Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
They have to be fed to brine. Simply killing them isn't guaranteed to get rid of it. I haven't heard anything about hot springs or curatives fixing it.

Hot springs just raises affinity and removes scars.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
They have to be fed to brine. Simply killing them isn't guaranteed to get rid of it.

You don't rez them after you kill them, you have to wait out their despawn timer. Technically with summoned pawns, you could just dismiss, but it's funnier to throw them off a cliff after they tell you to go fuck yourself.

Also, I think you should use spoiler tags. A lot of people still haven't played it who may be interested in doing that. The game hasn't been out all that long, really.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Also, I think you should use spoiler tags. A lot of people still haven't played it who may be interested in doing that. The game hasn't been out all that long, really.
What's the point? It was already trivial and now Crapcom is trivializing it further. This is only the beginning. They will start fucking with the quests and fast travel next, making sure you can't get locked out of anything. No retard left behind. This is the worst news I awoken to in a while. I said it pages and pages ago that the stupid mother fuckers would listen to all the wrong complaints. This is one case where I hate being right.

mediocrepoet

Patron
What's the point? It was already trivial and now Crapcom is trivializing it further. This is only the beginning. They will start fucking with the quests and fast travel next, making sure you can't get locked out of anything. No retard left behind. This is the worst news I awoken to in a while. I said it pages and pages ago that the stupid mother fuckers would listen to all the wrong complaints. This is one case where I hate being right.

With your hysterics, I think I get why you favour avatars that depict you as a woman. :lol:

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
I have every right to overreact. I'm watching my favorite game in years get torn to shreds by a shit developer trying to appease a bunch of half-wit losers who have no business playing this game. It was never made for them. There's a literal ocean of shit Ubisoft games for the retards to swim in (and hopefully drown in). They need to leave MY game tf alone.

Stoned Ape

Savant
In DDDA they gave me an Eternal Ferrystone, I just stuck it in storage and never used it. If Capcom do add unlimited fast travel I'd expect it to be much the same as that, anyway.

If people want to mess up their experience of the game it's up to them; it's a single player game and apart from the hacked pawns it doesn't effect my enjoyment of the game.

I'm sure there will be a mod to restore the current Dragon Aids we all know and love anyway, so that's not a problem for me either.

I am glad they're toning down the wandering pawns hawking themselves out, though. That can be pretty annoying.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
I am glad they're toning down the wandering pawns hawking themselves out, though. That can be pretty annoying.
Once on the climb towards Ser Beren's place I was attacked by a pack gobbos and when the battle was over the wandering pawn was right next to me and he immediately initiated the hiring dialogue
Threw that annoying mf cat right of the cliff

I think I'll be using this mod when I re-install DD2:
https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma2/mods/197

Last edited:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Seems the amount of mods released per day is starting to slow down
Still 600 mods and 3 million downloads in just under a month is pretty good for a game that was supposedly "protected" against mods - imo, if Enigma is indeed implemented into DD2 than it's to prevent hacked Pawns, I say this because mods that change Stat values have the risk of shadowbanning the user's Main Pawn from the Rift

These are the only two that caught my eye since my last post:
- Monster Infigthing
- Quick Save

I think I should make a thread for mods, instead of constantly posting them here, a dedicated would stand as a better "archive" and a more appropriate space for codexers to test and discuss them (specially which re-balance and gameplay mods are worth it)

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
I dunno man...
Hope they can fix it, but it could be an issue with the code - in which case it we probably aren't getting anything of the like...

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
So nothing changes in NG+? Enemies remain the same level, etc?

Oh my god pawn archers are fucking useless. This bitch just stands there when herpes attack. Never tried one before because I primarely mained archer classes in my last game. First and last time I ever hire one.

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Patron

Oh my god pawn archers are fucking useless. This bitch just stands there when herpes attack. Never tried one before because I primarely mained archer classes in my last game. First and last time I ever hire one.

Not sure why your luck is so bad, I like archer pawns usually.

Stoned Ape

Savant

It might be something to do with the skills they have set. I find that archer pawns with too many charge skills can be less useful against harpies.

Speaking of archer pawns, has anyone else spotted this Tiefling/devil wandering about?

20240419200306-1.jpg

You can't tell from this picture but she has what looks like a scaly texture on her shoulders (probably a tattoo, I guess?). Not quite sure how the owner managed to get his pawn a higher level than his Arisen, either.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat

It might be something to do with the skills they have set. I find that archer pawns with too many charge skills can be less useful against harpies.

Speaking of archer pawns, has anyone else spotted this Tiefling/devil wandering about?

20240419200306-1.jpg

You can't tell from this picture but she has what looks like a scaly texture on her shoulders (probably a tattoo, I guess?). Not quite sure how the owner managed to get his pawn a higher level than his Arisen, either.
Medusa bow. That's what it looks like she's holding. It grants 4x experience on a kill.

Suicidal

Arcane
Have I reached the place where they seemingly ran out of money again?

Got a quest to enter the secret magic laboratory to talk to some cunt. Guard at the entrance stops me and tells me that the place is off limits to non-researchers and I don't look like a researcher, which made me think I'll need to find a uniform or do more quests for the queen of the furries so she would allow me access. But after the dialogue I try to just walk forward and nobody attempts to stop me. I loot the entire place and make way to the cunt I had to talk to unimpeded. :lol:

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
So in order to be a warfarer I gotta waste a skill slot just to be able to quick swap weapons... that seems dumb. Really I only get 3 skills... what's the point?

mediocrepoet

Patron

20240419200306-1.jpg

Medusa bow. That's what it looks like she's holding. It grants 4x experience on a kill.
There's an xp boosting ring too.

Stoned Ape

Savant
Had this pop up on a news feed. WARNING: Argument by omni-retard alert!

https://gamerant.com/dragons-dogma-2-carrying-capacity-load-inventory-augment/
  • Dragon's Dogma 2, like many RPGs, includes a carrying capacity mechanic that can slow players down when exceeded.
  • The game offers various ways to increase carry weight and it seems odd that Capcom chose to include this feature as a result.
That's the fucking point, dickhead. You have to choose to sacrifice other things if you want to increase carrying capacity you idiotic tool.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom