Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Edbis RPG mixes around with ToEE

Chadeo

Liturgist
You don't see anyone bitching about a flight sim being real time, do you?

I don't know...I would buy one just for the novelty of it.

Though to be fair, even turn based games let you move around in real time when you are not in combat. So a turn based flight sim could look just like a real time flight sim as long as they included no battles.

=P

Oh and if you can't take the heat, stop walking into the fire. Microsoft reads slashdot, and bioware reads rpgcodex. Why? Because your most honest critic is one of the best ways to get feedback on your work so you can either improve in the future, or continue to do what you did best (using the feedback as a judge of how well you stayed true to your past work).

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Psilon said:
Yeah. Having some variance in acquired HPs gives a little more flavor to being an nth-level character.

I was talking with Exitium about it, and my suggestion was that all classes get 1d4 plus whatever makes up the difference for their hit dice. For example, a Barbarian's 1d12 hit dice would be done by 8+1d4. That'd give some variance but wouldn't be as punishing as purely random rolls.

voodoo1man

Liturgist
Anyone who complains about TB combat being too slow either has trouble thinking quickly, or really should upgrade their computer (in which case they should also be complaining about real-time combat games being too slow as well).

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
That's one of the best ToEE reviews I've read actually. Out of all of them (even the Codex's). Pure, honest and straight-forward. A simple re-telling of his gaming experience for the first few hours.

EvoG said:
Read everything and think before you comment and go on the attack, pal. ;)
Ahhh... The student has become the teacher.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom