Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eien no Aselia

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
As far as I know, no. The dragons are best saved for later play throughs really, since the ether they'd give isn't necessary on first play - you can easily max out all of your units even without doing them (presuming that you ace a few missions).

felicity

Scholar
Haba said:
As far as I know, no. The dragons are best saved for later play throughs really, since the ether they'd give isn't necessary on first play - you can easily max out all of your units even without doing them (presuming that you ace a few missions).

I broke all mana crystals, demolished every building, SS'ed every mission except one but still I didn't have enough mana to all units. That's why I wanted that dragon so badly. I actually had slain every dragon except that one. It is so much more powerful than the others that I couldn't even tank for one round. If its Support Skill wasn't so cheesy maybe I could beat it with Revive. WTF 2000 dmg, -Action, and used at Start Support Phase.

Suchy

Arcane
Anime + hardcore PC games...
codex.DoesNotComputeException
at codex.thread.readReply(WeeabooFaggotryThread:56844)

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
You bring shame to Codex, Suchy. There is much to ridicule in the products of Japan, but one does not simply shout "weaboo" and call that hate. True hate is based on information. Only when you *know* the subject can you truly hate.

So yes, like many XUSE games, despite it's trappings it actually has an actual game underneath. For some odd reason the isolated island of Nippon seems to one of the few places on earth where near undisturbed offsprings of so called "old school" gaming can still be found. Kinda like what this thread was about,

If you'd actually bothered reading my original post, you'd know this.

Now accept the delicious taint and give way to the decline:

http://tenka.seiha.org/2007/08/seinaruk ... aseria-ii/
http://blog.seiha.org/2008/10/now-eatin ... bat-trial/
http://tenka.seiha.org/2011/05/alchemy- ... mpressions

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Suchy said:
Anime + hardcore PC games...

Go play this: CHAOS;HEAD
Or you might try Touhou. Touhou is quite hardcore.

Or if you'd like something lighthearted you might try game from where are these lines:
... and have fun.

Mike YOU BASTARD.

Suchy

Arcane
No way. I'm not going to play anything with the slightest tint of desu in it. I refuste to know the subject.
I mean:
ena_s2.jpg

Niggas, please...

This is a hardcore PC game:
0.jpg

3733.jpg

roa2-024.png

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
This has style. (Look at these petals, birds, watercolors, girl, gun.)
Sweptbythewind.jpg

What you posted is simply an old game.

Delirius

Liturgist
Eien no Asalia is a piece of shit but the guy who mentioned Chaos;Head was right - C;H is a kickass VN.

Blasterhead

Educated
Made the mistake of giving this a go. I'm a few battles in, but pulling out now.

This is more VN than RPG or tactical strategy. And the VN bits are terrible. Really.

The combat is not bad, but not worth the pain and crippling shame the story and characters are likely to induce.

And as said, the art direction is a bit shit. (even by desu standards)

Rance is better in every way.

felicity

Scholar
Blasterhead said:
Made the mistake of giving this a go. I'm a few battles in, but pulling out now.

This is more VN than RPG or tactical strategy. And the VN bits are terrible. Really.

The combat is not bad, but not worth the pain and crippling shame the story and characters are likely to induce.

And as said, the art direction is a bit shit. (even by desu standards)

Rance is better in every way.

More like a balance of VN and gameplay, or just gameplay, you can fast-forward the dialogs you know. You can bear Rance but not this? Rance is nothing but long winded anime sex scenes mixed with cheap humors that are not even funny.

Eien no Aselia has better combat than Rance. No contest. You'll appreciate the combat system a lot more if you try to get SS rating. It requires you to finish a mission within a limited time frame thus forces you to manage your squads and optimize your tactics properly.

Suchy said:
This is a hardcore PC game
Hardcore has different meaning in different genre. In RPG hardcore means trial-and-error, gigantic mazes, pitfalls, black rooms with conveyor belts, teleporters, frequent status ailments, instant death etc. In the strategy genre hardcore means a requirement for precise planning and in-depth problem solving. Uncertainty like trial-and-error and instant death is not exactly desired. In this sense Eien no Aeslia IS hardcore, especially if you skip the VN it has nothing except battles follow with battles.

And who cares about hardcore anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom