Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

janior

Arcane
Patron
this game is an unholy fusion of oblivion/NWN2/MH and no it has nothing to do with D&D

Well that's the dumbest thing I've read today. Congrats.

You might as well say that Fallout is an unholy fusion of Doom/Mad Max/South Park and has nothing to do with RPGs since it isn't GURPS.
You're right I'm too harsh on Oblivion because it has some decent quests.
As for the crap devs of this title considered acceptable: collect 60 Skulls, kill 20 Harpies, kill 60 skeletons, Pick 50 flowers... etc. some of the shittiest korean mmos had more intricate side missions than this.
The highlight of this """fantastic""" combat system is jumping on the monster and mindlessly mashing attack.

Visually it's also a total puke, dont even care for shitty LOD or textures the game is just ugly.

Fargus

Arcane
The only time my pawn was hired and got me a some amount of rift crystals was when a guy from my steam friend list played that game. But then he rated her 3\5. Motherfucker.

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
The only time my pawn was hired and got me a some amount of rift crystals was when a guy from my steam friend list played that game. But then he rated her 3\5. Motherfucker.
If your pawn dies and gets sent back automatically, it'll rate 3 in every category.

RIP to all those pawns who threw themselves into the abyss due to terrible pathing in BBI. The amount of backtracking I had to do because of that...Probably look like an ass just rating them 3/5 for no reason, even the ones who served me wonderfully until then.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
As for the crap devs of this title considered acceptable: collect 60 Skulls, kill 20 Harpies, kill 60 skeletons, Pick 50 flowers... etc. some of the shittiest korean mmos had more intricate side missions than this.
>goes to the busy work dispenser
>gets mad it gives him busy work

:kingcomrade:

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
No one's hiring my sweet little niggress Sorcerer pawn.
Y'all some racist ass honkey motherfuckers.
Will be interesting to see how many DD2 players make theirs black even with the default being black.

If you don't hire this pawn, that means you're racist.

gibsmedat.jpg

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Still having fun with the game though some of the novelty is wearing off. I have been using more dark magic. The poison cloud has been a regular on my setup. The problem I have with the status effect magic is that it doesn't work well on anything you want it to. By the time your magic stat and level are high enough, you can just kill it. It makes CC kind of pointless. I wish I could equip more spells as once so that I could experiment more without gimping myself. I am also having a damned of s time finding a decent archstaff. Those gripes aside though, still having lots of fun. The spirit of adventure and loving crafted world are a joy to experience. I am definitely going to buy DD2 when it comes out. Its rare that I skip the customary 1 year waiting period. That's high praise.

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
DD2 is out, and I would think twice before buying blind.
I love the original, and I probably wouldn't play the sequel for free.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Is there really a reason to play the new one? Just replay the first if you have the urge to play a game like DD

Too early to say, tbh. I think (so far) most of the complaints seem to be overblown. That being said, I can run DD2 with everything maxed out and RT on, so... that isn't the normal experience.

Based on first impressions I'd say they've fleshed out the story, the graphics are significantly better, you don't have to tool around with your class to get the stats you want - so the single character slot is less of a kick in the balls.

Most of the complaints about DD2 are about things that were in DD1, but most people didn't play it until its PC release years later. e.g. paid RCs in the store, frame rates tanking, etc.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is there really a reason to play the new one? Just replay the first if you have the urge to play a game like DD

Too early to say, tbh. I think (so far) most of the complaints seem to be overblown. That being said, I can run DD2 with everything maxed out and RT on, so... that isn't the normal experience.

Based on first impressions I'd say they've fleshed out the story, the graphics are significantly better, you don't have to tool around with your class to get the stats you want - so the single character slot is less of a kick in the balls.

Most of the complaints about DD2 are about things that were in DD1, but most people didn't play it until its PC release years later. e.g. paid RCs in the store, frame rates tanking, etc.
Huh, that explains why DD1 became a hit years after release, I guess.

Fargus

Arcane
DD2 is out, and I would think twice before buying blind.
I love the original, and I probably wouldn't play the sequel for free.

I understand the game is a reboot\remake rather than a sequel. Supposedly they made the world less empty and pointless to explore than it was in original DD, with better quests. That was common criticism. I don't care about better graphics and other "additions" like furry race.

I wouldn't buy it myself any time soon or play it, don't see the point. And my pc is getting dated anyway.

Black

Arcane
It's probably best to wait for it to receive the Dark Arisen treatment, if it ever does.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom