Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

Stoned Ape

Savant
That video looks like self nerfing thief with extra steps.
Pretty much, but part of what makes Wayfarer fun is trying out combinations of abilities and seeing what feel satisfying to play. Using the Spearhand's charge + teleport then mount ability feels really great, but once you're on a target you can only really spam regular attacks with it (which does a lot of damage, but gets boring after a while). Being able to change that up by going Warfarer and using another vocation's ability (in this case Thief) makes the experience feel less repetitive and gives room for experimentation.

Artyoan

Arbiter
Pretty much, but part of what makes Wayfarer fun is trying out combinations of abilities and seeing what feel satisfying to play. Using the Spearhand's charge + teleport then mount ability feels really great, but once you're on a target you can only really spam regular attacks with it (which does a lot of damage, but gets boring after a while). Being able to change that up by going Warfarer and using another vocation's ability (in this case Thief) makes the experience feel less repetitive and gives room for experimentation.
One other thing it can do is to switch to a staff and then use hover to get around for seeker tokens and treasures. Handy for exploration if you're not wanting to play a caster.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Speaking of Warfarer videos:

Cannot understand how some people might think that Elden Ring, or even The Witcher 3 like mentioned some pages back, have better graphics
I can understand and wouldn't contend the argument that their artstyle might be superior
But the techincal quality of the graphics?
No way

Man... I wish I already had a better PC...

:dealwithit:

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
One other thing it can do is to switch to a staff and then use hover to get around for seeker tokens and treasures. Handy for exploration if you're not wanting to play a caster.

Same with if you want to slot skills like Concussive Leap and Ye Olde Spearlungething or whatever the Spear guy's flying skill is called.

Even being able to just pull out a bow and snipe a flyer hovering out of range or being annoying is a QOL thing you won't get anywhere else as melee.

Zariusz

Arbiter
I think i explored whole world so i finally moved story past the coronation, i met that Menella and she said that if i agree to what she proposed i would be able to enter the city... Wtf? No city guard ever tried to stop me from entering earlier, at best guards would come to me and grovel some "what are you doing here" shit and leave, no threat music even. For most of the time i didnt even noticed those dialogue lines, besides this city doesnt even have a fucking gate, its just some open corridor with merchants and shit.
I wonder if its a broken feature, cut content or devs just forgot about it, Gothic like quest about finding a way to enter the city would be nice though we kinda have that with Battahl permit (atleast 4 ways: smuggling, mountain pass, coastal caves and legal permit, who knows maybe you can fly over the sea on a griffin or even a drake).

Also:
AQUDNo3.png

"forbidden from setting foot in the capital" my ass. Pawns make like 1/3 of population here, no consistency at all. I generally think that there are too many pawns wandering the cities and worldmap, with enemies constantly spawning, moments of peace and exploration are a true rarity.

Last edited:

Terenty

Liturgist
Dunno if anybody encountered that bug, but I was doing the amphora quest for Sphinx and the fucking amphora disappeared somewhere along the way and now I'm unable to proceed the quest in any way, can't fail, can't win.

Does anybody know if I'm fucked for good or there's a way to reset it somehow?

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Dunno if anybody encountered that bug, but I was doing the amphora quest for Sphinx and the fucking amphora disappeared somewhere along the way and now I'm unable to proceed the quest in any way, can't fail, can't win.

you seriously tried to drag that thing all the way to Bakbattahl? Holy shit I would have killed myself. If it doesn't reappear the only thing you can do is hope to kill the Sphinx. You should still finish the quest if you can kill her. There is a surefire way of doing it without her flying away.

Terenty

Liturgist

you seriously tried to drag that thing all the way to Bakbattahl? Holy shit I would have killed myself. If it doesn't reappear the only thing you can do is hope to kill the Sphinx. You should still finish the quest if you can kill her. There is a surefire way of doing it without her flying away.
Do I get to open the rest of her chests if I kill her?

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat

Do I get to open the rest of her chests if I kill her?
No but that doesn't stop you from finishing the quest. I'd try resting a bunch of days and see if it respawns. If it doesn't you're going to have to kill her, which isn't easy because I think she tries to escape at a certain point.

You could also load at Inn if you don't have one too far back.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
I think i explored whole world so i finally moved story past the coronation, i met that Menella and she said that if i agree to what she proposed i would be able to enter the city... Wtf? No city guard ever tried to stop me from entering earlier, at best guards would come to me and grovel some "what are you doing here" shit and leave, no threat music even. For most of the time i didnt even noticed those dialogue lines, besides this city doesnt even have a fucking gate, its just some open corridor with merchants and shit.
Sounds like a bug. I never had that problem.

Shinji

Savant
Started playing this game recently and I'm having a lot of fun. It's everything DD1 fans wanted for a sequel.

It's sad it got a hate campaign against it.
Almost everything people complained about weren't issues at all: lack of coop, Denuvo, fast travel, mtx... all insignificant complaints.

Even performance can't be complained about that much. I've managed to run this thing on my old PC with acceptable performance.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
There is no reason Capcom can't give us a proper NG+ within the next couple months. Teyon added a NG+ mode AND higher difficulty setting just a couple months after RoboCop: Rogue City's release. They're infinitely smaller than Capcom.

I expect proper difficulty adjustments within a month. There is no excuse.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron

Reload an older save, then, in order to solve this riddle,
use a ferrystone to teleport from the Sphinx to a portcrystal you've placed in Bakbattahl, pick up the necessary person, use another ferrystone to teleport to the portcrystal you've placed at the Sphinx's second lair, and put the person down by the amphora
. :M

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Is there any point in doing sidequests in NG+? The XP they give you is pretty trivial by then. I'm just wondering if there is hidden achievements for doing some a certain way. I aim to 100% the game.

Cheesedragon117

Educated
Jesus Christ, man. The Drakes need to be sent back to Basic Game Balance Class. They need to be taught that:

1. Spamming your stamina-drain roar and "I win" meteor spell back-to-back is not only tasteless, it's also unfair and puts the player in an unwinnable position.
  2. Fly-and-stomp attacks need to have consistent rules for how they hit. I shouldn't be parrying that shit perfectly sometimes and eating it other times, even with the exact same timing and positioning.
  3. There is more to a boss moveset then those three aforementioned moves looped over and over again ad nauseum. At least pretend you aren't aware you're in a video game.
  4. Flying and casting spells for minutes on end is not good exercise for the ranged pawns in the party. It just makes you look like a massive coward afraid of the Warrior Arisen hitting your exposed heart.
  5. Standing on your hindlegs to cast the aforementioned "I win" spell is kind of an dick move if hitting your exposed heart is the only way to stagger you out of it.
  6. Incessant trash talk does absolutely nothing but make you sound like LowTierGod. Manner up, asshole.
Such a shittily-designed boss. If you're intended to have all 3 pawn slots filled when fighting these guys, at least give a tutorial tip saying so. I wanted to have a light party for a bit, but am being actively punished, by not having the DPS required to take down these monstrosities. Usually I'm 2 healthbars short before I run out of everything.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Jesus Christ, man. The Drakes need to be sent back to Basic Game Balance Class. They need to be taught that:

1. Spamming your stamina-drain roar and "I win" meteor spell back-to-back is not only tasteless, it's also unfair and puts the player in an unwinnable position.
  2. Fly-and-stomp attacks need to have consistent rules for how they hit. I shouldn't be parrying that shit perfectly sometimes and eating it other times, even with the exact same timing and positioning.
  3. There is more to a boss moveset then those three aforementioned moves looped over and over again ad nauseum. At least pretend you aren't aware you're in a video game.
  4. Flying and casting spells for minutes on end is not good exercise for the ranged pawns in the party. It just makes you look like a massive coward afraid of the Warrior Arisen hitting your exposed heart.
  5. Standing on your hindlegs to cast the aforementioned "I win" spell is kind of an dick move if hitting your exposed heart is the only way to stagger you out of it.
  6. Incessant trash talk does absolutely nothing but make you sound like LowTierGod. Manner up, asshole.
Such a shittily-designed boss. If you're intended to have all 3 pawn slots filled when fighting these guys, at least give a tutorial tip saying so. I wanted to have a light party for a bit, but am being actively punished, by not having the DPS required to take down these monstrosities. Usually I'm 2 healthbars short before I run out of everything.
Drakes are punks dawg. I eat them for breakfast. One must simply... git gud.

Are you trying to fight them at level 20 or something?

Stoned Ape

Savant

You probably already know, but just in case you forgot remember that Warriors can parry the lightning spell to stay close, and sprint away when the Drake's about to finish casting meteor.

Eventually the Drake will land, until then try to sprint close enough to hack the tail with a leaping heavy or heavenward sunder/mountain breaker.

If you're having difficulty as a pure Warrior, you could make a trek over to unlock Warfarer then mix Warrior with Archer/Magic Archer. The Drake will annoy you much less when you can shoot it in the heart every time it takes the coward's route.

Once you get dwarven forged+dragon forged gear, Drakes become punching bags.

Anonona

Learned
If you have a mage with the silence spell or the grimoire "Prescribed Tranquility" to inflict said status effect, not only you can stop it from casting spells (you can wait for it to begin casting spells and silence them just before it can finish), if you do so when it is flying it will fall and open up for a critical strike

Last edited:

Stoned Ape

Savant
This is one of the 'safest' plays for Warrior vs Drake, especially as it's a no-pawn fight as a level 27 character with pretty poor gear:

He could have blocked the lightning spell instead of running from it and punished the Drake more after it cast, but this way is safer if you're not sure about the timing.

High-level Warrior with Mage Pawn which only uses heals/weapon enchants. Blocking Drake magick section at 6:56

abija

Prophet
Even being able to just pull out a bow and snipe a flyer hovering out of range or being annoying is a QOL thing you won't get anywhere else as melee.

Thief and mystic spearhand have no issues with flyers. Probably less hassle than using a bow.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
I'm warming up to warfarer. I didn't realize it could have up to 3 different weapons equipped (maybe more?). That's some absurb versatility. I added a staff to my arsenal along with daggers and bow so I can use levitate for those pesky tokens. Still maining daggers and all thief skills but I'm mostly using the medusa bow to power level.

I just used a shield to deflect Medusa's gaze and instakilled her. Epic.

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm warming up to warfarer. I didn't realize it could have up to 3 different weapons equipped (maybe more?). That's some absurb versatility. I added a staff to my arsenal along with daggers and bow so I can use levitate for those pesky tokens. Still maining daggers and all thief skills but I'm mostly using the medusa bow to power level.

I just used a shield to deflect Medusa's gaze and instakilled her. Epic.

You can have up to 9 weapons equipped. Literally one for each vocation or multiples for some of them and weapon + shield combos for fighter. It's more about which move sets you want and how many weapons you're okay with cycling through. You can spam through them very quickly though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom