Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dread Delusion - retro open world action RPG - now available on Early Access

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
shitty trannycolour-coded game made by trannies to would-be trannies
mtf transgenderism is a social contagion and it's spread by games like Dread Delusion

like the handkerchief code or hanging around that one specific park bush to signify one's into the rough trade, troons signal to each their malfunction with PS1 grafix unity games and autogynephilic boomer shooters

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
The Clockwork Kingdom Update
42cf8996385149c8d3e199bd725b2bf1eb266a4c.png

THE CLOCKWORK KINGDOM

For the first time since entering Early Access, Dread Delusion has got a whole new major region: The Clockwork Kingdom.
The ominous clanking of gears can always be heard in this cold, desolate place, for the Clockwork King has spread its perverse machinery and violent automation across the land.

This update adds the largest island yet. Along with a vast dystopian city, hundreds of characters, and five unique quests.

be9d40fdc09eb53dc674094a2e6ac6b55bf2031b.png

THE CITY OF FERROPOLIS
The sprawling city of Ferropolis is home to the Clockwork King and its countless denizens who toil to do their monarch's bidding. It's easily the most detailed, content-rich city yet seen in Dread Delusion.

• Densely populated, Ferropolis is packed full of NPCs, items, and secrets.
  • Hit the shops! Trade wares on the black market or indulge in Bottled Visions from the upper city.
  • Visit the Missing Persons Noticeboard; can you track down a child who has been erased from memory?
  • Go before the Clockwork King in the Great Machinarium. Will you serve the mad King? Try to redeem him? Or orchestrate his downfall?

1e94521aca4beb9928310bbad168cbcaf67e1cd7.png

MAIN QUEST - THE SEARCH FOR CAXTON FROST
While the notorious sky pirate Caxton Frost seems to have vanished, in the mountains, you meet a curious man named Horace, who seems to have lost his memories. Could he hold the secret to finding Vela's old comrade?

• New main story quest that spans the whole Clockwork Kingdom.
  • The journey to recover Horace’s memories will take you into the depths of the corrupted lands and through his dreams.

78bfece1e9d244d81eebbe83de92ed391d487a90.png

THE CORRUPTED LANDS
The King's magic has twisted reality itself, turning this place into a surreal nightmare festering with abominations of the flesh.
  • Travel to the Lost City of Progress, on the furthest end of the island. This new dungeon offers a devious challenge to those willing to brave its streets.
  • Piece together the City’s history and recover the exquisite artifacts abandoned there

024d07544a7d01333d6c3893f08aa6c0f0b5d7ff.png

SAFE PASSAGE
Simply getting to the Clockwork Kingdom is not without difficulty, for the gatebridge on the eastern edge of Hallowshire is closed tight.
  • A new quest will see you befriending the enterprising young sky trader Mikhail. Could this be your way in?
  • Find Mikhail's skiff at the dock along the bluffs at the edge of Hallowshire’s eastern farmlands.
9f7f2e9ea64950218f913056021fe77d1e854e9e.png

Patch Notes

Major:
  • New Region: The Clockwork Kingdom, complete with the sprawling city of Ferropolis.
  • New Quest: Sky Pirate Caxton Frost. Find Vela's old comrade in this lengthy new main questline.
  • New Quest: Madness of the King. Decide the fate of the Clockwork Kingdom in this expansive region quest.
  • New Quest: Missing Persons. Discover a mystery behind one of the many disappeared persons in the kingdom.
  • New Quest: The Vision Trade. Imbibe bottled dreams in this new sidequest.
  • New Quest: Safe Passage. Gain entry into the Clockwork Kingdom via Mikhail's Sky Skiff in eastern Hallowshire.
  • New Dungeon: The Lost City of Progress sits on the southern tip of the Clockwork Kingdom, rife with enemies.
Miscellaneous:
  • The journal map has been updated with new landmarks and landmasses in the Clockwork Kingdom.
  • Changed the way cutscenes are presented (now with a larger border).
  • Players may notice a new type of building in every major town, which cannot yet be accessed...
  • New islands have appeared on the fringes of the Oneric Isles, that cannot yet be accessed.
  • Added new visual effect when enemies die
  • Added a new player housing unit in the Clockwork Kingdom.
  • Added a new Erudite Academy teleporter
  • New NPCs have been added
  • The console log now shows game 'Facts' as well as normal debug log entries.
Bugfixes:
  • Tweaked the death respawn system. Players should no longer be able to unlock a region's death respawn point by falling to their death underneath the landmass.
  • Fixed numerous text errors in item descriptions.
  • Tweaked the triggers around useable objects, making it less likely that players can interact with objects through walls.
  • Fixed a bug that was preventing enemies from moving through large doors.
  • Fixed a bug that was causing the game to load incorrectly when switching to a different save file from the menu.
  • Adjusted enemy positioning and fixed some navigational issues
  • Fixed a bunch of footstep SFX types not registering correctly on certain textures
  • Minor geometry and prop adjustments

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Are the devs for Dread Delusion actually loony troons that stuck their mental illness in the game or is that just a kneejerk reaction to the kind of game it is and looking across the street at the Lunacid dev becoming totally unhinged and turning his game into propaganda?

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Are the devs for Dread Delusion actually loony troons that stuck their mental illness in the game or is that just a kneejerk reaction to the kind of game it is and looking across the street at the Lunacid dev becoming totally unhinged and turning his game into propaganda?
I don't think the author is mentally ill, he just attributes the success of games like Morrowind and Legacy of Kain to the weirdness of the setting. More weird equals more success.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
ffs, you people
but then why bother, when you lots can't recognise subtle tranny shit, there's no "thanks for telling us, bro" when it's revealed later with obvious tranny shit

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
Version 0.7.3.6 Update + 1.0 Information
Hello fellow Delusionites,

We want to take a moment to thank our players for their constant support throughout early access. There is exciting news we would like to share regarding the development of Dread Delusion!

As we inch closer to the full release of the game, and with the team hard at work making sure everything is ready, as a result, barring any major bugs, this will be the last hotfix until the 1.0 release. More information, including the release date of 1.0, will be coming soon.

Patch Notes

Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed a bug that was causing Aphra's mirror to break.
  • Fixed a bug that would stop certain dialogues from closing prematurely.
  • Fixed a bug that was allowing you to steal from a Clockwork Kingdom shopkeeper in the daytime.
  • Fixed a bug that was preventing players from crouching.
  • Fixed a bug that was preventing players from entering the second Clockwork Kingdom moving factory.
  • Fixed a bug that was causing the poison spell to infinitely cast.
  • Fixed a bug with an incorrect collision at the Lost City of Progress.
  • Fixed the teapot not having any animations that appears in the Clockwork Kingdom.
  • Fixed a room in the Clockwork Kingdom that, when lockpicked, contained nothing.
  • Miscellaneous bug fixes
  • Minor texture changes

Please note that save data will be wiped come 1.0’s release. (Well, not technically wiped, your old save data will be preserved, but the game will use a new set of files for save data tracking. If you’d like to use your older save files when 1.0 hits, all you’d need to do is overwrite the new file slot with the old one. There’s a high chance that this may cause issues with your save, but we wanted to leave that option available for players).

We also wanted to leave our players with a preview of the dangers that they will face in the Underlands come 1.0:

6ede6a05f59c5a5515d67c28200f23ab9f9f8a64.png

a8a585db30b3d650e8312ef3e0f32f6b9d96d577.png

41fd1103d4aa16cb9a71219c39b8892d35bd5bf8.png

Harthwain

Magister
Got myself misled by the Steam reviews claiming the game is like Morrowind. While it does have similar setting vibes, gameplay-wise it's more like an action-adventure game with some RPG elements. There is not much depth in anything.
It is like Morrowind in terms of weird setting and exploration (while visually looking like Daggerfall).

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I've dreamed of janky worlds like this. Exploration looks interesting in it can branch all over (assuming the devs are consistent and not lazy) There probably should be a bit more destructive obstacles/furniture. I see a barrel/box/chair... i wanna break it. I see a barely thatched section of roof BREAK IT.

Steam only I take it?

One thing he said in the beginning was about mapping, islands crashing into each other and world constantly changing. Is that just lore or an actuality? Is the world entirely destabilized and ever-changing? It could probably do with explosions and earthquakes if that is the case.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
I've dreamed of janky worlds like this. Exploration looks interesting in it can branch all over (assuming the devs are consistent and not lazy) There probably should be a bit more destructive obstacles/furniture. I see a barrel/box/chair... i wanna break it. I see a barely thatched section of roof BREAK IT.

Steam only I take it?

One thing he said in the beginning was about mapping, islands crashing into each other and world constantly changing. Is that just lore or an actuality? Is the world entirely destabilized and ever-changing? It could probably do with explosions and earthquakes if that is the case.
it's all bullshit

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
So, just descriptive narrative window dressing with no in-game effect? Dandy.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Nothing like that happened whenever I played it a few years ago, and I highly doubt it changed since then.

frajaq

Erudite
I need to remind myself to play this game, since last time I played was in early access some time ago, the style of the game really calls to me..

Odoryuk

Educated
This game grew into quite an unique experience over the time and it is entertaining to play, but I'm still sour the developers marketed it as a King's Field spiritual successor, this game is obviously not that. Same with Monomyth.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
This game grew into quite an unique experience over the time and it is entertaining to play, but I'm still sour the developers marketed it as a King's Field spiritual successor, this game is obviously not that. Same with Monomyth.
I don't think either of these games have ever been said to be "King's Field spiritual successors" beyond maybe Monomyth having "inspired by King's field, et. al" in its descriptor...

Odoryuk

Educated
I don't think either of these games have ever been said to be "King's Field spiritual successors" beyond maybe Monomyth having "inspired by King's field, et. al" in its descriptor...
Oh, they were. I followed Dread Delusion almost from the very beginning mostly because the developers mentioned King's Field a lot. And Monomyth's logo lettering copies King' Field logo to a T.

At least I have Lunacid, a game were developers didn't namedrop KF only because FromSoftware are immensely popular now.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Do ya'll think DD is a good game for the explorer-fag? Is there a lot of OCD search and find? Are there lots of nooks and crannies to explore?

Eisen

Learned
Both Dread Delusion and Lunacid have an artstyle that i hate it. It isn't "ugly" as King's Field

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom