Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons of Eternity VR

Mortmal

Arcane

Dungeons of Eternity is a VR dungeon crawler that looks pretty much like the trailer, at least. You hack-and-slash your way through randomly generated dungeons with friends or solo, and feel the visceral impact of your attacks with a good physics-based combat system, which is rare enough to mention. You can customize your avatars with many cosmetics found in the dungeons (not bought with real money) and get plenty of randomized magic weapons, such as area-of-effect hammers and vampire daggers, as well as perks to enhance them.

However, don't expect much character depth, as the game focuses on the action and exploration. It can get a bit repetitive after a while, but the co-op makes up for it, especially given the game's low price.

Overall, if you're looking for a fun and easy-to-pick-up VR dungeon crawler, Dungeons of Eternity is worth checking out. Just don't expect to be blown away by the story (there's none) or character development.

Poseidon00

Arcane
Liking the addition of things like beholders and things that attack you from the sky, like the fact that you can ragdoll enemies off cliffs, liking the aesthetic and I generally enjoy games of this type in VR.

Not liking the fact that combat doesn't look like it has much in the way of physics to it. Until you Fall has become the standard for me, I want to feel the weight of my blows or the weight of my weapon in some capacity, and I want to see that effect when I hit.

I want devs to start adding a little more RPG to these things. I want AI companions, shopkeepers and NPCs to talk to, random things to do in the city, etc. This isn't hard and VR games have no excuse to go so bare bones all the time with the high price of entry you have to pay to play them to begin with. Add some details, show what makes VR really stand out, advertise it as the unique medium it is.

Mortmal

Arcane
We all wish for that. What you are describing is something like a new Skyrim VR, and obviously, no one is doing it, nor are they going to do it anytime soon.

Poseidon00

Arcane
We all wish for that. What you are describing is something like a new Skyrim VR, and obviously, no one is doing it, nor are they going to do it anytime soon.
Even games like Dungeon Knight VR have provided that in a more limited capacity, and just having the bare minimum like they did having one small overworld felt like a breath of fresh air. It doesn't have to be as expansive as that, devs aren't even trying in the VR space right now. Hopefully that changes with all this investment in new VR hardware going on

PompiPompi

Man with forever hair
Patron
Developer
RPG Wokedex
I can't stand games with glowing neon visuals, especially if they are not even Sci Fi.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom