Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Dynamic conversation with NPC by the power of AI

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I got tired of that gimmick just by watching a video.

What's the future is that 3d engines will go out the window and be replaced by complete visual/audio generation. And AI-generated dialogues will be a part of that. But it'll take some time.

Before that happens, we'll hit limitless book generation and text-based tabletop games with AI. And when this happens, I'll just be reading and gaming all day, every day. I won't do anything else. I won't even log here, what can you guys write that's more interesting than tailor suited books?

This is how civilizations die and why we don't hear anyone in space.

The Jester

Cipher
AI generating brain-dead content.

or

Corporate yesmen zoomers generating brain-dead content.

:npc:
It's generic because it's using the cucked version of chatgpt all we need is to make a costume module and feed it fallout lore and MCA's writing for incline:mca:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
It's generic because it's using the cucked version of chatgpt all we need is to make a costume module and feed it fallout lore and MCA's writing for incline:mca:

Unfortunately/fortunately, the way these machine learning models work is they mostly regurgitate what they've been fed, perhaps mixing and matching, forced to follow the corporate ideals of their iron-clad masters. There's no sentience or development of new ideas there. It's a hollow box.

So basically the equivalent of modern writers.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I don't want to type conversation, that would slow down gameplay. Also I don't want to hear conversation when I can read the same text in about 2 seconds.

Glop_dweller

Prophet
Can you imagine the frivolous lawsuits that will come of today's (from tomorrow's!) lunatic society when the AI's arbitrary response to user input is taken as personally offending to them, or offensive to their social allegiances to some group (take your pick).

This is the kind of people they will be dealing with:

rofl2.gif
desk_slam.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom