Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dustgrave - turn-based sandbox RPG from ICY developers

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

The once mighty Dahlan Empire has shattered, ravaged by a mysterious plague and internal turmoil. While surviving powers and neighboring nations try to claim as much land as possible, adventurers and mercenaries venture inside this troubled land full of opportunities.

You can be one of them. Create your own character and embark on an epic journey, enjoying complete freedom in a true sandbox RPG experience. The world and its inhabitants will witness your deeds and react accordingly, thanks to an advanced Record & Relationship system tracking every event in the world. All characters will interpret what's happening based on their morality and current allegiances.

The game's narrative will adapt to your unique path, allowing you to experience a unique adventure in the world of Dustgrave. And please, do not venture inside the ancient ruins without careful preparation unless you want to meet a painful demise.

Horizontal_Banner_-_Dungeon.png

Features​

• An advanced character editor allows you to customize your digital alter-ego freely.
  • Everything meaningful happening in the world is recorded. NPCs will judge your good and bad deeds based on their personality or faction. You may be a killer, despised by common folk, but killing heretics could kickstart your career in the clergy!
  • The world is in constant evolution. Factions will constantly fight against each other, pillaging and conquering settlements. Some may acquire more power and become major players in the area. Others may be destroyed forever.
  • All NPCs have unique personalities and desires, and their daily life is thoroughly simulated. Use this to your advantage to get interesting quests and juicy rewards. Or simply wait for them to go to work, break inside their house, and steal everything.
  • Express yourself without limits. Whether you prefer serving the Astralite clergy to fight against the heretics or spending every evening pillaging temples and burning sacred icons, you will be free to do as you want! Freedom is not limited to religious matters, but many different paths are available to you! Criminal mastermind, righteous hero, ruthless mercenary, wise archeologist, or even mail deliverer. We want you to be completely free in your journey!
  • Smash your enemies with an advanced yet accessible turn-based combat system! We worked on a unique combat system allowing you to experiment with Skills and Items combinations so that you will get new gameplay possibilities when acquiring new gear. Feel free to find overpowered combos and destroy everyone stupid enough to fight you!
  • Use an advanced stealth system to do anything you want! Stealing? Check! Assassinating? Check! Breaking and entering? Check! Smashing a window to get inside Marco's house and steal his secret diary only to discover that he is a spy from an enemy settlement, triggering a unique quest that will allow you to deal with him? Quite specific, but still, check!

Aemar

Arcane
The trailer itself is thoroughly uninteresting, unlike that feature list.

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer
Thank you Infinitron for posting about the game!

As the Steam page says, we are working on an overly ambitious title and we are desperately trying to deliver everything that has been promised. Will we underdeliver compared to our initial expectations? Definitely. Will it still be good and interesting? I think so, in the last months we added many interesting systems and the game is coming out nicely. A little rough here and there, but we can definitely deliver something interesting.

Why just 3 person party?
Because the person who did the video only made a party of 3, but we're still undecided between 4 or 5 people.
The trailer itself is thoroughly uninteresting, unlike that feature list.
I agree, the next one is going to be done by professionals. Still, we're trying to find a way to convey how the game works without having a 10-minute boring video.
View attachment 41060

So only dwarves allowed? Nice.

:smug:
I am short, I need to work on games with short people in them.

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer
Actual sandbox, or procgen garbage?
There is no procedural generation, but some details are generated when starting a new game, based on models made for characters, places, and stuff like that. Levels like settlements or dangerous locations are handmade and unique, but some of their content can change in different games.
Quests and events are based on templates and dynamically altered to reflect the current context.
We currently have no plans for a procedurally generated world, but it is something we may consider in the future.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I didn't know it was possible to create more annoying character models than Kerbals or Prison Architect but apparently it is.

Could be still a good game despite aggravating aesthetics, like Rimworld.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
OwNathan

Game and features sound interesting, but I would also suggest rewording "advanced" in your game description.

• advanced Record & Relationship system
  • advanced character editor
  • advanced yet accessible turn-based combat system
  • advanced stealth system

Any more advanced I would expect your game to be able to do my grocery shopping for me. :-D

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer
OwNathan

Game and features sound interesting, but I would also suggest rewording "advanced" in your game description.

Any more advanced I would expect your game to be able to do my grocery shopping for me. :-D
I believe you fail to grasp how advanced the game truly is. I feel like I should add more "advanced".

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
OwNathan

I believe you fail to grasp how advanced the game truly is. I feel like I should add more "advanced".

You could also make it into a meme so you can name the sequel accordingly.

Advanced Dustgrave & Dungeons.

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer
sorry OwNathan, i liked ICY but the aesthetics of this one are too sterile-cartoon for me
The overall looks are getting improved and are already a little better compared to the trailer, but they'll still have this cartoon style. Only some minor tunings are possible on the player side, like removing the outline.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom