Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

Yosharian

Arcane
I really need someone to make a level 30 Mage pawn that has the right skills so I can just hire them and never dismiss them lol

Finding the right skills is proving very difficult

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Anyone got any useful and maybe not so clear tips about how to use the pawns?

No secret, but I just discovered that you can send the mage that can levitate to get loot that is high up. I liked that.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Apparently my laptop can run it and slightly better than my desktop - just had to update the nvidia driver and change the config file from DX12 to DX11

Honestly I am starting to get the suspiction the game was rushed by Crapcom corporats, just so they could get it out before the end of the fiscal year...

What's up with the skybox looking so bad, like it's poorly pixelated?
Volumetric clouds I think

The pawn commands
They're more reliable this time around

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Pigball

oa08rq.gif

Griffin airways

lqrcmo.jpg

Ultra wide Coast

lzx2nx.jpg

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Fighting a Wight as a Sorcerer really sells the Wizard fight god damn. It's damn shams that the mf brined himself. My loot man.

At least he use Maelstorm and it's fucking sick.

Elttharion

Learned
Apparently my laptop can run it and slightly better than my desktop - just had to update the nvidia driver and change the config file from DX12 to DX11

Honestly I am starting to get the suspiction the game was rushed by Crapcom corporats, just so they could get it out before the end of the fiscal year...

What's up with the skybox looking so bad, like it's poorly pixelated?
Volumetric clouds I think

The pawn commands
They're more reliable this time around
What are your specs and what performance you are getting in the game? Sorry if you already said that in the thread

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Think I will drop the health visualization. The game does a pretty good job showing how wounded/close to death a creature is with the cuts and such. Then you have the heroic music also, indicating when it is close to perishing. I kinda end up looking at that health bar way too much.

kites

samsung verizon hitachi
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
That soothing synth pad after a fight with a big monster is still so nice.. I just wish they were more aggressive. Going from fighter to warrior was a little rough; you lose a lot of speed and gap clearing moves (that upgraded dash-impale is nuts, I guess warrior has a heavier one too I’m just not using it). Now that I’ve ranked up the class, and got a big hammer/used to the slower timing - smashing n tossing enemies all over the screen feels good man

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How's the capital city this time around? Any good scope for rooftop jumping fun? Loved that part of Gransys.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Guess there is some NG+ specific stuff, at least I think it's NG+ because I haven't seen it before. Can't say how impactful it is yet. Could also just be lv 50+ stuff or some other trigger.

The Dragonforged has some new conversation options, including the Blessing, Improve Vocation, Improve Skill, and resetting Enhancements. These definitely weren't there 2 days ago in my first playthrough. These definitely weren't there before, so it's either NG+ stuff or Level 50+. Or because I hit level 10 in multiple vocations? Unsure.

6eWRy15.png

LjQfr2u.png

K4EHNcD.jpeg

0SyRlYb.png

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hahahaha this is the worst save system I've ever seen.
I lost like 3 hours of progress because I loaded an Inn save and it deletes your other saves.
Two bombs were not enough.
Well that's what you get for dropping throwblasts at an inn.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Hahahaha this is the worst save system I've ever seen.
I lost like 3 hours of progress because I loaded an Inn save and it deletes your other saves.
Two bombs were not enough.
There's a Steam review of a guy who lost his entire game's progress to that.

He only slept at an inn once at the beginning or something and just camped because it seemed cheaper.

When he finally died, he assumed inn was synonymous with camp in this context. It was not.

Shrimp

Arbiter
Guess there is some NG+ specific stuff, at least I think it's NG+ because I haven't seen it before. Can't say how impactful it is yet. Could also just be lv 50+ stuff or some other trigger.

The Dragonforged has some new conversation options, including the Blessing, Improve Vocation, Improve Skill, and resetting Enhancements. These definitely weren't there 2 days ago in my first playthrough. These definitely weren't there before, so it's either NG+ stuff or Level 50+. Or because I hit level 10 in multiple vocations? Unsure.

6eWRy15.png

LjQfr2u.png

K4EHNcD.jpeg

0SyRlYb.png
Seems like it's a way to enhance skills as you said. What about the other options?
I do wonder how they imagined you'd farm those things since from what I've read you don't actually have time to farm everything you want once you trigger the ending sequence. I guess you're just meant to sit around in the regular open world and farm everything you want before venturing into NG+?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
There is already a mod that lets you equip different set of skills that makes the game 99% better. Especially when i unlock warfarer somehow gonna blast them, stab them and fuck them all.

At thw same time kinda disappointed they really showed everything in the promi material. I have like 600 kills so far and lile 400 of them are goblins. So basically the regular enemies are still goblins, wolves, harpies and saurians. Like what the fuck?

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign

6eWRy15.png

LjQfr2u.png

K4EHNcD.jpeg

0SyRlYb.png
Seems like it's a way to enhance skills as you said. What about the other options?
I do wonder how they imagined you'd farm those things since from what I've read you don't actually have time to farm everything you want once you trigger the ending sequence. I guess you're just meant to sit around in the regular open world and farm everything you want before venturing into NG+?
All the options are the same, reducing Stamina cost on skill use, so it seems pretty boring. No clue exactly about the improved Vocations, I've put it on my main one for the time being, Archer, but I have leveled up a bunch of times and cant really tell if theres a difference.

As for the crystals, you can farm them a little bit, there's a bunch of dragons floating around and it seems you can halt the time limit in the post-game by just doing a single quest.

Game is definitely a bit too easy, skills like Augural Flare just instantly kill any opponent, including
Grigori
, in just a single cast. But there's already some mods out there that double or quadruple the HP for the time being, until they figure out some nerfs to critical strikes and certain spells/abilities I guess.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom