Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
I don't get the funny.
Here, this should make it simpler:

9x3dpo.gif

Last edited:

kalash19

Novice
in DD1, all archer classes are viable and fun as hell in soloing. Now, in DD2, single weapon classes are ranged or melee only, so the only hope for a soloing playthrough is Warfarer, and if even warfarer isnt viable in soloing, then this isnt the DD game i want.

Suicidal

Arcane
Releasing a game like this in 2024 without multiplayer is shameful, especially considering Dragon's Dogma Online was a thing.

I will wait for the PlayStation Plus version.
After playing Monster Hunter and various Souls-likes and Nioh-likes, I'll happily take the ability to pause the game over some forced pseudo-multiplayer components. Need to answer the phone in the middle of fighting some boss? Fuck you I guess.

Reject always online cancer, return to tradition.

Barbarian

Arcane
How was itemization and exploration in the original? Is there phat loot and are you rewarded for braving the map? On a scale of japanese loli retardation how retarded was the setting, story and characters?

I'm still not sure if I will like this, almost pressed the preorder button today but didn't. I will play the Alone in the Dark remake next but this might be on tap afterwards.

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
How was itemization and exploration in the original? Is there phat loot and are you rewarded for braving the map? On a scale of japanese loli retardation how retarded was the setting, story and characters?

I'm still not sure if I will like this, almost pressed the preorder button today but didn't. I will play the Alone in the Dark remake next but this might be on tap afterwards.
Exploration and itemization were fine. Good loot had to be grinded by doing dungeons/killing bosses though. Story is very grounded for a JRPG. Tbh, I would be more worried about Alone in the Dark being another complete trash fire just like every other game in this series.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Bad, no, and 5/10.

The original game skated by on really good combat mechanics, the way you fought large monsters and gradually unlocked an awesome skillset of your choice, tailored to your playstyle. The itemization was... terrible. Most equipment had no special properties at all, balance was terrible, and while exploring the world was rewarding in the sense of finding cool places and new enemies and characters; the loot was largely irrelevant. You might luck out and find a powerful weapon by going off the beaten path, but more likely you'll find a weapon for another class, or something that's a side or downgrade from what you have because whoever designed the items wasn't talking to the guy that wrote the damage mechanics and made split damage suck even worse than in Fromsoft games.

The story wasn't offensive in any way, and had some cool sidequests like befriending the bandits or forging relics to keep the real thing for yourself (only to be disappointed when you realize it's a worthless piece of crap). But the main plot is practically fantasy word salad.

notpl

Arbiter

Bad, no, and it didn't really have a story or characters.

Ezekiel

Arcane
It did have a story and characters. They were bad, made worse by silent protagonist. Thank character creation for that too. Worse than in the Souls games because the protagonist would stand there with a dumb face and silent reactions while everyone around them tried to act/interact in a cutscene.

Last edited:

Spike

Educated
in DD1, all archer classes are viable and fun as hell in soloing. Now, in DD2, single weapon classes are ranged or melee only, so the only hope for a soloing playthrough is Warfarer, and if even warfarer isnt viable in soloing, then this isnt the DD game i want.
Very interesting, I am glad you have played it and can- oh wait, you haven't played it yet because it hasn't even released?

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
Ignoring the Moreau freaks, all of those seem kinda... bland? Even with their decade old pixels, Mercedes or Madeline are head and shoulders above those designs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom