Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

notpl

Arbiter
Where tf was all this hate when Tears of the Kingdom came out? That game couldn't even run at 30fps ANYWHERE and everybody sucked it's chode.
We all emulated it at upscaled resolution, 60 fps and fixed the piss color filter and didn't notice.

m_s0

Arcane
You just described Early Access on Steam.
Well, yeah that is where the idea came from but that is currently almost entirely exclusive to PC indie titles and I am arguing that his should a universal standard for all games, especially AAA, regardless of platform.
Yeah, that's not going to work for games with studio-ending budgets that make the most of their sales right after release date, and even then aren't yet profitable or profitable enough.

Since this industry is inherently broken in every way possible what would probably happen in your scenario is that you'd have even more broken, unfinished and poorly made games (to justify the lower entry point) that would be even more broken vs what they are currently, and more aggressive microtransactions from the get-go despite the fact that the lower quality is offset by the price. That's for starters.

Sentinel

Arcane
RDR2 goes between actual open world and main missions that make you fail because you chose to move down the wrong side of a river. Garbage.
wtf does that have to do with the way it looks? RDR2 is an open world game, and it's still the best looking one out there. Looks way better than DD2, especially its lighting engine & landscapes.

ADL

Prophet
MNN8K6m.png

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
- All pawns have the personality and (probably) speech patterns of Mark Zuck.

- Have all of them chatter incessantly.

Why do they do this?

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
- Confused combat direction and combat fluidity
Looks like it one of these days when Steam users are able to show an objective criticism.
:nocountryforshitposters:
Can't get more objective than "My fucking game won't run".
Sure, but the idiot I singled-out in my post there is saying that he is a fan of the series and that DD2 combat design is bad and lack focus
It's literally the same combat system of DD1 and DDO

Yosharian

Arcane
Alright I am 3.5 hours into my playthrough and having an absolute blast. I'm starting off as a nobody who wears rags and slowly building myself into a force to be reckoned with. It's kinda fun.

Nobody wants to hire my pawn though =(

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
So is it gud?
It's DD1 but with more content and expanded combat mechanics (and a rebooted setting)

- All pawns have the personality and (probably) speech patterns of Mark Zuck.

- Have all of them chatter incessantly.

Why do they do this?
What you don't want to hear your pawns say "This looks interesting." for the 827th time as they pick-up a rock?
That's peak DD experience
Brine'em

Jinn

Arcane
The game is incredibly fun and pretty much everything I wanted from a DD sequel so far. I can't stop thinking about it and wanting to play more. It's a massive bummer it launched in such a technical condition and has the MTX drama dragging it down, mainly because this release should be a celebration of the game itself. I understand it, and really think Capcom dropped the ball. Wish everyone could have been able to enjoy the game without all the surrounding bullshit.

I myself will continue to enjoy the hell out of it. I only hope others will be able to someday too.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
At the end of my 5 hour session, scoured everything off the main path, smashed a few boglins, got ass raped by a cyclops, fallen repeatedly on my dick trying to jankily climb rocks. All in all, had a blast.

Game runs great on my 5 year old rig, 60+ FPS at 2K on High details. But shit dropped badly at the tiny starting outpost, I'm dreading the FPS once I get to the main city.

Best thing about it, shit is still outselling the "Very Positive" fugly lesbian simulator and has about 10x more concurrent players, even with barely Mixed rating. Aaaahahahaha.

Crayll

Liturgist
For anyone on Linux, someone on the Steam board found that the game was using their CPU's integrated graphics instead of the GPU. Adding this line to the launch options took me from 5 FPS on low settings to 60+ FPS on max.

PROTON_HIDE_NVIDIA_GPU=0 PROTON_ENABLE_NVAPI=1

No idea how Crapcom managed that one, but I can at least play the game now.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
really think Capcom dropped the ball.
Forget about it, that's a lost cause
Capcom is the Japanese Ubisoft when it comes to the corpo suits that run the company
Their only saving grace is that still have strong ips and competent devs
Otherwise their general reputation would be (deservingly) equal to Ubisoft

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
RDR2 goes between actual open world and main missions that make you fail because you chose to move down the wrong side of a river. Garbage.
wtf does that have to do with the way it looks? RDR2 is an open world game, and it's still the best looking one out there. Looks way better than DD2, especially its lighting engine & landscapes.
Yeah, I get you. I was more pointing out that who wants to play RDR2 other than consoletard game journos?

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Blind niggers. It's probably the best looking open world game I ever seen.
You need to play or look at Red Dead Redemption 2 lol. Or even Ghost of Tsushima. Dragon's Dogma 2 doesn't come anywhere close those two titles.
Okay, best looking open world fantasy ARPG. Better? RDR2 is a giant piece of shit. Checklist Ubisoft style game and GoT sounds similar. I don't play those kinds of games anymore.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Best global lighting and outside landscapes, especially forests, are still in Kingdom Come. RDR2 looks the best overall, including animation, characters etc.

Altho the nextgen'd Witcher 3 also looks p. fucking incredible with a few reshades. People also extoll Cyberpunk but I'm just not feeling it. I guess sci-fi just can't compete with fantasy worlds, it all looks too plasticky and artificial.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
MNN8K6m.png

And just like that, body type a and body type b from the character creation were forgotten. It's all for show.
It just occurred to me that all of us pawns are body type A! I wonder if that speaks to the Arisens's preferences...

Our party has grown, but there are no body type b's amongst us!

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
A question for the kollektive - supposedly there are "unique" rifstones, like the one by Beren, that allows me to summon unique pawns. Unique how? Hired a few, they seem a p. normal fare to me.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
A question for the kollektive - supposedly there are "unique" rifstones, like the one by Beren, that allows me to summon unique pawns. Unique how? Hired a few, they seem a p. normal fare to me.

Yeah, there are a variety...

Some have descriptors like they'll give you a selection of brawny built pawns, or ones with a personality type such as kind-hearted. Other ones will summon in a higher level pawn and give you the choice to summon them for free...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom