Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
I'm seeing a mixture of [Citation Needed]
The citation is watch gameplay footage
What does expanded grappling mechanic mean?
You can now push and pull enemies, plus there's moves that ingrate grapples (like seen here)
Or what do you mean by more enemy behavior and what ways does that improve the gameplay for me?
:hmmm:

I think it's self-explanatory...
Foes with low health can be dealt a killing blow when they are at low health is just a trendy mechanic in modern gaming.
When an enemy's HP reaches a certain threshold, you now get the chance to dispatch them at once but by performing an attacks that leaves you quite exposed
It's an addicitional risk/reward consideration for the combat, therefore a good addition
And such mechanics have existed since PS1 era at least
Will there also be an awesome animation of me killing the enemy each time I trigger it? I hate those.
Sounds like a you problem
More skills sounds good but as I already heard the magic dagger skills were removed from the MA and all I've seen in the gameplay vids are the same spells I was able to use in DD1 so everything I've seen is contrary to the claim that there are more skills in the game. I need something more concrete than "trust me bro it's gonna be awesome".
From all I've seen the Figther and Warrior vocations have an expanded range of combat moves, so I'm good :smug:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
dynamic difficulty is the biggest decline I have heard for a long time
It's great when done right. God Hand proved it.
I wouldn't say it worked particularly well in God Hand either. It just made the game harder until you got hit in the face a few times after which the challenge would be instantly downgraded. Or if you were a wussy you'd use the Roulette skill to drop your level down.
It did exactely what it needed to - it increased challenge and rewards, it encouraged a bold and cheeky playstyle

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
I played around with the character creator.

Looks like there's a breast slider and you can make an elf pawn.

:d1p:
The breast slider is intentionally nerfed. It fully supports huge breasts and flat chests, but you're locked off from making anything but a few middiling middle of the road options. Capcom hates you.
The fuck are you talking about, the slider allows big titties.
It only doesn't allow flat chests
So on the matter of bosoms, DD2 is: :incline:

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
The breast slider is intentionally nerfed. It fully supports huge breasts and flat chests, but you're locked off from making anything but a few middiling middle of the road options. Capcom hates you.
The fuck are you talking about, the slider allows big titties.
It only doesn't allow flat chests
So on the matter of bosoms, DD2 is: :incline:
And ass too don't forget the ass.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So the leaks from a while back predicting bad performance were right after all? Oh well, better wait a year (or two) then.

Suicidal

Arcane
Reports on performance are concerning.

People with 4090s can't get a stable 60 FPS, which makes me think the game will run at like 15 on my 3060ti.

On the other hand, I've often been able to run games that everyone said ran like shit on PCs that were much better than mine just fine.

Should I bite the bullet tomorrow or wait for performance updates.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Then how tf did the one guy have it running at 100fps? Somebody posted the video a couple days ago. Everybody says a stable 60 is impossible and a guy showed clear proof of it running at 100+

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Reports on performance are concerning.

People with 4090s can't get a stable 60 FPS, which makes me think the game will run at like 15 on my 3060ti.

On the other hand, I've often been able to run games that everyone said ran like shit on PCs that were much better than mine just fine.

Should I bite the bullet tomorrow or wait for performance updates.

The game is primarily CPU limited.

Suicidal

Arcane
Then how tf did the one guy have it running at 100fps? Somebody posted the video a couple days ago. Everybody says a stable 60 is impossible and a guy showed clear proof of it running at 100+
Maybe he was the only one who actually tinkered with the settings while everyone else just set everything to max and hope for the best? That's why I don't think that the reports paint a definite picture and am unsure.

Black

Arcane
You pitied the people who didn't get to live to see DD2 but they were the lucky ones.
Too late for repentance.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Maybe he was the only one who actually tinkered with the settings while everyone else just set everything to max and hope for the best? That's why I don't think that the reports paint a definite picture and am unsure.
It didn't go that indepth but supposedly it was 4K resolution + 100+fps.

Dyet

Novice
It's 100FPS outside the city while fighting a few goblins or running around, running at well below 1440p internal resolution on an RTX 4080. In Vernworth, the game is terribly optimized and CPU bound so no current CPU can prevent drops in FPS.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
It's 100FPS outside the city while fighting a few goblins or running around, running at well below 1440p internal resolution on an RTX 4080. In Vernworth, the game is terribly optimized and CPU bound so no current CPU can prevent drops in FPS.
It said 4K resolution.

Tyrr

Liturgist
When building a new PC a lot of people save money on the CPU to get the latest GPU.
I do it the opposite, so I don't the trust reports and will test it myself.

Dyet

Novice
It said 4K resolution.
He was using DLSS Balanced, which upscales from 2227×1253 to 4K. 1440p is 2560×1440, for reference.

Modern gamedevs really are a joke, they need to use DLSS and FSR as a crutch to make their games playable at all.
I do it the opposite
Same here, mostly because I almost never play AAA games and need the CPU performance for work.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Tomorrow bros

dd2-arisen.png

Shrimp

Arbiter
If Elden Ring's launch was to be of any indication it can feel like it comes down to a complete coin flip. The 1060 I had back then could run the game without any complaints but several people with 3000 series cards were reportedly experiencing issues ranging from slideshows to graphics related crashes on similar settings.

Drakortha

Liturgist
Hahaha, the game looks and plays like a PS3 game yet still runs like shit.

How's that ass feeling, Crapcom fanboys? Raped up the ass by your favorite publisher yet again. It's sad to see but clearly you must be enjoying it because no matter how many times Crapcom fucks up you keep coming back for more.

Game literally looked like a copy and paste of the PS3 game yet you all defended it from square one. You'd better not start complaining now.

Yosharian

Arcane
The game IS optimised, you just might have to upgrade your PC to run it. It's a next gen game!

/toddposting

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom