Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Drakensang goes gold

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Drakensang

<a href="http://www.krawall.de/web/Das_Schwarze_Auge_Drakensang/news/id,31882/s,,c">According to some Germans, Drakensang has gone gold</a>. Here's the google translation:
<br>
<blockquote>Fans of classic role-playing foods can raise. As the publisher dtp today announced that, "The Black eye: Drakensang" reached the gold status and is on his way to stamping plant. Thus, there is now a concrete release date: On 1 August, the title from the German forging Radon Labs. A detailed impression of the game you can <a href="http://www.krawall.de/web/Das_Schwarze_Auge_Drakensang/preview/id,29806/s,,c">with the help of our preview</a>.</blockquote>
<br>
RPG foodies rejoice!
<br>
<br>
Thanks <b>thesheeep</b>!

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Guys in case you didn't know this, I broke out the ancient manuscripts and apparently Drankensang means Dragon Blood in Ancient Mesopotamian. I didn't want you guys to miss it.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
And still no word of an english publisher... I think I'm going to download this and see if I can remember anything of my high school german.

FrancoTAU

Cipher
We have enough Germans on here, so hopefully we'll know if it's any good. I'm not expecting anything as good as the original trilogy but if it matches most of the recent Euro RPGs than I guess i'm happy.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I never played the original trilogy, so what interests me is that the devs claimed to be making a Baldur's Gate clone.

I guess I should fire up dosbox and try those old games, if they are as good as everyone says,

Shoelip

Arbiter

Uz0rnaem

Scholar
I like how krawall always tries to be both, funny and informative, but ends up being neither.

Ze Dschörmäns said:
Hat man sich nämlich an die gestelzte Sprechweise erst mal gewöhnt, hat es durchaus seinen Charme, wenn man an allen Ecken und Enden auf Wörter, Formulierungen und Begrifflichkeiten stößt, von denen man schon längst vergessen hatte, dass es sie gibt.
Guess the game severely lacks in the "Autsch! Argh! Würg! Wichs! Furz!" department. What a letdown.

Anyway, the game looks alright in general, but they make the combat sound like it's an extremely passive Click&Watch experience. I really hope that's just because they suck at describing things. They do point out that it's not primarily aimed at casual gamers, though, and that it's not on the same level as Oblivion, or Mass Effect, whatever that means.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
DarkUnderlord said:
Thanks <b>thesheep</b>!

I'm okay with people misspelling the nick in forums, etc.
But in a newspost?! Shame on you!

And.. yes, there WILL be an english version as stated by several devs I ..erhh.. know. But I have no idea when, who'll do the translation and what publisher.
On Radon Labs'homepage, you can see Anaconda as publisher, but looking at the impressum on their homepage, that seems to be a subcompany of dtp (the German publisher).

Saxon1974

Prophet
Looking forward to this game (The English version), so I hope it's good and not too much in lost in the translation.

Germans please let us know what the game is like when you gets your hands on it.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Saxon1974 said:
Germans please let us know what the game is like when you gets your hands on it.

Definately!
But I won't be able to when it comes out due to my study. It will have to wait until late August or September, so most likely I won't be the first to write a review :)

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Full translation of announcement from RPGWatch:
  • It’s time: The German version of the RPG “Das schwarze Auge: Drakensang” (Drakensang: The Dark Eye) has reached its Gold status after several years of producing and the discs are now being pressed.

Next to that Publisher dtp entertainment is comfirming August 1 2008 as the release date for Gemany, Austria and Switzerland. Exactly on the release date both the standard and the limited collector’s edition will be on the store shelves.

The standard edition, which will kost 49,99 euro (USD 79, AUD 82, GBP 40) will also contain the DSA rule book 4.0 as PDF.

Buyers of the limited collector’s edition (59,99 euro, USD 95, AUD 98, GBP 48) will receive a complete fan package: The high quality book cover, having the look of a dragon’s skin, will contain the game and several extras, and the exclusive DSA tin miniature “Lindwumtöter” (tapeworm killer), which no DSA-fan can do without and isn’t available anywhere else. Furthermore, the noble book-box contains the epic original game soundtrack by Dynamedion and the DSA audio book (on seperate discs), which will guide your leap into the Drakensang world perfectly. The fourth edition of the original DSA rule book and a leather map of the Aventurien world will make the introduction into the world of pen and paper complete, even for beginners.

Only 10.000 copies of the limited collector’s edition will be available.

Dtp entertainment AG have done their very best in creating a high-quality and authentic setting for DSA:D. As mentioned before, many of the featured characters in DSA:D will be voice acted. Some of these will be known from the voice doubling of Hollywood movies. One of those is Torsten Michaelis, who normally dubs the voiced of Wesley Sniped and Martin Lawrence in their movies.

Apart form him, Charles Rettinghaus, who is known for his dubbing of LeVar Burton in the German versions of the Star Trek movies, will make an appearance. Dietmar Wunder, the German dubbing voice of Daniel Craig (James Bond) and Adam Sandler, will be part of the Drakensang crew.

Fans of Gothic rock and medieval music also see their needs met. In DSA:D the voices of six of the most famous medieval musicians can be heard, amoung those Martina Sofie Nöth (Amber), Brandan Pötschokat, lead singer of the band Cultus Ferox, „Teufel“ (devil), lead singer of the band Tanzwut (dancing fury) and musicians from Saltatio Mortis.

In producing DSA:D dtp entertainment and developer Radon Labs are realizing exactly that game, RPG fans have been waiting for a long time. Drakensang is the first RPG system in twelve years, that makes it to a PC game.

DSA is Germany’s leading Pen and paper RPG system. The story to Drakensang was developed in coaction with DSA P&P writers, through which authenticity is guaranteed. Connoisseurs of the DSA world will feel right at home and will miss out on nothing. Thanks to the most modern technologies , the world of Aventurien is revived on the PC in breath-taking 3D graphics and a keen eye for authentic detail.

Dtp entertainment will publish DSA:D on August 1 2008.

thesheeep said:
DarkUnderlord said:
Thanks <b>thesheep</b>!
Pfft.. Says the man who had it as "TheSHEEEP" when he submitted it. Where are all those capitals now, huh?

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
DarkUnderlord said:
thesheeep said:
DarkUnderlord said:
Thanks <b>thesheep</b>!
Pfft.. Says the man who had it as "TheSHEEEP" when he submitted it. Where are all those capitals now, huh?

Well.. maybe I was drunk when registering on the forums... maybe I just don't deserve the capitals here :(

Anyway, good thing you found an english source ;)

Claw said:
Clearly, you're mistaken. It's your nick that is misspelled. :P

In soviet russia....

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Just noticed:

DarkUnderlord said:
  • voice acted. Some of these will be known from the voice doubling of Hollywood movies. One of those is Torsten Michaelis, who normally dubs the voiced of Wesley Sniped and Martin Lawrence in their movies.

Hahahahaha ;)

dizney23

Novice
Drakensang

Where can I buy this game and download it online? I cant find it anywhere. Please help. I am in Canada.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2

notnats

Novice
Elwro said:
bezimek said:
Arem said:
Also dozens of new screenshots showing the main features of Drakensang...

Omg, packt die Taschentücher aus.
schließe mich an...sehr, sehr nett! das sind die besten und interessantesten screens, die ich in meiner gesamten spielerlaufbahn je gesehen habe.
:lol:

:cool:
:cool: indeed. I wonder what the guy would say if Tessera made a mod for Drakensang.

Looks like Silicon Valley to me.

Dyspaire

Cipher
Well, after playing the demo for about an hour now... I have to say it's pretty sweet so far.

Sort of like a single-player Wow, or NWN2 with a good camera and much better combat.

I love the mythos... Das Schwarze Auge is one of those rpg systems one admires from afar... while it's no doubt dumbed down considerably here, I was really, really enjoying what complexity there was. Compared to most games of late, the last hour felt like the first time I was playing a real, new crpg, in a long time.

The A/V was more than adequate... graphics were sharp (loved the view to the horizon) and almost story-book in their art direction... but very in-line with the more realistic fantasy of DSA. Voice-overs were surprisingly adequate; but it was the writing and dialogue for the quests that really stood out.

I was getting in to some of the story-lines right away... very decent translation too.

This was a nice surprise... it looked so good a year ago, but my lack of German had me wondering. I heard nothing but good things, but I'd been hurt before. (I'm looking at you, Gothic.)

It looks like this might do nicely until the mind-crushing disappointment that will be Dragon Age.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom