Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eastern Front mod for CoH

ever

Scholar
http://easternfront.org/

Anyone played this yet?

I spent an hour with it and it doesn't seem half bad. Stays true to the CoH formula and is very fun.

Only some minor aesthetic issues like tooltip descriptions are now in a different style to the original ones but I guess only me and like one other overly anal person will care about that.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Its really unbalanced, so until the Russians are heavily nerfed dont waste your time with it.

ever

Scholar
While I understood that they just used the voices from the russian version of the game for the russians and it worked ok, I lost all faith in this mod when I heard a soviet tank refer to itself as a SHERMAN FIREFLY in a thick russian accent.

MapMan

Arcane
Russians are seriously over powered. As markec said, dont waste your time with it now.

In the first version it was possible for a good soviet player to win vs 2 players fairly easily :P It is somewhat more balanced now but still unbalanced.

ever

Scholar
I wouldn't.

Men of War is just a really fail clone.

ever

Scholar
CoH is an extension of the Dawn of War gameplay which was built to have some resemblance to the tabletop game. Some people will even claim that Company of Heroes is closer to the Warhammer 40k ruleset than either of the two Dawn of War games (despite them using warhammer media while CoH is a WW2 setting)

There's no such thing as spamming in company of heroes and certainly no rushing.

Men of War is a typical puzzle RTS. Good for what it is.

Erzherzog

Magister
To this guy puzzle = "aww crap I have to think"

Put me down as another in the MoW camp. What do I care that someone is modding in the Soviets? They've been in MoW since day 1 and even the Japs were added.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom