Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eador Genesis

ClaviculaZ

Novice
Does anyone have a working link for the New Horizons mod v.150427 ENG or 2.50c version? I didn't like the changes which were introduced afterwards and apparently it's not possible to download the older version any more. I would really appreciate it.

bavarian kid

Educated
Does anyone have a working link for the New Horizons mod v.150427 ENG or 2.50c version? I didn't like the changes which were introduced afterwards and apparently it's not possible to download the older version any more. I would really appreciate it.
Please post a request to update the download link in the "The Guild of Craftsman" http://www.eador.com/B2/viewforum.php?f=33

In case you need info how to create an account on eador.com: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/eador-genesis.78776/page-30#post-4169313

Quick question.

Can you only complete alliance quests (Drow) with the hero that initially got the quest?

I got the quest with my secondary hero, but completed it with my main hero.

It's still listed as active for my hero, but talking to the Drow with either of them doesn't work.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Quick question.

Can you only complete alliance quests (Drow) with the hero that initially got the quest?
Yes, that's how quests work in Eador, they're tied to specific heroes instead of the player, it's the same thing if you have the "kill x number of units", it only counts when you kill them with the hero who got the quest. You might try talking to another drow province and see it that spawns another location, that could work.

Quick question.

Yes, that's how quests work in Eador, they're tied to specific heroes instead of the player, it's the same thing if you have the "kill x number of units", it only counts when you kill them with the hero who got the quest. You might try talking to another drow province and see it that spawns another location, that could work.

Thanks, i feared as much.

Maybe I remember wrong, but wasn't there one time in a patch, where you would get the quest item in your inventory? The Beholder egg.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Does anyone know where in files I can check this?
Random(21 + RangedDamage + 5 * RangedKills - 3 * RangedAttack * Ammo) >= 30
It's a medal requirement. And it feels weird.

Basically when you have unit with 5 attack and 4 ammo and it scores these two kills to start to be eligible... Even against 0 armor units it's two 1 HP overkills + 3*5 HP
Thus it would be
21 + 17 + 10 - 3*5*4
21 + 17 + 10 - 60
An unit with 6 ammo would be.
21 + 27 + 10 - 3*5*6
21 + 27 + 10 - 90

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Quick question.

Thanks, i feared as much.

Maybe I remember wrong, but wasn't there one time in a patch, where you would get the quest item in your inventory? The Beholder egg.
Not that I remember but I didn't play the earlier NH versions. Should be possible, there are quests for finding scrolls for wizards in provinces. Maybe they don't want you to find the beholder egg randomly in some other location (which happens, it allows recruiting a beholder if you have the proper building) and complete the quest that way?

Does anyone know how i get access to the Holy units in the game? I'm not sure if it helps aiding the inquisition, or what i need to do.

No. Units like Witchunters, Grand Inquisitors, Zealots, Patriarchs etc.

Seems like i can recruit them, but I'm not sure if I need to have the Diplomacy skill, or i need to do the quests from the holy sites. Or a combination. I take it my Alignment needs to be some degree of Good.

Q1TG792.jpg

bavarian kid

Educated
No. Units like Witchunters, Grand Inquisitors, Zealots, Patriarchs etc.
Seems like i can recruit them, but I'm not sure if I need to have the Diplomacy skill, or i need to do the quests from the holy sites. Or a combination. I take it my Alignment needs to be some degree of Good.
You can recruit them. No quest necessary. High degree of good alignement is enough. IIRC, if your good alignement is one degree below the game requirement, you can use diplomacy and a bribe to get access to the Inquisition units. Have fun purging the heretics:D.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Level 3 (I think) diplomacy and very high karma. You can negotiate the province to join you then recruit them from a location in there, you also get a ritual that creates another of their fortresses in one of your provinces. At least that's how I always do it, maybe there are alternatives.

uQPWmOU.jpg

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Ugh after playing some Eador again I remembered why I stopped in the first place - fighting AI is no problem but the fact that you keep fighting the same PROVINCE DEFENSE over and over and over again is.

AI armies are a joke most of the time but it cheats so hard with province guardians it gets repetitive very fast.

Monkeyfinger

Cipher
I have no problem with the mass horsemen guarding regular provinces and such. It's the rare contracts which put like 6 ogres on their capital that made me stop playing. I don't appreciate having to grind the map and box in the enemy heroes to break a stalemate like that.

Ok my game went to shit as when i finally managed to Annex the Holy Lands, the enemy showed up at my doorstep with a maxed out hero and a maxed out army, of all level 30 troops.

I started a new game, and my aligment is "Good", but when i enter a Holy Land, i don't get the option to annex them (not even greyed out text).

I've read somewhere that you need a strong army as well as a good alignment, can anyone confirm?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I have no problem with the mass horsemen guarding regular provinces and such. It's the rare contracts which put like 6 ogres on their capital that made me stop playing. I don't appreciate having to grind the map and box in the enemy heroes to break a stalemate like that.
6 ogres are easy. Imagine Giants as guard. Or that undead army.

What stalemate? Are you rushing to theirs capital?

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Ok my game went to shit as when i finally managed to Annex the Holy Lands, the enemy showed up at my doorstep with a maxed out hero and a maxed out army, of all level 30 troops.

I started a new game, and my aligment is "Good", but when i enter a Holy Land, i don't get the option to annex them (not even greyed out text).

I've read somewhere that you need a strong army as well as a good alignment, can anyone confirm?
I haven't seen that but it's possible, stronger army is a requirement for the goblin alliance for example. But not even the greyed out option? That's weird.

6 ogres are easy. Imagine Giants as guard. Or that undead army.

What stalemate? Are you rushing to theirs capital?
The undead army isn't that strong, at least in NH you can load yourself with exorcism-kind spells and purge the dangerous ones first.
vMt7QLX.jpg
I probably hate facing cyclops the most, so much raw hp and damage you'll lose half of your army even if you can take them.

And yeah, the AI cheats with the economy like crazy but regular province defenders aren't that bad, after a while you should get so strong that they flee when they see you, even better you can bribe them to your side. Doesn't apply to undead and a few others that never flee, then it does get annoying. From I've played I believe the thing when AI gets a super strong defense in their capital is a scripted event for each master that depends on time and difficulty (around turn 100 on expert, maybe?), for example the lich guy always gets the undead army, Beleth always gets warlocks, etc. It's pretty annoying on smaller maps.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
That also depends if you have army that can take on a normal province guard. Which isn't guaranteed.

I tried a run as with non evil army. And it's blatantly easy. First you basically don't have to choose which spell schools would you build, you have 4 and can build 4. Second, easy T3 free units. (when you are lucky). Easy access to T2 units if you have correct location around, thus you can save some money before attacking harder locations and loot gold.

It's interesting that low level units in Eador each has it's own specific use, for example thieves units are great against guardsmen unit, they swarm him and possibly weaken it without being killed by retaliation strikes.

Even militia and slinger buildings have theirs uses. One of them is it gives a guard which is totally amazing for scouting, but totally pushover. The second is when you want quickly make T2 units and you need two more buildings.

The rather tight design falls apart at higher levels when it no longer feels like empire building, but as a create specific build and win the shard with it.

gunman

Arcane
Developer
Has anyone managed to finish the campaign? I am afraid of losing patience halfway through it and throwing so many hours out on the window.
I know some of you prefer playing single maps but what are your recommendations for playing the campaign?
From my limited experience in campaign, I felt I need to rush to the outer rings and search for the opponents instead of taking time to explore the locations close to my home province because the enemies can advance very fast and catch you unprepared. This means you don't have time to gain a lot of money and I am always on the bank of bankruptcy early in the game. It also means I cannot afford the second hero until very late, and only on the larger maps.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Wtf that upkeep :negative:

This guy better be worth it.

Yeah, the upkeep on these guys is insane. They're good but not so good that they're worth 2-3 weaker tier 3 units, I don't buy them unless my economy is out of control or I'm preparing for a final push at enemy's capital and don't care if I go into negative gold income.
BTW you should use a banner on a commander.

Ok I'm tempted to say the Guardian of Souls is worth it. He goes through evil like a knife through warm butter.

He did 65 damage to a Devil, and chopped him down in two strikes.

He died though, when I was fighting a Cult of Necrus (1 Maleficar, 3 Warlocks, 5 Vampires)

I teleported him in to take down the Maleficar, but unfortunately he ended up in the middle of the Vampires, who were particularly nasty.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom