Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
while Warrior doesn't seem very good against 'normal' enemies because of the slow windup times
I found the combo hitting with warrior MUCH faster this time around. Way better than the last game.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
while Warrior doesn't seem very good against 'normal' enemies because of the slow windup times
I found the combo hitting with warrior MUCH faster this time around. Way better than the last game.
Yeah, true. Trouble is, with ranged pawns, they will often kill many mobs before a warrior can even engage them...

Overall warrior is pretty effective. Very tanky and with huge stagger/knockdown power and neat finishers on lying enemies.

However I'd say more then half his active skills feel useless and/or redundant.

Sweep: Kinda cool, but pretty useless. Being frozen while charging a heavy attack while mobs run around you is not practical with the new, faster, chained regular swings. You do a lot of stagger to normal mobs even with regular swings.
Skyward Sunder: MVP, nuff said.
Bellow: Yeah, whatever. Maybe good for a Pawn if you want to have a warrior to take hits for your skinny, elven arse. I prefer getting aggro by offensive moves and knocking enemies on their arses.
Lunge: I absolutely hate the straight line charge skill. Enemies will get out of the way/spread way before you reach your destination.
Lauch: Haven't tested too much, but when I tried it, my Pawns didn't make any reasonable use of that... didn't even try to jump in the direction of the nearby elevated chest...
Surging Strike: You jump and stab... the ground? Seems very impractical. MAYBE reduces fall damage? Certainly feels like a waste of time and effort against mobs.
Revivify: Okay, I guess.
Lash: Don't see much use for the Lash abilities so far. Striking ground real strong on a charge isn't gonna do much. Theoretically could hit some low-lying vitals after a knockdown on some bosses (chimera?), but... might as well just use a regular heavy?
Breaker: Low damage but pretty solid, creates openings and opportunities to bring large enemies down.
Tidal: Defense & counter? Seems rather slow TBH. Doesn't fit that well into the typical warrior pressure playstyle.
Gale Slash: Don't know yet. Seems a bit redundant with normal chained swings?
Arc of Might: Don't know yet. Doesn't sound that hot - unless its A LOT better then the Lashes.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
got bitchslaped by eliminator. because retarded pawn decided now is perfect time to open chest. with maneater.

Shaki

Arbiter
Which one would you rather hire? Mask on or off? I'm trying to make a good thirst trap out of my pawn to maximize the number of hires, but I also want her to still look unique and cool, without the overused corset shit that every popular pawn wears.

M5MIuFu.png

MerchantKing

Learned
Which one would you rather hire? Mask on or off? I'm trying to make a good thirst trap out of my pawn to maximize the number of hires, but I also want her to still look unique and cool, without the overused corset shit that every popular pawn wears.

M5MIuFu.png
The arabs are onto something when they say women should be wearing Burqas.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
I'm well over 100 hours in and still have alot to do. All those worthless cocksuckers crying about the game being too short experienced a tiny fraction of it. Anybody claiming to have 100%ed it in 50 hours or less is a lying shitbag. Shame them to hell, you have my approval.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

M5MIuFu.png
Without the mask IMO.

Shaki

Arbiter
I'm well over 100 hours in and still have alot to do. All those worthless cocksuckers crying about the game being too short experienced a tiny fraction of it. Anybody claiming to have 100%ed it in 50 hours or less is a lying shitbag. Shame them to hell, you have my approval.
I'm approaching 100 hours and I barely started properly exploring Battahl like ~10 hours ago.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Look at my face. I fought two Golems and a Griffin at the same time at 4 in the mornin and I don't give a fuck. Say, you got any sisters?

Edit

There was a small update last night, about half a gigerbit in size or roughly 500 miggerbits. Nobody seems to know what it did, but PC gamers are crying as that's seemingly the only way they know how to react to things. Wah wah WAH! Everybody else is speculating like reasonable adults.

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
There was a small update last night, about half a gigerbit in size or roughly 500 miggerbits. Nobody seems to know what it did, but PC gamers are crying as that's seemingly the only way they know how to react to things. Wah wah WAH! Everybody else is speculating like reasonable adults.
There's an update about it on Steam. Bug fixes, basically.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I fought the griffin but he escaped after receiving some hits. The wyrm from the lake is still kicking my butt though.
Oh, you fought the Griffin?

...a dozen time already, give or take.
He's playing the original Dragon's Dogma, where it's possible to go an entire playthrough without having an opportunity for an actual griffin fight other than the one mandatory, quest-driven griffin. I assume the "wyrm from the lake" is the drake south of the Shadow Fort.

So, I've now maxed out Fighter, Archer, and Thief vocations. I've also got Warrior at Rank 4.
I've just gone back to Warrior to work towards max-rank there. I didn't enjoy it much last time I tried it, maybe I'll get on with it better this time around.
Should try the Mystic Spearhand for a full comparison between the four melee vocations.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Not that it really matters as it's a single player game, but I'm not sure why somebody would seemingly be cheating/exploiting when the game is pretty easy already.
It's a hacked pawn, there are tons of them about, people with the top pawns in the game are getting trolled by hackers who send illegal items as rewards for the pawn's owner, who then either experiences a crash, or some other issue
Was this also a big problem the original release on the 7th gen consoles suffered?

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Thief seems much stronger than the other classes
He's the pure DPS vocation
But they did exagerate on his damage potential, plus his mobility options make him borderline untouchable
Don't know if this was the devs intention, but the way I see it, Thief is essentially the Assassin equivalent in this game (i.e. the Solo Class)

Anonona

Learned
Thief even has some decent support skills. Esnare is good for CC, toppling big guys and flyers, Smoke Bomb is good CC, and Plunder is actually pretty good, specially on pawns. Besides rare materials, Thiefs will sometimes snatch Ferrystones and Wakestones Shards. Is certainly overtuned compared to the other vocations.

mediocrepoet

Patron
Thief even has some decent support skills. Esnare is good for CC, toppling big guys and flyers, Smoke Bomb is good CC, and Plunder is actually pretty good, specially on pawns. Besides rare materials, Thiefs will sometimes snatch Ferrystones and Wakestones Shards. Is certainly overtuned compared to the other vocations.
It's true of the original release too. Various classes had some fun stuff, but if you wanted a true powergaming experience, you'd end up back at maxed out Strider.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Imo if they release an advanced Vocation for Thief, they should relegate the more DPS focused skills to that job and add more support oriented skills to Thief

mediocrepoet

Patron
Imo if they release an advanced Vocation for Thief, they should relegate the more DPS focused skills to that job and add more support oriented skills to Thief
It'd work if they re-introduced "Assassin" as a concept and instead of giving it strider + fighter, they basically just gave it strider (Dagger + Bow) or something. Or even just the crazier dagger stuff and insta-kill counter.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Thief is overrated. Second I switched to it my party started getting their ass kicked by all manner of critters, including lowly shit like Herpes. I can't remember what it's long range grapple is called but it failed to yank Herpes out of the sky (maybe you need the upgraded version?). I couldn't switch back to archer quick enough.
fd53dc867c04bb02ecaac56c8e77be03.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom