Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

Shrimp

Arbiter
The same Twitter post who said the game was going to be 30 fps on consoles, also claimed that there would only be one save slot.
I think one save slot already has been officially confirmed in one of the more recent videos. I can't remember which one though.

TwoEdge

Scholar
Wait, we can combine abilities from multiple classes? Was this already revealed?

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
1706741051967676.png

1706741320920900.png

1706743102641672.png

1706741723463885.png

Interested to see how the switch works. I figured there’d be some custom class thing based on stuff Hideaki Itsuno has done in other games he’s done sequels for. But I didn’t think I’d work quite like this. I just figured some Vocation Skills could cross different similar types of weapons, and when they revealed in this game that all Vocations would just be one weapon that you could mix and match two Vocations to have two weapons like the Strider class from the first game. But this looks like you can cycle through everything. I guess it could just work like cycling through weapons in Devil May Cry 5.

Herumor

Scholar
Given the new info on Vocation Master NPCs, I think it might be possible there's still vocations in the game that haven't been shown and they're keeping it as a secret for people when they actually play the game and explore it.

wvhSS7S.jpeg

Suicidal

Arcane
So is there any reason not to pick Warfarer considering you can make whatever class you like with it?

Turn_BASED

Educated
So is there any reason not to pick Warfarer considering you can make whatever class you like with it?
From the DD2 website:
“The Warfarer’s lower base stats require them to utilize the situational strengths of different weapon types to be on par with other vocations with specialized strengths”

Suicidal

Arcane
From the DD2 website:
“The Warfarer’s lower base stats require them to utilize the situational strengths of different weapon types to be on par with other vocations with specialized strengths”
Seems like a very easily overcome restriction unless we're talking like -50% to everything which will lead you to getting one shot by random goblins.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
From the DD2 website:
Seems like a very easily overcome restriction unless we're talking like -50% to everything which will lead you to getting one shot by random goblins.
Considering the gulf in stat gains between vocations in the first game, I wouldn't be surprised if it's meant as an endgame option after you've already gotten your gains in and can fit in a role. Probably meant more for letting you combine magic bows and meteor swarms than phys and magic classes together.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
I think it might be possible there's still vocations in the game that haven't been shown
Only idiots fell for the doomposting faggots claims that the game would only have 9 vocations

It seems like a "jack of all trades, master of none" class
So while yeah you can use abilities from all other vocations, you probably won't be able to use the strongest of them
Plus considering the fancier borders, I bet this is some kind of late-game or even post-game vocation

Given the new info on Vocation Master NPCs, I think it might be possible there's still vocations in the game that haven't been shown and they're keeping it as a secret for people when they actually play the game and explore it.

wvhSS7S.jpeg

They talked about this in the video before last. You don’t just unlock Vocations anymore like in Dragon’s Dogma. You have to do things to get them now.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Even the starting vocations must do quests for their master to unlock the strongest skills. I am grateful Capcom is fixing my biggest issue with the first one, which was that it always felt too much like a singleplayer MMO with its questboards and huge exclamation mark above quests NCPs, instead, they are going for a more immersive design than most western RPG are delivering these days.

Herumor

Scholar

wvhSS7S.jpeg

They talked about this in the video before last. You don’t just unlock Vocations anymore like in Dragon’s Dogma. You have to do things to get them now.
I saw that - for the Warrior vocation you had to find a weapon artifact and bring it back. But I doubt stuff like Warfarer is going to be that simple.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well duh, people who think the one they have revealed sre gonna be the only ones in game are dumb. Obviously they want to keep secret.

This just mean either we have 3rd tier of vocations (look at the "frame" of the icons, there are obvious "progression" in the decoration design from simple, to decorated to gilded).

These vocatins probably are those unlocked specially trough quests/the meisters or it is simply combining all the colors (red, green, blue produce white, and in line with sword , bow and staff)

Whether we have 3rd tier for every combinations is doubtful but it's obvious there are at least 5 more (advanced green, advanced yello, green/yellow, et )

Who knows if purple and pink have its own basic vocationa

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
https://www.reddit.com/r/DragonsDog.../?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
People are saying that stats are no longer shared between vocations so your level 10 warrior will always have the same stats no matter in which vocations had been playing previously. So the warfarer will always have weaker stats than the other vocations.
Impossible to minmax stat :(

Or hopefully it works like crystal project or other similar FF V class system. Changing class change a modifier on your stats , but not everything. If you level up mage and change to warrior you will get slight boosts but isnt higher than "native" warrior chars

Suicidal

Arcane
Well duh, people who think the one they have revealed sre gonna be the only ones in game are dumb. Obviously they want to keep secret.

This just mean either we have 3rd tier of vocations (look at the "frame" of the icons, there are obvious "progression" in the decoration design from simple, to decorated to gilded).

These vocatins probably are those unlocked specially trough quests/the meisters or it is simply combining all the colors (red, green, blue produce white, and in line with sword , bow and staff)

Whether we have 3rd tier for every combinations is doubtful but it's obvious there are at least 5 more (advanced green, advanced yello, green/yellow, et )

Who knows if purple and pink have its own basic vocationa
Warfarer makes me think that because this seems like the "final ultimate vocation" that they would show off last. I hope I'm wrong though. More is better. I never played DD online but the one who could jump around in the air seemed fun from the videos so I hope there will be something similar here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom