Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Man those collapsed cut content gates are getting even more annoying, i even had npc dialogue from Vermund gate guards that mentioned queen sending them in search for some weird sealed gates. I wonder if data miners are already working on this game.
Capcom gotta eat, man. Without all that cut content (that they'll later repackage into DLCs), they'd go hungry.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Despite the combat missteps and weak enemy variety I'm still having fun with it. The tiny world was my main issue with the first game so this is a big improvement. I enjoy exploring the world while the HP system and dark nights mean planning around camping is important. Adds a nice level of tension and rythym to the game.

The two big takeaways from this game for me are the party and job system. Western devs never do party-based action games, and they won't do a flexible class building system. It's always gotta be single character and skill points. Lame.

Capcom gotta eat, man. Without all that cut content (that they'll later repackage into DLCs), they'd go hungry.
Literally every game ever made has cut content you goon.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
One for our German posters, as found in the rift.
0FEBB1919B09980D72D103C8421813D671E6E1F4

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
However, I still found more agile creatures annoying to deal with.
I've heard that weirdly Warrior can face tank a shitload of damage from singular foes, but the moment you have multiple opponents he can be quickly knocked down

If this is true then how the hell does knockdown damage work?
You have knockdown resistance on armor. It's basically hyper armor while your skill is charging to full power.

Take any heavy armor + Dwarven smithing + Ring of Resolution (or other rings) = Knockdown resistance over 800, maybe over 1000

Mettle + Apotropaism + Intrepidity and you can basically tank anything in the game. Anything.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Does being able to swim really matters that much in Starfield? Haven't seen anyone praise it for its swimming mechanics or underwater gameplay
there is no underwater gameplay in Starfield because Bethesda did not implement diving. You can only swim on the surface.

Still lack of even such limited ability is pretty lame in Dragon's Dogma. Yes, I agree it would require some effort from the devs. But the concept of brine is just a lazy cop-out.
If you could swim I'm pretty sure you could go straight to the final area of the game from the very beginning in like 20 minutes or less. I'd have to pull up the map but I'm fairly certain.

Edit

Yeah you could. Might take a bit longer than 20 minutes. I suppose they could have swimming drain your stamina to prevent that. Long story short swimming would be pointless in DD. It would trivialize alot of the exploration.

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

giphy.gif

I'm finding the pussy Drakes in this game infuriating. Knock them down to around 2 bars of health and they chicken out and fly away. There seems to be no way I can stop them from escaping so no matter what I do I've not been able to kill one.
Wings shredding helps a bit, but it doesn't stop them from fucking off. I agree it's annoying, but your best bet is to keep them flailing and melt them as quickly as possible. Shred wings if you can, but otherwise focus heart and head. High knockdown attacks on its head will tend to knock it over, hitting the heart can knock it over and of course does more damage.

If you think it's going to take off, try and grab onto it and position where you can hit the heart and start wailing on it. There's a decent chance you can kill it before it knocks you off and flies away.

Stoned Ape

Savant
So, Ravenour's Hond (upgraded ability that converts stolen life into stamina) allows the Mystic Spearhand to keep up their shield indefinitely when fighting anything with a large health pool by cycling between the two skills. That pretty much makes the whole party invulnerable as long as they stay in range of the Arisen when they use the skill.

I wish it wasn't possible. Spearhand really did not need a way to keep a continuous shield up without spending resources.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
I gotta beeline it right to the Trickster vocation or I'm gonna fail this gay ass Sphinx riddle. Spent hours looking for that dumb token. Literally NO ONE is gonna remember where they picked up their first token. Fucking Capcom, crazy assholes. I even used a map to try and find it. I found a bunch that I missed but not the original.

Shrimp

Arbiter
I gotta beeline it right to the Trickster vocation or I'm gonna fail this gay ass Sphinx riddle. Spent hours looking for that dumb token. Literally NO ONE is gonna remember where they picked up their first token. Fucking Capcom, crazy assholes. I even used a map to try and find it. I found a bunch that I missed but not the original.
Same thing happened to me. I scoured through all of Vermund trying to find it but eventually ran out of time. Much later on when I had unlocked Trickster for the seeker token sensor I ended up coming across it in the one place I (apparently) had overlooked. I wonder if the token carries over to NG+ so I can cheese the quest if I ever do another playthrough.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
So, Ravenour's Hond (upgraded ability that converts stolen life into stamina) allows the Mystic Spearhand to keep up their shield indefinitely when fighting anything with a large health pool by cycling between the two skills. That pretty much makes the whole party invulnerable as long as they stay in range of the Arisen when they use the skill.

I wish it wasn't possible. Spearhand really did not need a way to keep a continuous shield up without spending resources.
Playing as a Mystic Spearhand, I killed a drake/dragon without taking any damage, and mostly protected my pawns who would similarly have been invulnerable if they had always remained close enough for "Mirour Shelde" to be applied. It wasn't even necessary to replenish stamina with "Ravinour's Hond", at least not often; my Arisen did get plenty of attacks in himself. Also, the "Dragoun's Stabbe/Foin" skill is great for immediately closing the distance with an enemy and can even elevate the Arisen to reach harpies (or enemies that just happen to be on higher ground).

Not sure about the best skill for the fourth slot, though. :M

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
I remember my first token like it was yesterday.
Did you literally find your first token yesterday?

I know the general area that I found mine in, but it's a fairly big area. It includes the capital. The token maps are kind of useless in city areas.

Jinn

Arcane
Did you literally find your first token yesterday?

I know the general area that I found mine in, but it's a fairly big area. It includes the capital. The token maps are kind of useless in city areas.
No, I found it on release day. It was by the statue in front of the waterfalls when you're on the way to Vernworth for the first time. It was a very memorable discovery not only because of the location, but because of the new collectable content being introduced.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Same thing happened to me. I scoured through all of Vermund trying to find it but eventually ran out of time. Much later on when I had unlocked Trickster for the seeker token sensor I ended up coming across it in the one place I (apparently) had overlooked. I wonder if the token carries over to NG+ so I can cheese the quest if I ever do another playthrough.
If I decide to do NG+ I'm screencapping the fucker's location.

sser

Arcane
Developer
I didn't even bother with the token. Once it said find your first one I just shrugged and said whelp ya fucking got me and that was that. I think it's okay that you whiff on content now and again. Don't think there is anything super seriously detrimental in missing it, though I did like the Sphinx as a character.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
My quest for the final armor before end game :)

Eldricite can be obtained only in end game although there are reports that a foraging pawn is finding something around Sacred Arbor. Bullshit.

I've spent hours trying to find this shit but in the end I had to cheese it by summoning a trade pawn.

1st option: 5 Ferrystone for 1 Eldricite. Xander is a great piece of shit. Greedy fuck.
5CE00F7564B21776C91DFB4B7CCC9C03CE4C5AA6

2nd option: 1 Ferrystone for 1 Eldricite. This was acceptable. Also Mindy was cool as fuck.
FD1E1EA4F067577D41B4A4B917E8A8668B7857AC

The missing link. The Forger can duplicate resources and they can be used without risks.
6062C2B6C6E0337C48C4BC825758710FF3C4782A

Finally my pawn is 100% upgraded. She is a sexy beast. Knockdown res over 1000 without any rings. Probably overkill.
82016648634BC6028C912D71B58C5844CB078579

But the quest is not over because the Sorcerer has an augment called Constancy - "Augments your Knockdown Resistance by 30%".

Well, I need to see that in action.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
That requires some luck. If you roll with spellcasters they can easily steal the kill from you. When you're going on long journeys it's weight can be a problem, even upgraded down to 6 kg. I suppose I could try calling the pawns off at the last second.
Just call off your pawns to get the last hit. Won't always work, but it'll do 99/100 times. It's not even that important for boss monsters, since they're only a small portion of the XP you get, it's mostly the small goblins and bandits that suddenly start giving 2k XP a pop instead of 500, and that adds up very quickly. You mostly kill those with just leftclicks anyway, so the extra stamina cost barely comes into play.
I just tried this. It wouldn't let me switch weapons during the fight. Are you supposed to run away from the fight so you can swap? This was against an Ogre btw, not normal enemies.

The missing link. The Forger can duplicate resources and they can be used without risks.
Is this true? I thought forgeries were useless outside of quest specific stuff.

Last edited:

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat

Yes. I just duplicated Eldricite 4 times. You just need to wait 2 days for the item.
Good to know. That will save me alot of time. I wish you could make forgeries of ferrystones that work. Those fuckers are getting to be very costly. I'm only using them because I'm running out of time on the stupid Sphinx riddle.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Yes. I just duplicated Eldricite 4 times. You just need to wait 2 days for the item.
Good to know. That will save me alot of time. I wish you could make forgeries of ferrystones that work. Those fuckers are getting to be very costly. I'm only using them because I'm running out of time on the stupid Sphinx riddle.

I duplicated a Ferrystone for the pawn quest reward ;)

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
I considered that but I think you need another character that's around the same level as your main one. I don't have the rift crystals to hire my pawn with a alt. That would require thousands and thousands. That exploit doesn't seem worth the effort.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I considered that but I think you need another character that's around the same level as your main one. I don't have the rift crystals to hire my pawn with a alt. That would require thousands and thousands. That exploit doesn't seem worth the effort.

You missed the joke. A duplicate Ferrystone is a dud but inattentive players would hire my pawn thinking that they will get a real Ferrystone. Duh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom