Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
TTN is about 10 seconds.
It has Denuvo.
Denuvo has only 5 activation per day, thus if user switches his graphic card, or do other stuff...
No gog version.
Morons Japanese should learn that games are digital art and theirs goal isn't profit but to make decent virtual word with great suspension of disbelief. And that doesn't include placing names of developers in big letters into the intro.

Also story seems crap.

BTW I don't wanna write any spoilers but from first few minutes it looks like: Do you remember about ELEX, and ELEX 2?

kites

samsung verizon hitachi
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Wasn’t Capcom nearly bankrupt like 10-15 years ago when the first game came out? They seemed to have switched to heavy monetization and customer disrespect like anti-tamper since then. I can’t think of many publishers of single-player games where you can buy points/orbs or costumes/items already unlockable in-game like DmC/RE/DD2. Companies need to learn a good SP game makes money off it’s own merit and scheming only hurts goodwill long-term. Leave that shit for MP trash.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Looking at the world map, the game world seems to be really big.

Here's an IGN preview.

No quest boards, no signs above NPC heads, and not many points on the map. You have to find your way with the help of descriptions, and maybe pawns pointing out stuff to you. Five vocations are available from the start. The others seem to be locked behind quests.

Sounds like prestigious shit. Also why do we suddenly care about map size? Elden Ring is fucking massive and all people do is bitch about everything being copy pasta. Size only matters when dabbling in dick, ass, and tits.

First game could have used a bigger map, but I'm not that four times bigger like in this is a good idea. I don't need huge maps in my games. Just reporting what is being said.

kites

samsung verizon hitachi
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I don’t care about the size but how dense and crafted it is. Miyazaki said with ER that proc-gen was their biggest asset; generate large spaces and then work with them. For me the sense of scope was cool, but it was too much and made it easy to game-ify (ie you’ll generally find 1-2 of each sort of structure in a space). From the previews of the two zones I hope there’s a ton of secrets and love and “dungeons” in them, because they both just look like different colors of jagged rocks to me.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
That's the problem with people these days. They think bigger = better. No it just means more empty space and alot of useless shit. I personally didn't think that was a problem for the majority of Elden Ring but the dungeons did eventually become repetitive to me and I started racing towards the end.

I don't think DD1's map was too small. It just needed more content.

I'd say the most recent Zelda did the best job of balancing size and density. The map is enormous but there's always something to discover. How meaningful the discoveries were depends on the person I guess.

kalash19

Novice
That's the problem with people these days. They think bigger = better. No it just means more empty space and alot of useless shit. I personally didn't think that was a problem for the majority of Elden Ring but the dungeons did eventually become repetitive to me and I started racing towards the end.

I'd say the most recent Zelda did the best job of balancing size and density. The map is enormous but there's always something to discover. How meaningful the discoveries were depends on the person I guess.
Nah, bigger map with more unique random encounter, more area bosses and more dungeons are what make Skyrim openworld great. I only talk about Skyrim here as the last good bethesda game.

Last edited:

kalash19

Novice
Nah, bigger map with more unique random encounter, more area bosses and more dungeons are what make Skyrim openworld great. I only talk about Skyrim here as the last good bethesda game.
Literally nothing you said describes Skyrim.
Random encounters in Skyrim happens like every 5-10 mins while traveling on world map, every area has some kinds of mini bosses (giant, bandit chief or sabre cat...) in nearby camp or in random encounters, dungeon designs are great. I finished Skyrim with 1st combat mods 2 years ago and still remember a lot of things in that game.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Why are some people constantly looking for things to be mad at?
mad.png

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
You'd think more Codexers would be respectful towards Asmon. He doesn't flaunt his fame. Instead he uses it to fight the very insanity you plebs bitch about day in, day out. I for one am a fan of the guy. He played a big part in Diablo 4 getting torn to shreds.
You sent me a message asking me very politely to call you a retard in text, instead of with a button. Here you go, SDG.

Reinhardt

Arcane

loverslab mods made skyrim great.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
You'd think more Codexers would be respectful towards Asmon. He doesn't flaunt his fame. Instead he uses it to fight the very insanity you plebs bitch about day in, day out. I for one am a fan of the guy. He played a big part in Diablo 4 getting torn to shreds.
You sent me a message asking me very politely to call you a retard in text, instead of with a button. Here you go, SDG.
Just bringing you out of your shell. You're welcome.

Herumor

Scholar
Saw someone was playing earlier on PC, wonder how that happened.
Wasn't that PS5?
Saw someone was playing earlier on PC, wonder how that happened.
Probably got a review copy
I watched the leak, guy is claiming to have a friend in a GameStore or some other such american game's retailer shop. Who supposedly sold him this game early, and he managed to run in on PS5.
No, this was someone else, just posting screenshots on /vg/ and /v/, stuff like the settings menu that show off the settings.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom