Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeon Siege III Screenshots

Felix

Arcane
image_dungeon_siege_3-13506-2047_0001.jpg

image_dungeon_siege_3-13506-2047_0002.jpg

image_dungeon_siege_3-13506-2047_0003.jpg

image_dungeon_siege_3-13506-2047_0004.jpg

image_dungeon_siege_3-13506-2047_0005.jpg

image_dungeon_siege_3-13506-2047_0006.jpg

image_dungeon_siege_3-13506-2047_0007.jpg

image_dungeon_siege_3-13506-2047_0008.jpg

image_dungeon_siege_3-13506-2047_0009.jpg

image_dungeon_siege_3-13506-2047_0010.jpg

Yes, I post this in GRPGD, inb4 butthurt
:M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't think I've seen a more generic looking setting since Dragon Age.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014

Extremely irritating lights.

All the lighting effects in those look fucking horrible, like the artists are just jizzing all over the screen and forgetting they're making a fucking GAME that you're supposed to play. Same with the magic/skill/weapon effects or whatever, looks like yet another game that will be an almost unplayable blob of flashes without mods to almost completely remove said effects.

Chaud

Novice
Contrary to what most Codex posters think ... I do not think the screenshots are trash/horrible/banal/shit.

Still, in no way they are the 8th wonder of the world, as some sites claimed. Supposedly, this would not be the "strong point" of the game? (Ironic, as we are dealing with Obsidian.) If so, I have no idea of what are the weaknesses.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
My eyes!

NWN2 spell effects all over again, only in overdrive this time.

Achilles

Arcane
It looks good, but I'm pretty sure that these are PC screens paraded around as 360/PS3. I'm also suspecting a fair amount of photoshopping.

Morkar Left

Besides the lightnings it looks good for me. Maybe a good engine for an Ultima IV remake? :D

Felix

Arcane
Hoaxmetal said:
Zed said:

Extremely irritating lights.
Reminds me of those constant godawful light flashes in the Star Trek movie.

Nathaniel Chapman said:
Those are projectiles launched by those skeleton guys in the corners. They're actually pretty mean because they track you very slightly, so you have to dodge around them while fighting stuff in the center of the room if you don't take out the guys on the corners.

One thing we've found with enemy spells is that it helps to make them a bit "over the top" visually so that the player notices them in the heat of combat.

I say they look better than Dragon Turd II

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
So... this is supposed to be the OMGSOAWESUMLOOKINGFAPFAPFAP DS3 engine? Looks pretty generic to me.

Felix said:
Nathaniel Chapman said:
Those are projectiles launched by those skeleton guys in the corners. They're actually pretty mean because they track you very slightly, so you have to dodge around them while fighting stuff in the center of the room if you don't take out the guys on the corners.

One thing we've found with enemy spells is that it helps to make them a bit "over the top" visually so that the player notices them in the heat of combat.

it helps to make them a bit "over the top" visually

Felix

Arcane
Meh, action games usually do tricks like that and they always over pretty quick.

Extremely generic, as everyone has been saying - though I kind of thought that was par for the course for that series. 'Dungeon Siege' doesn't exactly scream 'original setting and story-driven crpg': more like 'we couldn't be bothered thinking of another name, but here's a Diablo dungeon crawler'.

I do think the screens look pretty and well-designed, despite the generic setting.

zeitgeist

Magister
Azrael the cat said:
Extremely generic, as everyone has been saying - though I kind of thought that was par for the course for that series. 'Dungeon Siege' doesn't exactly scream 'original setting and story-driven crpg': more like 'we couldn't be bothered thinking of another name, but here's a Diablo dungeon crawler'.

I do think the screens look pretty and well-designed, despite the generic setting.
Well yeah, Dungeon Siege setting, gameplay, spells, etc. were always pretty generic. I don't know what everyone was expecting, it's just another "click on enemies and watch your numbers rise" timewaster "RPG". Not like they'll suddenly go all cerebral and whatnot on us. Looks decent as such.

Twinkle

Liturgist
The tech seems to be better than I expected. Definitely beats D3 or DA2.

However, Obsidian won't be Obsidian without fucking things up. You see, isometric hack'n'slash is not a first person shooter. Overdone postprocessing effects like DOF or bloom only make models less noticeable which is a big no-no for that kind of a game. Monsters and heroes blending with the environment is a major mistake. Blinding player with flashes is another one. It seems that players will have to actually disable "new shit" effects to get a better understanding of what's going on which negates the whole point of having pimped up engine.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
WHY IS THE WOMAN WEARING HIGH HEELS IN COMBAT

It's so fucking retarded when games do that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom