Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

Vorark

Erudite
These days even consoles get poor optimization and have to rely on FSR and the likes. Capcom seems to still care a bit though, RE4 Remake and MH Rise run decently on modest PCs from what I could tell.

About the game itself, Itsuno is so based that DD2 could double as a Shadow of the Colossus spiritual sequel. Here's hoping there'll be more wandering giants with different abilities and weakspots to really channel the SotC vibes.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm waiting for a price drop for both this and Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth. I'm not paying 700SEK with their shitty price, and pre-order shenanigans. Still looking forward to playing them (but at a cheaper price).

Shrimp

Arbiter
Have they said anything about the amount of vocations that will be in the game?

They haven’t said anything about the total number of vocations yet. For something that’s coming out in just a few months they haven’t exactly said much about the game really.

Maybe it’s just because they have different producers, but they were doing a much better job of getting information out on Devil May Cry 5.

Dodo1610

Arcane
65€, that's new. Funny a couple of years ago every AAA game either cost 50 or 60 sometimes even 70 € now you see every price possible from 60-80 €.

Mortmal

Arcane
Only if it's an extremely poorly done port. Recommended specs are pretty hefty: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 / AMD Radeon RX 6700 (2160i/30fps and framerates may drop in intensive scenes...) for a game that doesn't look that much better than the PS3 Dragon's Dogma.

They may be protecting themselves by lowering expectations; such as the comparatively heftier min specs announced for MH:Rise than necessary, the lower specs could run it much higher quality/fps than suggested if I remember right. But it may just be that much more expansive, time will tell..

Yeah, impossible to say until release, but it's also possible that they based the min specs on the current gen consoles like a PS5. I also wonder if despite the graphics not looking ultra amazing or anything, whether there are demanding bits in an open world with a variety of AI actors (NPCs, monsters, etc.) and draw distance.

Either way, I'm not concerned by the specs, but it does make sense that some people would, especially if your PC is a Wizardry box or something.
We are far from the Wizardry Box and well above the average rig that Steam users still use. Minimum specs are for a royal 1080p/30fps (framerate might drop in graphics-intensive scenes again). NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti or AMD Radeon RX 6800 is required to support ray tracing. Now, let's hope you can at least get 60 fps without ray tracing, all for something that doesn't look better than Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk, both running well over 100+ fps with such hardware.

Yeah it must be big maps + foliage eating up GPU resources because I don't see any higher visual fidelity in these videos than Devil May Cry V, which I can run at stable 60 FPS on RTX 3060 maxed out at 1944p (2.25x DLDSR@1080p + 120% in game rendering resolution slider). That was the reason I hoped I was at least good for 1080p/60FPS on DD2. Oh well..

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Mystic spearhand looks sick

I knew I recognized this from somewhere. It looks exactly like one of Vergils moves from the DMC series.

3375fffa6a3a8ba3776b7a3c495926a83c1e4337.gifv

Yep, down to the color being extremly similar.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
A man can hope right? Right?
1000040947.jpg

But shield sage should be paladin or somethint because if there are MK, it is already a shield and parry heavy vocation.

Edit: apparently shield sage is ddon vocation and i apologize for my ignorance

The Trickster Vocation has summons it seems. So it might also be the summoning class.

They really should be doing deep dive videos on the vocations as opposed to what they’re doing, these around like second looks, especially since it seems like the game is far enough out where they could maybe do one every other week. In the little look at the Trickster class they call it a support class, but the smoke dragon summon the Trickster did seemed like an offensive attack.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
The Trickster Vocation has summons it seems. So it might also be the summoning class.

They really should be doing deep dive videos on the vocations as opposed to what they’re doing, these around like second looks, especially since it seems like the game is far enough out where they could maybe do one every other week. In the little look at the Trickster class they call it a support class, but the smoke dragon summon the Trickster did seemed like an offensive attack.
I'd expect to see that sort of stuff closer to release, like to build hype say around late January and into February. Right now I'd be wanting to drum up sales for Xmas with products that are out atm.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Mystic spearhand looks sick

I knew I recognized this from somewhere. It looks exactly like one of Vergils moves from the DMC series.

3375fffa6a3a8ba3776b7a3c495926a83c1e4337.gifv

Yep, down to the color being extremly similar.

Vergil's doppleganger ability yeah
But the combat move itself is more like Dante's "revolver" with cerebrus nunchuck form:
Cer-IRevolver-2.gif

And the moveset before that seems like that of a quarter staff, just like the cerbrus quarterstaff form:
Cer-FCombo-C.gif

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I don't recall where (or if it was official, but I thought so) - I thought they did say a bit about vocation types and how instead of 3 types to cross, there are now 4.

Basically the warrior and mage types like DD, but with strider split into archer and melee types, so you have basically archer and dagger wielder rogue subtypes.

Igge

Educated
Finally a fantasy RPG with decent combat system and without gay shit - something the West forgot how to make since the release of the Dark Messiah

P.S.: aye there was the Witcher 3, well since 2015 then, either way long time ago.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom