Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

Codex Year of the Donut
Wizard is easily the most powerful class I've played so far now that I know how to play it. I'm basically unkillable even on low reapers unless I take a ton of damage in a small timeframe.
Unless you want to play EK, go Palemaster. Archmage sucks, the capstones are shit. AM would have to be far, far better than it currently is to compete with what Palemaster offers at the top of its tree let alone its capstone that lets you run two death auras at the same time.

Gnome/Deep gnome is easily the best wizard race btw. There's no way anything competes with color spray.

Sykar

Arcane
Yeah but DG costs money or a lot of time though. Drow is easily gotten in comparison and humans are good wizards for a first life. Archmage Warforged can work, too. High con and basically self heal spell makes them good at sustain though have worse DCs.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Night Revels is back. Woo hoo. Unfortunately, like last year it looks like it is causing problems right now with DDO. Everything was major buggy at first but they managed to fix it up after a few days last year.

There is tons of great stuff to farm during this event. I'm personally going to go for the Crystalled Eternity Great Club since it is immune to getting damage from slime and rust monsters. Also, lots of Ruby's of Ghostbane. Going to have to create some bank toons just to hold some of this stuff.

Helton

Arcane
The key drop rate is kind of wonky. First time I ran the quest got 6 keys, second time 1, third time 0. That quest is kind of shit so getting 0 keys is a major turn off.

Wish I had used my first 6 a bit better but I was under the impression they were easy to get. Ended up repeating two quests to run with someone. The actual challenges were fun, pretty fast, good xp. Was entertaining to revisit old quest sites. I died on the Caolescnece Chamber one, but I've never run that quest so not too surprising. The number of mages + archers in the ascending chamber completely overwhelmed me.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
The number of mages + archers in the ascending chamber completely overwhelmed me.

Ah yes, I remember that one. The trick to that one is to learn how to use the air boosts to get to the top of the chamber in one go. If you try ascending it normally you just get overwhelmed with mages and archers, plus it takes forever.

It takes some practice but eventually you get the hang of it.

Also, when doing the quests do them at the level you are at. The amount of extra candy you get from doing the challenge at a higher level than you are is negligible.

Reinhardt

Arcane
HAR HAR HAR! Missed last shared bank sale because i was lazy to farm points, and now it's on sale again. And even 5% cheaper than usual!

infidel

StarInfidel
Developer
Strap Yourselves In
I died on the Caolescnece Chamber one, but I've never run that quest so not too surprising. The number of mages + archers in the ascending chamber completely overwhelmed me.
Grab the blue orbs until you get High Jump, then step on the nearest jumper and you pretty much hit the ceiling immediately. The trick is to land near the door.

When they were doing the whole free quest coupon till the end of August, I was hoping what they would do is make all the quests included in the coupon free to play after the promotion was over. Then everything released after the coupon would be stuff you had to purchase. That way new players wouldn't feel intimated with all the content they have to buy or feel like they were forced to go VIP.
I think they're afraid that that would devalue the VIP. If all the content is F2P, then why would you pay for it?

I went solo rogue on Wayfinder up to 19 and then decided to take a break, 140 hours of seeing no one started grating on me. So I rolled an Arcane Archer on Thelanis aaaaaand, well, now I'm in a guild and running low reapers with random people and one guy who plays actively with alts. The game got way more social but it looks like nobody is playing on anything less than Elite. This is where it gets annoying. I tend to not remember where the damn traps are plus as usual I'm super squishy. The tempo is so much rush-rush-rush, gj, cya. Oh, well, there's still plenty of content to do solo when I feel like it.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Fucking gaem stole my points. Finished final tier of wolf hunting but didn't get promised 35 ddo points!

Reinhardt

Arcane
but they claim in this thread they have discovered and fixed this issue.
Nope.
If your still having issues you should post in this thread and let them know.
Well, there is another small problem. Because i registered on their fucking forum only yesterday because of this issue, i can't post on it yet.

I give them 2 more days. If they don't gib me my points until current sale ends i finished with this game. As i've said before - game is not bad but service is terrible. I'm too old to play on some shitty pirate freeshard.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
I give them 2 more days. If they don't gib me my points until current sale ends i finished with this game. As i've said before - game is not bad but service is terrible. I'm too old to play on some shitty pirate freeshard.

It would be a different story if you could spend money on the game, but with them refusing your steam wallet the only way you can get points is through favor. And missing this favor and possibly missing the sale I can't say I blame you.

Reinhardt

Arcane
In a few months i played the game they

1. Refused my money.
2. Week or so of terrible lags causing mass deaths on hardcore server.
3. Wiped month of progress on one of their servers.
4. Current situation with points.

Too much shit.

Lhynn

Arcane
Thats how they run things. Got a problem? Go play the other DnD themed mmo.

maxresdefault.jpg

Reinhardt

Arcane
Thread on their forum already derailed by some fags bitching about some friendlist bugs. And i'm still waiting for my points. And still can't post on their forums.

Reinhardt

Arcane
It's not just points. They said they fixed shit but i see they don't. Why would i play if i don't even know if i will get rewards for next tier.

And not just welfare. Monster Manual is still broken too. And it's from their store.:keepmyjewgold:

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
No points, still can't post. Well, whatever.

If your looking for something D&D related I recommend Pathfinder: Kingmaker. I was told it was buggy at launch but they seem to have fixed all the major issues. Wait for it when it is on sale and get it dirt cheap along with the DLCs. Worth every penny.

I was playing it until I got back into DDO this summer. I'll have to pick it back up again as it was a ton of fun.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom