Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

kalash19

Novice
DD2 is going to be more party based than the first game, that removes the hype from me for this game completely. Because...

In the first game, hybird class is one of things that make the combat so much fun, for example: you play as an assassin and fight an cyclopes with helmet, your arrow cant go through his helm, so you have to climb to his head to force him remove the helmet , that is what i call true versatility in dynamic combat gameplay.
And now, they remove hybird classes, remove the melee weapon from archer class to make them more unique, but actually sounds more boring and just like the dragon dogma online MMO.

Suicidal

Arcane
Playing through BBI right now and I really hope DD2 has some optional dungeon crawler content like this, or at least something like Everfall but more finished. Would be cool if it's some big mega dungeon you can progress through parallel with the main story quests.
Look at the director bro. He's up there with a small handfull of legends. I expect much greater than BBI. Anything less than BBI will be a disaster but it's Itsuno. Won't happen.
BBI was added later in the expansion (or was it a re-release?) so I don't expect something of this magnitude to be in DD2 right away. BBI feels like an entirely different game inside DD.

Anonona

Learned
hybird class is one of things that make the combat so much fun (...)
And now, they remove hybird classes, remove the melee weapon from archer class to make them more unique, but actually sounds more boring and just like the dragon dogma online MMO.
You can play Warfarer and make any Vocation combination you like, including bow and daggers

Carceri

Arcane
The facial hair preset I was using on my arisen just got an upgrade
MK.jpg

20240309220220-1.jpg

Sadly, no more mystic knight this time around.

Last edited:

Modron

Arcane
They really should have had the forearm mass expand a couple inches further down the arm shit looks downright comical with the elbow blowing up and the wrists super narrow.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
Also it's hilarious that pretty much everybody is clearly using the same female preset face. That's the one major complaint I have about the creator. All those presets and we only get ONE attractive face.

There's more than one female face with good proportions, it's just a matter of tweaking the morph sliders and picking a different skin texture, as those modify the morphology as well. You can go from my-friends-invisible-sister, to cutie, to Instagram filter thot, if that's what you want.
qw1GiUG.jpeg

What really sucks is women suffering from some sort of horrible pelvic deformation disease that makes them walk like men.

Dodo1610

Arcane
The first modding tools for the Demo have been released

I haven't seen any actual mods for it though.

XXxddmr.png

Hopefully, the hype attracts enough people who want to mod the game.

kalash19

Novice
hybird class is one of things that make the combat so much fun (...)
You can play Warfarer and make any Vocation combination you like, including bow and daggers
So this game is basically non warfarer and warfarer, hopefully this class wont require so much grinds to be viable.

Edited: If stats work just like the first game, i guess DD2 will be just as grindy as DD1, so i will have to grind the vocation with best strength increase to lvl max, then switching to Warfarer to get back the "good old" assassin class in the first game. Another grind fest...

Anonona

Learned
If stats work just like the first game, i guess DD2 will be just as grindy as DD1
It has been confirmed that stats will work different from the first game. Each vocation has a determined multiplicative bonus and your stat gain isn't tied to your vocation. So if you are playing mage and you have 50 STR and then change to warrior, you will have 250 STR, which means you don't have to worry to optimize stats. The only grinding will probably be to level the vocations themselves to be able to use their augments and skills.

Nathrandir

Novice
If stats work just like the first game, i guess DD2 will be just as grindy as DD1
It has been confirmed that stats will work different from the first game. Each vocation has a determined multiplicative bonus and your stat gain isn't tied to your vocation. So if you are playing mage and you have 50 STR and then change to warrior, you will have 250 STR, which means you don't have to worry to optimize stats. The only grinding will probably be to level the vocations themselves to be able to use their augments and skills.
I guesss I like this change better for how it will free up how I play the game early on. There won't be any reason to grind a vocation I don't want to play after unlocking its passives, which is a plus. It always seemed counter intuitive that you had to grind out tons of levels to pump stats if you wanted to fully optimize, then only switch to your chosen class late game to play the way you wanted to all along. That's nice I guess.

But that really seems like it'll reduce character build variety. There won't be any decision as to whether you want to go all in on one stat or another, or just stick with a balanced stat load out to stay decent at everything.

It seems like a mixed bag as far as changes go.

Anonona

Learned
But that really seems like it'll reduce character build variety
If I had to guess, probably build will be more about equipment, skills and augments. Equipment already was more important in the first game than base stats, which meant than even without optimizing you could beat everything with good gear, even if relatively slower than a optimized character.

Nathrandir

Novice
There needs to be a Kaiser vocation where his rousing speeches buff all party members.

Kind of like a bard, but more intense. Much more intense.

Carceri

Arcane
They really should have had the forearm mass expand a couple inches further down the arm shit looks downright comical with the elbow blowing up and the wrists super narrow.
The character models have all sorts of anatomical issues. The entire waist and hips area is the most problematic. I have yet to see glutes that have such a short vertical length on a normal human. Pretty strange, cause in the original game things looked a bit more natural. The walking and running animations are way better as well.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
I never played the first game but all the previews are like "basically just a bunch of systems with emergent gameplay" and that has me intrigued. I like that emergent gameplay shit.

Gandalf

Arbiter
This creator is really cool, I can literary make a Redaxium 2 character in it!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom