Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

E3 2017 - June 10-15 - Press Conferences, Trailers and Interviews

DramaticPopcorn

I fucking lost it

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
So Bethesderp's big announcements were:

1) Paid mods.
2) Shitty VR versions of existing games.
3) Shitty sequels.

RIP.

vonAchdorf

Arcane

All this super realistic environmental destruction is only possible because of the power of the cloud every XBone has! A game like Crackdown 3 wouldn't be possible without the cloud! (Even Microsoft seems to have forgotten about this and silently swept it under the rug.)

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Only two games from Microsoft's briefing are XBOX console exclusives: Forza and some other game ... while everything else is not an exclusive or just a timed exclusive.

Even Ashen will come out on PC.

Except "PC" and "Windows 10 only"-titles are not the same. Windows 10 is being made to be an exclusive platform where you'll need the new piece-of-shit OS from Microsoft, suck down their restrictive UWP DRM and eventually say goodbye to all PC games that don't conform to it.

Repeat: A game that's released for Windows 10 is NOT a PC game.
Not every game shown will be a UWP game, just saying. Most of them will be regular Steam purchases.

Dexter

Arcane
Did you notice that in Doom VR you can't actually walk or run, you have to pick a spot and the you teleport to it :lol:

Teleporting instead of walking prevents VR motion sickness - VR totally is the future btw.
It's the difference between Seated VR, where you use the headset to look around and lean in various directions to closer observe something and orient yourself but use a controller for all movement e.g. the Oculus method and Room-Scale where you designate a physical space you can actually walk around in and your position is tracked 1:1 into the Virtual space e.g. the Vive method, which obviously isn't infinite since the room you're playing and walking around in will most likely have walls and shit and leads to design problems (there's a physical space you can walk around and do shit in, and to move said space you "teleport" it away to another virtual location with you in it).
valve-vive-lighthouse-boundaries.jpg

Various games use different methods or a mix between them depending on what you're supposed to do, see for instance the tags for these games:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/527100/Star_Trek_Bridge_Crew/ http://store.steampowered.com/app/306760/Obduction/ - Seated
http://store.steampowered.com/app/646200/Dead_Effect_2_VR/ http://store.steampowered.com/app/342180/Arizona_Sunshine/ - Standing / Room-Scale

Fallout 4 VR seems to have been developed using the first method since it's a full port, DOOM VFR seems to have been developed using the second method, since it's a separate game.

Last edited:

jaydee2k

Savant
Everything except Wolfenstein is abysmal shit.
Modern gaming my ass. I'm out of this shit!

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Intel Press Conference is going on just before PC Gaming Show, if you're interested:

As the leader in making incredible gaming and VR experiences possible with the 7thGeneration Intel® Core™ processor, and with its decade-long history in esports with Intel® Extreme Masters (IEM), Intel will reveal where the PC gaming industry is headed next.

Or on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/sale/pcgaminge3

PC Gaming Show starts after this.

• A major announcement from Firaxis Games.
• A new game from Klei Entertainment, creators of Mark of the Ninja, Don’t Starve, and Oxygen Not Included.
• New BattleTech footage, with brand new info from creator Jordan Weisman.
• A live demo of Wargroove, the Advanced Wars-style game from Chucklefish.
• A visit from PlayerUnknown, revealing what's next for Battlegrounds.
• An exciting new announcement from Tripwire Interactive.
• New footage and details from the PC games we’re most looking forward to.
• Much more!

Jarmaro

Liturgist
you fags really think Witcher 3's shitty horse controls are better than Ass Creeds?

I haven't played Witcher 3, so I wouldn't know, but that wasn't your original assertion.

Unlike Witcher 3, ass creed games have had good horse riding mechanics since 2009

What I gathered from this is that AssCreed has good horse riding mechanics and Witcher 3 doesn't. I've played a few AssCreed games (unfortunately) and I found all the controls to be cumbersome and shitty, especially horse controls and combat. So if Witcher 3 managed to have worse horse controls than AssCreed, I'd be impressed... but I've heard it's a pretty shitty game in general so I guess it wouldn't be too surprising.

I'd only want to add that Dragon Age: Inquisition for sure had worse controls than those two.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
Wait, I don't get it. Someone did a leak, said about Starfield in the leak. But I fail to see why people expected Starfield if it was only leak, Starfield was officialy announced or not?
Am I missing something?

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Wait, I don't get it. Someone did a leak, said about Starfield in the leak. But I fail to see why people expected Starfield if it was only leak, Starfield was officialy announced or not?
Am I missing something?

Really, no mention of all of Starfield? Is that picture of the banner fake then?

I have not had time to follow it all so far.

poor bastards, they don't know they live in a century where internet hoaxes and Photoshop coexist :)

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I wonder about the fools that bought a xbone, even worse who will buy a scorpio, you gonna pay money on expensive hardware to play stylized indie BS with shitty graphix that any budget PC could easily run, really, Microsoft doesn't know what it is doing. It is trying to get rid of the Xbone division but is too much afraid of the blacklash, so they keep the xbone around like a zombie.

2vt349y.jpg

Jarmaro

Liturgist
Mount&blade 2 Bannelord dissapointing so far. Battle looks like first M&B with graphic mods. Damn, even Assassin's Creeds get more changes per game.

Perkel

Arcane
hahah ok This is the best conference so far.

Bunch of good games.
Intel guy trying to sale snakeoil and no one buys it
"Who heard of Destiny !?" :small booo: :crickets:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom