Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Still on my first playthrough. :lol:

I just have very selective weaponized autism, but when it kicks in...

I usually think of myself as a combatfag, but the older I get, the more I think I'm actually (or am becoming) an explorationfag.
That's harsh. I only care about the reward you get for 150 tokens. After that I don't give a single fuck.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Still on my first playthrough. :lol:

I just have very selective weaponized autism, but when it kicks in...

I usually think of myself as a combatfag, but the older I get, the more I think I'm actually (or am becoming) an explorationfag.
That's harsh. I only care about the reward you get for 150 tokens. After that I don't give a single fuck.
I basically play almost everything as a blind completionist unless a game sucks in which case I'll either just drop it or start beelining the critical path. That way, after that, if I decide to check wikis later about mechanics or whatever, I never have to feel that I spoiled myself or wonder if I would've found something, etc.

It also helps me appreciate if something is cleverly hidden or designed. Besides, I pay for this stuff for entertainment, not just to check off titles like some people seem to. As it is, I got my money's worth out of DD and DD2 many times over. I'd probably multi-dip on this one too if it became necessary somehow, though I don't foresee the necessity at this point given that I started out on PC.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
The climbing physics annoy me a bit. I'm not saying you should be able to Skyrim your ass up every single mountain but the sliding is a bit ridiculous in spots. Was just trying to get to a trove beetle but my character refused to grab the ledge. And when I went for a running jump I managed to land on the ledge, but then she slides right off. IT'S NOT THAT STEEP! It's like her feet are smothered in lube.

mediocrepoet

Patron
The climbing physics annoy me a bit. I'm not saying you should be able to Skyrim your ass up every single mountain but the sliding is a bit ridiculous in spots. Was just trying to get to a trove beetle but my character refused to grab the ledge. And when I went for a running jump I managed to land on the ledge, but then she slides right off. IT'S NOT THAT STEEP! It's like her feet are smothered in lube.

Knowing you, they probably are. :lol:

mediocrepoet

Patron
I suspected as much, but now I know for sure: there are more than 220 seeker tokens in the world. I'm not sure what the exact count is, but the nice thing is you don't have to go crazy about it. Chances are if you didn't explore an area well/at all and go around there, you'll start finding some.

Shaki

Arbiter
I suspected as much, but now I know for sure: there are more than 220 seeker tokens in the world. I'm not sure what the exact count is, but the nice thing is you don't have to go crazy about it. Chances are if you didn't explore an area well/at all and go around there, you'll start finding some.
There is 240

mediocrepoet

Patron
There is 240
I'm relieved to hear that. When I had decided to start looking for them, noting that I had done it fairly randomly and hadn't been paying much attention to where I was grabbing them - I figured either there were more than you needed in the world or that I was going to go mental trying to sort it out. :lol:

Like figuring out that you only missed one of the first ones in the starting area, 150 hours later. :lol:

mediocrepoet

Patron
Finders token was no big deal. I just pulled up the Fextralife map of all tokens, started north of Melve and worked my way down. Found it at the 4th or 5th spot I checked.

I really like the sphinx, it's a cool design, even if the quests are cancer.

Yeah, that was the only quest I cheated on because I had no idea and was like: This one's kinda bullshit. :lol:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
The Sphinx pisses me off. If it wasn't for that top half I'd have cooked her on a campfire by now.
TqpsXkx.png

Zariusz

Arbiter
The Sphinx pisses me off. If it wasn't for that top half I'd have cooked her on a campfire by now.
TqpsXkx.png
:abyssgazer:

They really did design and animate her well. It'd creep me out every time she came towards the Arisen in dialogue.
Yeah, this moment is reinforced by her face morphing to have more bestial features, in my opinion its her eyes that are doing the most of work here. Those eyes and especially eyelids look inhuman, more like they belong to some bird.
Also it just got to me that she has no eyebrows, completly, another uncanny part to her look. In other words its a great design and i wonder if someone tried to recreate her face in character creator.

mediocrepoet

Patron
Yeah, this moment is reinforced by her face morphing to have more bestial features, in my opinion its her eyes that are doing the most of work here. Those eyes and especially eyelids look inhuman, more like they belong to some bird.
Also it just got to me that she has no eyebrows, completly, another uncanny part to her look. In other words its a great design and i wonder if someone tried to recreate her face in character creator.

Eyes, pupil movement, that weird fucking smile. She's creepy. The first time I was like: This thing is going to eat me!

Yeah, great moment. I like her colouration too and how her animal bits both blend together but are clearly not quite right, e.g. mystical looking peacock feathers, eagle wings, etc.

Cheesedragon117

Educated
I had my first NPC "incident" yesterday. Random guard at the very bottom of the well in the Forbidden Magick Research Lab, I talked to him, normal NPC chatter, closed the dialogue, I don't know what happened but he just went for me! I am a Warrior, so needless to say, he gets knocked down, Stonesplitter to the chest, finish. I still have no idea what provoked him to attack me, aside from the fact that I hadn't talked to the head scientist yet, everyone else in the lab is still completely passive, even as you rifle through their treasures.

I get knocked down by the next guard that comes down the stairs (it sucks that you can't resist arrest unless you have the Thief's safe landing ability), sent to the gaol and.... obviously, the gaol being the entrance to the Lab, I'm only a few meters from where I just was. Escape was a very mind inconvenience. Hilarious that my first "accident" that triggers the Wakestone tutorial, happened to be in the exact spot where a full Wakestone is sitting just a few feet away, inside the dragon skeleton. I gave the poor fellow a second chance, and he didn't aggro again. A waste of a Wakestone? Perhaps, but I'm a perfectionist, and I was paranoid about softlocking the main story questline by screwing with the NPCs in that area.

I must admit I'm starting to lose the plot a bit with this game. Why am I collaborating with the evil scientist guy that wants to use pieces of my predecessors' FRIGGIN' SOULS to forge a magic WMD? Isn't that a bit of a bad idea considering his obvious connection to the Phaseus dude? I only wanted to know how to counter the Godsway, I don't remember anyone telling me that plan was to waltz into the throne room with a bigger, badder Godsway to overcome the fuckboy Sovran's version. Doesn't that just make me look like the bigger fraud? Am I going along with this just because some previous (and crazy) Arisen king thought it was a cool idea? What if the scientist guy decides to stiff me and take over the world with his super-Godsway? Seriously, WHY am I helping this guy?!?! Perhaps the oracle can help clear all this up...

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat

Eyes, pupil movement, that weird fucking smile. She's creepy. The first time I was like: This thing is going to eat me!

Yeah, great moment. I like her colouration too and how her animal bits both blend together but are clearly not quite right, e.g. mystical looking peacock feathers, eagle wings, etc.
The voice acting and dialogue are top notch as well. Very cool villain. It's just some of the riddles that annoy me.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
The statue riddle is fucking me. I know for an absolute fact I've completed 7 riddles but she keeps telling me I'm wrong. I completed 4 of the first 5, and 3 of the second 5. Do the statues all have to be placed on the platform? Maybe it's a trick question and I have to complete the 8th for it to work? I'll try that.

Omg
the stupid bitch counts the riddle that you failed. That's some bullshit.

Edit

Ding dong the witch is dead.

Last edited:

Stoned Ape

Savant
I think my pawn caught Dragon Aids the other day so I brined her (along with the other two, because one of them kept telling the other one to stop being so impulsive and running off all the time).

My pawn kept saying suspicious things during fights such as she could feel an incredible power that made her feel invincible and other slightly off comments that she hadn't said before so into the brine she went.

Brining my super-trusting and still obedient pawn made me feel really shitty, but I feel much better now I've taken her to get a new haircut and then had a trip to the onsen. Thankfully she's stopped saying creepy shit so overall it's a win.

I've started to think that most pawns over level 70 carry some stage of aids, so now I stick to hiring pawns between level 55-65 because less of them seem to.

As a precaution I've forged a few Eternal Wakestones just in case a town gets killed because I hire a late-stage incubator without any of the obvious tells such as red eyes. Unlike regular Wakestones an Eternal forgery works. They do cost 30k each, but I do feel a bit safer now I have a stockpile of vaccine.

mediocrepoet

Patron
The statue riddle is fucking me. I know for an absolute fact I've completed 7 riddles but she keeps telling me I'm wrong. I completed 4 of the first 5, and 3 of the second 5. Do the statues all have to be placed on the platform? Maybe it's a trick question and I have to complete the 8th for it to work? I'll try that.

Omg

Edit

No, she counts finding her in the new shrine as a riddle. You can see it in your quest log, so you should think of it as the first 6.

Yuber

Novice
Finished it now after 80 hours.
It was WAY too long. The first 40 hours was very fun and enjoyable, but then it dragged on too long.
This makes the game not replayable for me sadly. They need to add more monsters in the next one or make it much shorter.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat

Omg

Edit

No, she counts finding her in the new shrine as a riddle. You can see it in your quest log, so you should think of it as the first 6.
I counted that, and the total was 7. I had to make it 8 because she wanted me to count the finder token riddle I failed. I looked it up, somebody else had to do the same. Could be a bug.

Shaki

Arbiter
Finished it now after 80 hours.
It was WAY too long. The first 40 hours was very fun and enjoyable, but then it dragged on too long.
This makes the game not replayable for me sadly. They need to add more monsters in the next one or make it much shorter.
Nah, I dragged my feet getting to the ending to make it last longer, went full completionist even getting all the tokens, and when finally finishing it after ~120 hours, I still didn't have enough and was super sad it ended. Now I don't even feel like playing anything else for at least a week, because nothing seems like it'll be able to get close to the fun I just had. It was a loong time since a video game made me feel like that, usually I get these feels only after finishing some great book series. DD2 truly is a one of a kind experience. Hope there will be a massive DLC soon.

Zariusz

Arbiter
Is it possible to get all grimories for Trysha quest after using them all for that other magic quest? I only have second "Nation Death Kneel" grimoire.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom