off pokemon
Which in case you didn't know, is the most popular and successful IP in the world and an MMO pokemon game is something the vast majority of fans have wanted for the series since WoW
Couple that with the killing and slavery gimmick and all the marketing Palworld needed was a silly, high production trailer to go viral

Just like I did with the original dragon's dogma you brainless capcom fanboys won't shut up about.
Hey man, don't be so harsh...
It's not their fault you lack in taste

:smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom