Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

dune 2 extended

Exmit

Scholar
Playing dune 2k , i've searched for dune 2 and hey ! i've found out that dune 2 is actualy being modded

joinsardaukartj8.png

sd2bannerkr6.jpg

attack015.png

Dune 2 eXtended is a spin-off of the Dune II mod, Super Dune 2. Just like SD2, Dune 2 eXtended allows to command the "new" factions: the Mercenaries, the Fremen and the Sardaukar.

The mod is aimed at providing lots of new content from new graphics to a completely new storyline stretching across 3 campaigns. The ultimate goal of the project is to fully exploit the abilities of Dune II, and make a game that is enjoyable and challenging to play. The entire to-do list includes:

* new menu graphics
* new animated Mentat screens
* new briefings and Mentat information
* new campaigns with various missions
* scenario, AI and other fixes

Currently, the following features are completed:

* main menu title screen
* side selection screen
* "Do you want to join side X?" dialogue
* faction profile/introduction text
* new player ranking system that uses the actual rank names from the book, instead of all those "desert mongooses" and the like
* fully animated Fremen and Sardaukar Mentat screens ("recycled" images from Cryo's Dune)
* new planet/herald images for all new sides
* a fully playable Demo campaign
* modified tech trees and new units
* a more powerful AI
* new briefings and Mentat descriptions (in progress)

http://forum.dune2k.com/index.php?topic=19696.0

made

Arcane
Ain't that Duncan from Dune 1?

Come to think of it, that must be where they got their inspiration for the Centauri haircuts in Babylon 5...

Tails

Arbiter
Good stuff, the same guy made unofficial patch to vanilla Dune2, that fixed serious bug and made game more challenging.
made said:
Ain't that Duncan from Dune 1?
Si senior. SDune uses few sprites from Dune 1.

Exmit

Scholar
DraQ said:
Isn't Super Dune 2 not exactly new? I remember hearing about it when Win95 was still teh new shit.

super dune 2 is old , but this is dune 2 extended

Awor Szurkrarz said:
But is it true to the novels?
probably not , dune 2 wasn't either with ordos

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It's not working for me - it hangs forever after starting. All the other mods of that guy, including the update to the 1.07 official patch and the update to super dune 2 are working, but the "Extended Demo" is not. A pity, i really wanted to delete the dune and super dune 2 folders from my dos collection. (sd2 is very inconsistent in terms of interface)

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
DraQ said:
Isn't Super Dune 2 not exactly new? I remember hearing about it when Win95 was still teh new shit.
it was kinda half-assed back in the day. this one looks more complete.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Has anyone got it to work?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom