Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeon Siege III DLC announced

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
After the patch, you don't even need a gamepad. Played it twice with mouse and keyboard and I never had any control frustrations (after rebinding their absurd keyboard setup of course).

Dark Matter

Prophet
Roguey said:
I've played The Sith Lords, NWN2 and all its expansions, Alpha Protocol, and New Vegas, and I enjoyed DS3 more than any of those and it's not even that good, just decent (as a brawler, it fails as the action-rpg it was marketed as). Sad, isn't it?
That you have such bad taste? Yeah.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
Dark Matter said:
Roguey said:
I've played The Sith Lords, NWN2 and all its expansions, Alpha Protocol, and New Vegas, and I enjoyed DS3 more than any of those and it's not even that good, just decent (as a brawler, it fails as the action-rpg it was marketed as). Sad, isn't it?

Even though I'd agree in many cases that Roguey has bad taste. From all Obsidian games thus far DSIII HAS the best core! gameplay. (And is actually somewhat fucking challenging at times).

Shannow

Waster of Time
IronicNeurotic said:
Dark Matter said:
Roguey said:

Even though I'd agree in many cases that Roguey has bad taste. From all Obsidian games thus far DSIII HAS the best core! gameplay. (And is actually somewhat fucking challenging at times).
*haddock*

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
.....challenge..to stay awake? What the fuck? The whole game rely so much on abusing ranged attacks, or in Lucas' case, spamming the life leeching bleed from range and fucking around in melee as you spend those power on Self Heals. Fuck that core mechanics. There's the barest of difference between his shield and 2handed sword styles that I fucking ignored his shield completely.

This game doesn't even deserve a DLC.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
RK47 said:
.....challenge..to stay awake? What the fuck? The whole game rely so much on abusing ranged attacks, or in Lucas' case, spamming the life leeching bleed from range and fucking around in melee as you spend those power on Self Heals. Fuck that core mechanics. There's the barest of difference between his shield and 2handed sword styles that I fucking ignored his shield completely.

This game doesn't even deserve a DLC.

Even if that made sense its still better than any previous Obsidian game.From KOTOR2s shitty mechanics to NWN2s shitty mechanics to APs horrible mechanics and finally to F:NVs FO3 mechanics.

Also that only really works if you play gunchick and max out heartbreaking shoot + flintlock fury. Otherwise your glorious tactic is wasting tons of time and drawing fights out. Of course you would get fucking bored this way.

And this doesn't work on some bosses anyway.

.... Though, of course I didn't realize you played on casual.

:smug:

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
I see they're adding in a retard mode.

Finally, players will now have the ability to reallocate points spent in Proficiencies and Talents, enabling changes to character customisation throughout the campaign.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Granted I only played the demo but the only redeeming aspect of the game was the combat mechanics (and yes ranged characters were much easier to play). Everything else was mediocre to horrible.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
Dicksmoker said:

Finally, players will now have the ability to reallocate points spent in Proficiencies and Talents, enabling changes to character customisation throughout the campaign.

People bitched. Like, a lot.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
IronicNeurotic said:
Dark Matter said:

Even though I'd agree in many cases that Roguey has bad taste.
My taste is 99.99999999999999999999% better than the average storyfan who thinks taking some dumbed down awesome button Bioware/Bethesda shit and slapping Obsidian on the box makes it an "awesome RPG" or a "good game" instead of a "shit game with entertaining writing and selectable dialogue."

Dicksmoker said:
This is like that thing Sawyer was talking about. Plus they're adding in new abilities and it would be annoying to have to start over to use them.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
I got this for $24 in some Amazon deal a few months ago. Still haven't opened it.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Probably not that annoying considering the DLC won't be more than three or four hours long. Isn't the base game like... twelve at most?

ChristofferC

Magister
Metro said:
Probably not that annoying considering the DLC won't be more than three or four hours long. Isn't the base game like... twelve at most?
Around 12 on hard, 10 on medium.

ortucis

Prophet
Fucking waste of Legion story with Dungeon Shit tag.

Original DS games had shit story/characters and Obsidian did the series a favor with DS3 by actually making it all more interesting than DA2 (but not NwN2 level quality.. still, better than DA2).

Anyways, bought the game hoping for some good expansions so yay for a.. DLC.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Original DS games had shit story/characters and Obsidian did the series a favor with DS3

:lol:
You gotta love consoletards.

My hack'n'slash doesn't have a good story!
Obsidian plz fix it and also cut out that retarded shit called gameplay

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
ortucis said:
(but not NwN2 level quality.. still, better than DA2).
I hope you mean Mask of the Betrayer and not the OC or Storm of Zehir, because those two are much worse when it comes to writing and content. I could only see someone preferring them if they really like party-based games no matter how shitty they play, or enjoy passive experiences almost completely devoid of player skill.

MetalCraze said:
Aren't the first two well-known for literally playing themselves? DS3 requires quite a bit of hand-eye coordination on hardcore mode. I'd say it's roughly comparable to Devil May Cry 3:SE on Normal (with only a fraction of depth unfortunately). Not Bullet Hell hard, but still very involving with a small margin of error unless you're pumping stamina.

Stinger

Arcane
lol

Wait what...of all the things Obsidian improved on with DS3, it was definitely the gameplay.

Dungeon Siege was that stupid interactive screensaver where everything just played itself and you could go out and make a sandwich and by the time you got back your characters had done all the questing for you.

Sure Obsidian got rid of party management but the actiony combat was far far superior to that stupid crap that was in DS1 and 2. It's pretty tough so you can't just spam the same attack over and over again else you'll just get mauled by all the enemies. At the same time you can't just kite around till your health regens. You have to be really aggressive but also know when to retreat to get a better position on the map- it's heaps fun even though it could use a lot more depth on the skills/character building side (as well as the maps being more than corridors). The core mechanics are actually pretty good.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
Roguey said:
ortucis said:
(but not NwN2 level quality.. still, better than DA2).
I hope you mean Mask of the Betrayer and not the OC or Storm of Zehir, because those two are much worse when it comes to writing and content. I could only see someone preferring them if they really like party-based games no matter how shitty they play, or enjoy passive experiences almost completely devoid of player skill.

If we just look at the plot its probably only behind MOTB and KOTOR2.

ortucis

Prophet
MetalCraze said:
Original DS games had shit story/characters and Obsidian did the series a favor with DS3

:lol:

:retarded:

I bet you think Arma has better storyline and gameplay than Street Fighter.

MetalCraze

Arcane
By asking whether gameplay and storyline of a shooter and a beat'em-up can be compared ortucis obviously means that hack'n'slash is the same thing as a book.

riptide

Scholar
Free Dungeon Siege 3 DLC keys here. You have to register to get it. 1336 available at the time of writing.

Achilles

Arcane
Metro said:
I guess the console sales were high enough to justify it.

It doesn't really matter. We all know by now that DLC is just parts cut from the game to release later. Even if the game sold poorly, they still have to release it since they already made it.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
Alexandros said:
Metro said:
I guess the console sales were high enough to justify it.

It doesn't really matter. We all know by now that DLC is just parts cut from the game to release later. Even if the game sold poorly, they still have to release it since they already made it.

We know that how? Fallout NV DLCs (With exception of Dead Money where it overlaps) were all produced later. And please don't deny it. Otherwise there would be some conscipracy going on since outside contractors like say, Blindlight, put wrong dates in their resumees (Not to mention nearly all DLCs have fuck all to do with the Mojave).

In this case I have actually a connection to a guy who "worked" on it. It overlaps too but was still worked till august (as far as he knows)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom